ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

09-07-2007, 05:46 AM   #1
Spaceman Spiff
Captain
Rep
Drives: R8, 996 C2, Z4MR (sold)

15K Service

Yeah! My first post :>

I swapped my Z3 with an 03 Z4 a few weeks ago. It has 14K miles on it and the service indicator shows 13.5K miles to the next service. Do I need to change oil or do anything else @ 15K? It is still under the 4 yrs maintenance until 10/30. Also, is there a way to get the service record? I appreciate any info
BTW, I am the 3rd owner. It was leased, then sold by Crevier BMW as a CPO to the 2nd owner in 2005 @ 10K miles.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2007, 08:50 AM   #2
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

A couple things.

1. You should have got the service record with the car. You may have gotten it and don't know it, so check through the manuals and look for it.

2. BMW recommends people get a service done once a year regardless of mileage. Its possible that the last owner got it done prior to turning it in to BMW, or BMW may have done it when they got the car and put it back up for sale.

Either way, the service record should tell you, so look for it and if you can't find it and the dealer doesn't have it or won't give it to you, you can always do a carfax report as a last resort. Not sure if those show you routine services tho...

07 ///M Coupe (Premium Package) Black Saphire Ext. Imola Red Int.

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2007, 11:18 AM   #3
Furstration
NOGGIN WATCHER
Rep
Drives: 11 135 and X3

Just call your dealer and ask him to look up the service history. Any BMW dealer will have it.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2007, 02:34 PM   #4
maxz4
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4

When i bought mine, it was done as part of the "certified" BMW warranty. But check with the dealer, but it looks like they reset the service indicator so it should be ok.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2007, 03:16 PM   #5
peakpro
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ex-Z4; now looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furstration View Post
Just call your dealer and ask him to look up the service history. Any BMW dealer will have it.

just a heads up...they may not be as forth comingwith the service recrod anymore...

it appears BMW has changed their policy about giving that info out...
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2007, 01:32 AM   #6
Spaceman Spiff
Captain
Rep
Drives: R8, 996 C2, Z4MR (sold)

Thanks for all the advice guys
The previous owner had never serviced the car so he didn't have any service records. I called one of the local dealers (Santa Monica) and they told me service records are "confidential information" and I must ask the previous owner about it! Even after I expained the situation, I was still unable to get a word out of them Carfax doesn't show routine service (I did get a carfax report before I bought the car) so it looks like I am SOL
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2007, 08:49 AM   #7
BlackSapphireZ
Major
Rep
Drives: 22 GLE 53 Coupe

so you are entitled to a maintenance
      09-08-2007, 10:47 AM   #8
Rick Hunter
Skull Squadron Leader
Rep
Drives: '07 M Coupé & '16 435xi GCoupé

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff View Post
Thanks for all the advice guys
The previous owner had never serviced the car so he didn't have any service records. I called one of the local dealers (Santa Monica) and they told me service records are "confidential information" and I must ask the previous owner about it! Even after I expained the situation, I was still unable to get a word out of them Carfax doesn't show routine service (I did get a carfax report before I bought the car) so it looks like I am SOL
So... the 2nd owner probably got the initial oil change before they picked up the car, and they only drove 5000miles before you got it (thus never thought of doing an oil change). But you should still get a scheduled maintenance done under warranty since it's been >1yr since last service.