ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Navigation, Audio, Bluetooth, Stereo, Electronics Talk
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-20-2013, 01:53 PM   #1
thelinux
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4 3si

2008 z4 with nav and dsp. ipod interface?

I am looking for an ipod interface that works with my car. Dice seems to be too expensive.

I found USA SPEC PA12-BMW-DSP. I have good experience with USA SPEC product on my old honda.
Has anyone tried this product? Does this work with my car? USA SPEC site list only up to 2007 z4 and says nothing about 2008 and later models.

What other options do I have if this is not compatible?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2013, 12:00 AM   #2
Barryb97
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 M coupe

If you can find one Intravee II and alpine 420i works great!
CDV delete, clutch stop, BMW pedals, Strongstrut bar, CF rad & coil cover, M3 reps, roundel under hood, Intravee II, air bag sticker delete, first aid storage, painted reflectors, headlight washer disable, Skyer CF front lip, Short shift kit, Leather Z arm rest, Stromung exhaust, RPI scoop, RTAB limiters, powerflex bushings, TC Kline DA coilovers, PB big brake kit, Skyer CF rear spoiler and diffuser, oil pressure and water temp guages.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 12:57 PM   #3
bucko521
More of this than that!
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 3.0i, Z3 2.5i

Here is a good buy.

http://www.amazon.com/DICE-DUO-100-B.../dp/B004I6JR24

or

http://www.ipodcarpros.com/iPod/iPho...duct_info.html

or

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DUO-100-BMW-...item3f1c96c3ba

I have this in mine...and it works flawlessly.

Good luck.

'06 Z4 3.0i Jet Black/ Biege/Black
Leather / Premium Package / DICE Silverline DUO / Stubby Antenna / Matte Black Grill
Ultimate Cup Holder x2 / Gaptech RCH+ / First Aid storagebox x2 / Acrylic Wind Deflector
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 12:17 PM   #4
intoflatlines
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MR, E34, E30

Would those work in a 2006 with nav (and what I think is DSP)? Would that allow control/navigation of the ipod with the buttons on steering wheel and on the head unit?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 12:50 PM   #5
bucko521
More of this than that!
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by intoflatlines View Post
Would those work in a 2006 with nav (and what I think is DSP)? Would that allow control/navigation of the ipod with the buttons on steering wheel and on the head unit?
If you have DSP...the DSP models require i-BMW-DSP module - sold separately.

However, I have no idea if having NAV also gives you DSP (others can chime in here).

As for steering wheel control...yes, I have the DICE and full control using wheel buttons.

p.s.

Here is one being sold on ebay with DSP module. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dice-Silverl...item3cd029dcda

Leather / Premium Package / DICE Silverline DUO / Stubby Antenna / Matte Black Grill
Ultimate Cup Holder x2 / Gaptech RCH+ / First Aid storagebox x2 / Acrylic Wind Deflector

Last edited by bucko521; 03-27-2013 at 12:55 PM.. Reason: added info:
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 12:58 PM   #6
intoflatlines
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MR, E34, E30

Thanks. Sorry for the thread hijack but I feel like it's similar enough where I shouldn't make another thread. DSP is that menu where you can choose different audio EQ "presets" right? If so, I believe I have that option. Unless there's a better way to check (like with an option code via VIN search or something).

So if I do have DSP, I could use one of the above kits, but I'd have to buy an i-BMW-DSP module as well?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 02:15 PM   #7
bucko521
More of this than that!
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by intoflatlines View Post

So if I do have DSP, I could use one of the above kits, but I'd have to buy an i-BMW-DSP module as well?

Yes, same kit, but you need the added module.

Gotta say I would be lost without my DICE.

Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 09:40 PM   #8
pungo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MC-X3-35i-525i, Corrado G60

Garage List
Intravee II = The best solution

I gotta say, if you have NAV, the Intravee II with alpine 420i and alpine HD radio = total integration. The best but the most expensive. You get what you pay for. This is one bad a$$ device. Check out all the options, especially the extras menu, you can even display the acceleration and deceleration G-forces, max speed, max rpm. on the nav screen. I know someone who is getting ready to return their lease and will be pulling it out before they return their car and will have it for sale.
Intravee_Users_Guide_V6.02-6993.pdf

1. Introduction .................................................. .................................................. ..................................... 1
1.1. User Interface Mode .................................................. .................................................. ................. 1
1.1.1. UI Mode 1................................................. .................................................. ........................... 1
1.1.2. UI Mode 2................................................. .................................................. ........................... 1
1.1.3. UI Mode 3................................................. .................................................. ........................... 2
1.1.4. UI Mode 4................................................. .................................................. ........................... 3
1.1.5. UI Mode 5 & 6 .................................................. .................................................. ................... 5
1.2. Setting the UI Mode .................................................. .................................................. .................. 5
1.2.1. Setting the UI mode with a PC .................................................. ............................................. 5
1.2.2. Setting the UI mode with the head unit .................................................. ............................... 5
2. Single Line display UI Modes 1,2,3 and 4 .................................................. ............................................. 7
2.1. The double key press issue .................................................. .................................................. ........ 8
2.2. Intravee Single Line Menu Reference .................................................. .......................................... 8
2.2.1. Menu Overview .................................................. .................................................. ................. 8
2.2.2. Main Menu .................................................. .................................................. ........................ 9
2.2.3. Source Selection Menu .................................................. .................................................. .... 10
2.2.4. Searching .................................................. .................................................. ......................... 10
Auto Song Search .................................................. .................................................. ........................ 11
Percentage Search .................................................. .................................................. ...................... 11
2.2.5. iPod source specific menu .................................................. ................................................. 11
Source Type .................................................. .................................................. ............................... 11
Now Playing .................................................. .................................................. ............................... 12
Song Search .................................................. .................................................. ............................... 12
Album Search .................................................. .................................................. ............................. 12
Artist Search............................................ .................................................. ..................................... 12
Playlist Search .................................................. .................................................. ............................ 12
Random Mode .................................................. .................................................. ........................... 13
Random Off .................................................. .................................................. ............................ 13
Random Song .................................................. .................................................. .......................... 13
Random Album .................................................. .................................................. ....................... 13
Repeat Mode .................................................. .................................................. ............................. 13
Repeat All .................................................. .................................................. ............................... 13
Repeat Song .................................................. .................................................. ........................... 13
2.2.6. CD Changer source specific menu .................................................. ...................................... 13
Source Type .................................................. .................................................. ............................... 13
Now Playing .................................................. .................................................. ............................... 14
File Search .................................................. .................................................. .................................. 14
Folder Search .................................................. .................................................. ............................. 14
Random Mode .................................................. .................................................. ........................... 15
Random Off .................................................. .................................................. ............................ 15
Random Folder .................................................. .................................................. ........................ 15
Random Disc .................................................. .................................................. ........................... 15
Repeat Mode .................................................. .................................................. ............................. 15
Repeat Off .................................................. .................................................. .............................. 15
Repeat Track .................................................. .................................................. ........................... 15
Repeat Folder .................................................. .................................................. .......................... 15
Repeat Disc .................................................. .................................................. ............................ 15
Intro Scan .................................................. .................................................. ................................... 15
Disc Select .................................................. .................................................. .................................. 15
Track/Folder Selection Mode .................................................. .................................................. ...... 15
ii
2.2.7. DAB Tuner source specific menu.............................................. ............................................ 16
Source Type .................................................. .................................................. ............................... 16
Now Playing .................................................. .................................................. ............................... 16
Presets .................................................. .................................................. ....................................... 16
Preset Bank .................................................. .................................................. ................................ 16
2.2.8. HD Radio source specific menu .................................................. .......................................... 16
Source Type .................................................. .................................................. ............................... 16
Now Playing .................................................. .................................................. ............................... 17
Presets .................................................. .................................................. ....................................... 17
Band .................................................. .................................................. .......................................... 17
Seek Mode .................................................. .................................................. ................................. 17
Distance .................................................. .................................................. ................................. 17
Local .................................................. .................................................. ....................................... 18
Manual .................................................. .................................................. ................................... 18
Digital .................................................. .................................................. ..................................... 18
2.2.9. Sirius/XM source specific menu .................................................. ......................................... 18
Source Type .................................................. .................................................. ............................... 18
Now Playing .................................................. .................................................. ............................... 18
Presets .................................................. .................................................. ....................................... 18
Preset Bank .................................................. .................................................. ................................ 19
2.2.10. Presets Menu .................................................. .................................................. .................. 19
2.2.11. Setup Menu .................................................. .................................................. ..................... 19
Setup Keys .................................................. .................................................. ................................. 19
Reset Key Defaults.......................................... .................................................. ........................... 24
Setup Display .................................................. .................................................. ............................. 25
Scroll Parameters .................................................. .................................................. .................... 25
NP Timeout .................................................. .................................................. ............................ 25
Display Length .................................................. .................................................. ......................... 25
Fast Update (UI2 Only) .................................................. .................................................. ............ 25
Lead Char (UI2 Only) .................................................. .................................................. ............... 26
Setup Search .................................................. .................................................. .............................. 26
Auto Song Search .................................................. .................................................. .................... 26
Percentage Search .................................................. .................................................. ................... 27
Setup Language .................................................. .................................................. ........................... 27
Auto .................................................. .................................................. ....................................... 27
English .................................................. .................................................. .................................... 27
Deutsch .................................................. .................................................. .................................. 27
Dutch .................................................. .................................................. ..................................... 27
Français .................................................. .................................................. .................................. 27
Italiano .................................................. .................................................. ................................... 27
Español .................................................. .................................................. .................................. 27
Extras .................................................. .................................................. ......................................... 27
Vehicle Info .................................................. .................................................. ............................ 27
Control .................................................. .................................................. ................................... 30
Extras Setup .................................................. .................................................. ........................... 33
OBC Display (UI1 and UI4 Only) .................................................. .................................................. ... 36
Enable .................................................. .................................................. .................................... 36
Text Item .................................................. .................................................. ................................ 36
OBC Target .................................................. .................................................. ............................. 39
Start Delay .................................................. .................................................. ............................. 39
iii
Speed .................................................. .................................................. ..................................... 39
End Delay .................................................. .................................................. ............................... 39
Final Delay .................................................. .................................................. .............................. 39
2.2.12. Diagnostics Menu .................................................. .................................................. ............ 39
Reboot .................................................. .................................................. ....................................... 39
Reset Counts .................................................. .................................................. .............................. 39
Power Ctrl Off .................................................. .................................................. ............................ 39
Power Ctrl On................................................ .................................................. ............................... 40
iBusd .................................................. .................................................. .......................................... 40
iBusm .................................................. .................................................. ......................................... 40
Netd .................................................. .................................................. ........................................... 40
Netm .................................................. .................................................. .......................................... 40
Appm .................................................. .................................................. ......................................... 40
Pings .................................................. .................................................. .......................................... 40
Critm .................................................. .................................................. .......................................... 40
2.2.13. Status Menu .................................................. .................................................. .................... 40
Boot Count .................................................. .................................................. ................................. 40
Boot Fatal Count .................................................. .................................................. ......................... 40
Recovery Count .................................................. .................................................. ........................... 40
Sleep Fail Count .................................................. .................................................. .......................... 40
Watchdog Count .................................................. .................................................. ......................... 41
IPC Count .................................................. .................................................. ................................... 41
Run Time .................................................. .................................................. .................................... 41
2.2.14. About Menu .................................................. .................................................. .................... 41
Firmware Version .................................................. .................................................. ........................ 41
Firmware Build .................................................. .................................................. ........................... 41
Serial Number .................................................. .................................................. ............................ 41
Build Date .................................................. .................................................. .................................. 41
3. Multi Line Menu UI Mode 6 .................................................. .................................................. ............ 42
3.1. Control Keys .................................................. .................................................. ........................... 42
3.2. Initial Setup .................................................. .................................................. ............................ 43
3.2.1. Nav System Setup .................................................. .................................................. ............ 43
TV Module .................................................. .................................................. ................................. 44
Mk 1, Mk 2 and Mk 3 Nav computers with Software 3-1/31 or lower .............................................. 44
Mk 3 Nav computers with Software 3-1/40 or higher and Mk 4 Nav computers .............................. 44
Mk 4 Nav computers with Software 4-1/40 or higher .................................................. .................... 44
3.2.2. BMW Mini .................................................. .................................................. ....................... 44
3.3. Intravee Menu Reference .................................................. .................................................. ........ 44
3.3.1. iPod Source .................................................. .................................................. ..................... 45
Main Menu .................................................. .................................................. ................................ 45
Random Mode .................................................. .................................................. ........................ 45
Repeat Mode .................................................. .................................................. .......................... 45
Pause/Play .................................................. .................................................. ............................. 46
Now Playing Menu .................................................. .................................................. ...................... 46
Now Playing Screen .................................................. .................................................. ..................... 47
Alternate Now Playing Screen .................................................. .................................................. ..... 48
Extended Song ID3 Now Playing Screen .................................................. ........................................ 48
Extended Album ID3 Now Playing screen .................................................. ...................................... 49
Extended Artist ID3 Now Playing screen .................................................. ........................................ 49
Search Menu .................................................. .................................................. .............................. 50
iv
3.3.2. MP3 CD or DVD Source .................................................. .................................................. .... 51
Main Menu .................................................. .................................................. ................................ 51
Random Mode .................................................. .................................................. ........................ 51
Repeat Mode .................................................. .................................................. .......................... 51
Intro Scan .................................................. .................................................. ............................... 52
Pause/Play .................................................. .................................................. ............................. 52
Now Playing .................................................. .................................................. ............................... 52
Static Now Playing Screen .................................................. .................................................. ........... 53
Search Menu .................................................. .................................................. .............................. 54
Combined Search Menu .................................................. .................................................. .............. 54
Disc Selection Menu .................................................. .................................................. .................... 55
3.3.3. Audio CD or MD Source .................................................. .................................................. ... 56
Main Menu .................................................. .................................................. ................................ 56
Random Mode .................................................. .................................................. ........................ 56
Repeat Mode .................................................. .................................................. .......................... 56
Intro Scan .................................................. .................................................. ............................... 57
Pause/Play .................................................. .................................................. ............................. 57
Now Playing .................................................. .................................................. ............................... 57
Static Now Playing Screen .................................................. .................................................. ........... 58
Disc Selection Menu, 6 Disc Changer .................................................. ............................................. 59
Disc 1-6 Selection Menu, 12 Disc Changer .................................................. ..................................... 59
Disc 7-12 Selection Menu, 12 Disc Changer .................................................. ................................... 60
3.3.4. DAB Radio Source .................................................. .................................................. ............ 60
Main Menu .................................................. .................................................. ................................ 60
Preset Banks 1-3 .................................................. .................................................. ...................... 61
Dynamic Range............................................. .................................................. ............................ 61
Now Playing .................................................. .................................................. ............................... 61
Static Now Playing Screen .................................................. .................................................. ........... 62
Secondary Static Now Playing Screen .................................................. ............................................ 62
Presets Menu .................................................. .................................................. ............................. 63
Auto Store .................................................. .................................................. .................................. 63
DAB Station Secondary Service........................................... .................................................. ........... 63
3.3.5. HD Radio source .................................................. .................................................. .............. 64
Main Menu .................................................. .................................................. ................................ 64
Next Band .................................................. .................................................. .............................. 64
Now Playing .................................................. .................................................. ............................... 65
Presets Menu .................................................. .................................................. ............................. 65
Auto Store .................................................. .................................................. .............................. 66
Seek Mode .................................................. .................................................. ................................. 66
Distance .................................................. .................................................. ................................. 66
Local .................................................. .................................................. ....................................... 66
Manual .................................................. .................................................. ................................... 67
Digital Only .................................................. .................................................. ............................. 67
3.3.6. Sirius or XM Radio Source .................................................. .................................................. 67
Main Menu .................................................. .................................................. ................................ 67
Preset Banks 1-3 .................................................. .................................................. ...................... 68
Category Search (Sirius Only)............................................. .................................................. ........ 68
Now Playing .................................................. .................................................. ............................... 68
Static Now Playing Screen .................................................. .................................................. ........... 69
Presets Menu .................................................. .................................................. ............................. 69
v
3.3.7. Aux Source .................................................. .................................................. ...................... 70
Main Menu .................................................. .................................................. ................................ 70
Now Playing .................................................. .................................................. ............................... 71
3.4. Search Menu type .................................................. .................................................. ................... 71
3.4.1. Standard Search Menu .................................................. .................................................. .... 72
3.4.2. Fast Search Menu .................................................. .................................................. ............ 72
3.4.3. Advanced Search Menu .................................................. .................................................. ... 73
3.4.4. Percentage Search .................................................. .................................................. ........... 74
3.5. Source Menu .................................................. .................................................. ........................... 75
3.6. Setup Menu .................................................. .................................................. ........................... 75
3.6.1. Setup Display .................................................. .................................................. ................... 77
Now Playing .................................................. .................................................. ............................... 78
Art./Alb./Song .................................................. .................................................. ......................... 78
Art./Song/Alb. .................................................. .................................................. ......................... 78
Alb./Art./Song .................................................. .................................................. ......................... 78
Song/Art./Alb. .................................................. .................................................. ......................... 78
Song/Alb./Art. .................................................. .................................................. ......................... 78
Alb./Song/Art. .................................................. .................................................. ......................... 78
Language .................................................. .................................................. .................................... 79
Time Outs .................................................. .................................................. .................................. 80
Headers........................................... .................................................. ............................................. 80
Reset Hdr Defs. .................................................. .................................................. ........................... 81
Long Fields .................................................. .................................................. ............................. 88
Short Fields .................................................. .................................................. ............................ 88
Nav Type .................................................. .................................................. .................................... 89
Auto .................................................. .................................................. ....................................... 89
TV Module............................................ .................................................. .................................... 89
Mk1 or Mk2............................................... .................................................. ............................... 89
Mk3 < 3-1/40................................................ .................................................. ............................ 89
Mk3 >= 3-1/40 .................................................. .................................................. ......................... 90
Mk4 < 4-1/40................................................ .................................................. ............................ 90
Mk4 >= 4-1/40 .................................................. .................................................. ......................... 90
High OBC .................................................. .................................................. .................................... 90
High OBC Text .................................................. .................................................. ......................... 91
Enable High OBC............................................... .................................................. ......................... 91
Scroll Speed .................................................. .................................................. ............................ 91
Repeats .................................................. .................................................. .................................. 91
Start Delay .................................................. .................................................. ............................. 91
End Delay .................................................. .................................................. ............................... 91
Final Delay .................................................. .................................................. .............................. 92
Text Size .................................................. .................................................. ..................................... 92
3.6.2. Setup Keys .................................................. .................................................. ....................... 93
Reset Key Defs. .................................................. .................................................. ........................... 98
M/F Wheel .................................................. .................................................. ............................. 99
M/F Wheel LKP .................................................. .................................................. ...................... 100
Head Unit .................................................. .................................................. ............................. 101
Head Unit LKP .................................................. .................................................. ....................... 102
Numbers .................................................. .................................................. .............................. 103
Numbers LKP .................................................. .................................................. ......................... 103
3.6.3. Setup Search............................................ .................................................. ........................ 104
vi
Standard .................................................. .................................................. .................................. 104
Fast Search .................................................. .................................................. ............................... 104
Advanced Search .................................................. .................................................. ....................... 104
Auto Song Search .................................................. .................................................. ...................... 104
Percentage .................................................. .................................................. ............................... 104
Scroll Direction .................................................. .................................................. .......................... 105
3.6.4. Usage Options .................................................. .................................................. ............... 105
Source Options .................................................. .................................................. .......................... 106
iPod AutoName .................................................. .................................................. ..................... 106
Set Src Name .................................................. .................................................. ......................... 106
Port Override .................................................. .................................................. ........................ 107
Enable Actions .................................................. .................................................. ....................... 107
Change Actions........................................... .................................................. ............................ 107
Key Memory............................................ .................................................. ................................... 108
Source .................................................. .................................................. .................................. 108
Blink Count .................................................. .................................................. ........................... 108
Auto Pause .................................................. .................................................. ........................... 108
Sticky FF/RW .................................................. .................................................. ............................ 109
Auto Pause .................................................. .................................................. ............................... 109
Audio Processor .................................................. .................................................. ........................ 109
3.6.5. Diagnostics .................................................. .................................................. .................... 109
Reset Counts .................................................. .................................................. ............................ 109
Reboot .................................................. .................................................. ..................................... 110
Power Ctrl Off .................................................. .................................................. ........................... 110
Power Ctrl On................................................ .................................................. ............................. 110
Status .................................................. .................................................. ....................................... 110
Boot Count .................................................. .................................................. ........................... 110
Fatal Boot Count .................................................. .................................................. ................... 110
Recovery Boot Count .................................................. .................................................. ............. 110
Sleep Fail Count .................................................. .................................................. ..................... 110
Run Time .................................................. .................................................. .............................. 111
Error Log .................................................. .................................................. .................................. 111
Logging .................................................. .................................................. .................................... 112
ibusd .................................................. .................................................. .................................... 112
ibusm .................................................. .................................................. ................................... 112
netd .................................................. .................................................. ..................................... 112
netm .................................................. .................................................. .................................... 112
appm .................................................. .................................................. .................................... 112
pings .................................................. .................................................. .................................... 113
critm .................................................. .................................................. .................................... 113
3.6.6. About .................................................. .................................................. ........................... 113
Hardware .................................................. .................................................. ................................. 113
Serial Number .................................................. .................................................. ....................... 114
Manufacture Date .................................................. .................................................. ................. 114
Hardware Type .................................................. .................................................. ...................... 114
Hardware Version .................................................. .................................................. ................. 114
CPU Type .................................................. .................................................. .............................. 114
Net CPU Type .................................................. .................................................. ........................ 114
Software .................................................. .................................................. .................................. 114
Firmware version .................................................. .................................................. .................. 115
vii
Build Number .................................................. .................................................. ........................ 115
Bootloader Version .................................................. .................................................. ............... 115
Net Firmware version .................................................. .................................................. ............ 115
Net Bootloader Version .................................................. .................................................. ......... 115
Menus .................................................. .................................................. ...................................... 115
Menu Family .................................................. .................................................. ......................... 116
Menu Version .................................................. .................................................. ........................ 116
Key Actions Version .................................................. .................................................. ............... 116
Header Definition Version .................................................. .................................................. ..... 116
Switch .................................................. .................................................. ...................................... 117
Switch Type .................................................. .................................................. ........................... 117
Number of Net Ports .................................................. .................................................. ............. 117
Number of Aux Ports .................................................. .................................................. ............. 117
Serial Number .................................................. .................................................. ....................... 117
Software version .................................................. .................................................. ................... 117
3.7. Extras .................................................. .................................................. ................................... 117
3.7.1. Vehicle Info .................................................. .................................................. ................... 118
Vehicle Status .................................................. .................................................. ........................... 119
Outside Temperature .................................................. .................................................. ............ 120
Coolant Temperature .................................................. .................................................. ............ 120
Vehicle Speed .................................................. .................................................. ........................ 120
Engine RPM .................................................. .................................................. ........................... 120
Fuel remaining .................................................. .................................................. ...................... 120
Maximum Vehicle Speed .................................................. .................................................. ....... 120
Maximum Engine RPM .................................................. .................................................. .......... 121
Maximum Coolant temperature .................................................. .............................................. 121
Acceleration in G. .................................................. .................................................. .................. 121
Deceleration in G................................................. .................................................. .................... 121
Light Sensor .................................................. .................................................. ............................. 121
Dimmer State .................................................. .................................................. ........................ 121
Ambient Light Sensor .................................................. .................................................. ............ 122
Auto Light............................................. .................................................. .................................. 122
Environment .................................................. .................................................. ......................... 122
PDC Info .................................................. .................................................. ................................... 122
Nav Info .................................................. .................................................. ................................... 123
Gyro Voltage .................................................. .................................................. ......................... 124
Logic Supply Voltage........................................... .................................................. ..................... 124
Battery Supply Voltage .................................................. .................................................. .......... 124
Sensor Supply Voltage .................................................. .................................................. ........... 124
Nav Temperature .................................................. .................................................. .................. 124
GPS Status .................................................. .................................................. ............................ 124
Journal .................................................. .................................................. ..................................... 124
Service Info .................................................. .................................................. .............................. 127
Vehicle Network Type .................................................. .................................................. ........... 127
Fuel Type .................................................. .................................................. .............................. 127
Fuel Used .................................................. .................................................. ............................. 127
Bi-Annual Check Due Date .................................................. .................................................. ..... 127
Previous Service type .................................................. .................................................. ............ 127
Oil Changes .................................................. .................................................. ........................... 127
Inspections .................................................. .................................................. ........................... 128
viii
Device Info .................................................. .................................................. ............................... 128
3.7.2. Control .................................................. .................................................. .......................... 129
Setup Clock .................................................. .................................................. .............................. 130
Time Zone .................................................. .................................................. ............................ 130
Daylight Saving Time .................................................. .................................................. ............. 130
Auto Set .................................................. .................................................. ............................... 131
Update Now .................................................. .................................................. .......................... 131
GPS Time .................................................. .................................................. .............................. 131
GPS Date .................................................. .................................................. .............................. 131
Status .................................................. .................................................. ................................... 131
Mirror Folding .................................................. .................................................. ........................... 131
Fold Mirrors .................................................. .................................................. .......................... 132
Unfold Mirrors .................................................. .................................................. ...................... 133
Fold Duration .................................................. .................................................. ........................ 134
Auto Locks............................................. .................................................. ..................................... 134
Auto Lock .................................................. .................................................. ............................. 135
Auto Unlock .................................................. .................................................. .......................... 135
Park Unlock .................................................. .................................................. ........................... 135
Light Control .................................................. .................................................. ............................ 135
Blink Count .................................................. .................................................. ........................... 135
AEs as DLR .................................................. .................................................. ............................ 136
On Unlock and On Unlock .................................................. .................................................. ...... 136
Nav Control .................................................. .................................................. .............................. 139
Map Zoom Menu.............................................. .................................................. ....................... 139
Nav Audio Off .................................................. .................................................. ........................ 142
Miscellaneous .................................................. .................................................. ........................... 143
Auto Close .................................................. .................................................. ............................ 143
BT Pairing .................................................. .................................................. ............................. 143
Auto Recirc. .................................................. .................................................. ........................... 143
3.7.3. Extras Settings .................................................. .................................................. ............... 144
Vehicle Type .................................................. .................................................. ............................. 144
E38/E39 .................................................. .................................................. ................................ 144
E39 Late .................................................. .................................................. ............................... 145
X5 To Sept 03 .................................................. .................................................. ........................ 145
X5 Sept 03 On .................................................. .................................................. ........................ 145
Range Rover .................................................. .................................................. .......................... 145
E46 Type 1 .................................................. .................................................. ............................ 145
E46 Type 2/Z4 .................................................. .................................................. ....................... 145
Display Units .................................................. .................................................. ............................ 145
Metric .................................................. .................................................. .................................. 145
Imperial .................................................. .................................................. ................................ 146
Metric (Imp.) .................................................. .................................................. ......................... 146
Imp. (Metric) .................................................. .................................................. ......................... 146
Vehicle Only .................................................. .................................................. .......................... 146
Vehicle (Alt) .................................................. .................................................. ........................... 146
Alt (Vehicle) .................................................. .................................................. ........................... 146
Speed Correction .................................................. .................................................. ...................... 146
Disclaimer .................................................. .................................................. ................................ 147
Reset Journal........................................... .................................................. ................................... 147
PDC Settings .................................................. .................................................. ............................. 147
ix
Auto Display .................................................. .................................................. .......................... 147
Rear Only .................................................. .................................................. ............................. 147
High OBC .................................................. .................................................. .............................. 148
PDC Units .................................................. .................................................. ............................. 149
Boot Open Message .................................................. .................................................. .................. 150
Appreciate 0