ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Regional Forums > USA - California
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-05-2013, 12:07 PM   #1
gferil
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4MC

FS: Local Pickup OEM Z4M Wheels and Tires

Local Pickup Only! Z4M is my only car so I can't deliver, these have to be picked up by buyer in South San Francisco.

On to the goods...

I have a set of OEM Z4M Wheels and Tires (tires are OEM Conti's) that were on the car for 46K miles. Three of the four tires were replaced at 26K (front left tire was not replaced, for whatever reason previous owner only did three at one time). OEM specs are:

Front 18" x 8" ET42 on 225/45 R18 tires
Rear 18" x 9" ET 30 on 255/40 R18 tires

I do not know what other vehicles that this wheel/tire combo fits on, so please do not ask, I only know for sure they fit on E85/86 Z4M. Any other vehicle fitment is at the responsibility of the buyer.

Previous owner must have parked by braille a lot because a few of the wheels are pretty heavily rashed. All wheels are straight and have no bends or cracks, they all hold air just fine, just aesthetic blemishes.

These would make a great set of spare AutoX wheels or winter wheels, perfect candidate for powder coating or painting since you'll likely want to repair the rash/scrapes anyway.

PRICE: $425 FIRM. Lowball offers will be ignored. I feel that price is fair based on condition of wheels and tires, and if these don't sell after a couple of months then I'll consider lowering the price.

On to the pictures and descriptions:

Left Front wheel is clean, no rash or major blemishes, just typical small scratches and grease from being used for 46K miles. Tire still has maybe one or two thousand miles of life left on it, but I noticed there is a tiny nail in the meat section of the tire, which can be seen in the photo below.

Left Rear wheel has one deep gouge in the side, paint is flaking off in layers big time (second picture), also a smaller gouge (third picture), and a very small nick (fourth picture). Tire still has a couple of thousand miles left on it as well, no nails or other plugs that I could see.

Right Front wheel is by far in the worst shape. It has a major gouge (first picture) a minor gouge (second picture) and another (third picture), as well as minor rash around most of the rim. To this day I wonder what the previous owner did to get all this damage... Anyways, the good news of this one is that the tire has tons of tread left.

Right Rear wheel only has one small nick on it. Bad news on this one though is that the tire has a plug (shown in the photo), but there is quite a bit of tread left.

Last edited by gferil; 03-05-2013 at 12:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 12:18 PM   #2
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Track or AutoX wheels don't need to look great. Perfect for that, or even winter/wet use when you don't want to use your nice set of expensive wheels.

Great seller, buy with confidence.

GLWS!
Appreciate 0