ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-21-2011, 05:49 PM   #1
antennahead
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MR silver grey

Garage List
air conditioner fan speed fluctuation

I've had my Z4MR about a month now. Today it was unusually hot and I ran the AC for the first time. I noticed after just starting the car up, that the fan speed would vary from the set position, as if the engine RPMs were affecting the compressor or something..........at steady highway speeds no fluctuation. I did a quick search but didn't turn up any revelations. Is this the norm for these cars? Thanks.

John
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2011, 05:56 PM   #2
robrwalker
M addicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 YMB F82, 2018 AW F86

not heard of this, but it is not uncommon for my a/c unit to blow through the wrong vents when it first turns on and then i have to switch from auto to manual control to get the vents to work properly.

its like the system gets hung up on whatever last setting and when it is really hot it does not always listen to the input you give it.

usual a few twists of the dials and it is back in line.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2011, 06:01 PM   #3
antennahead
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MR silver grey

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by robrwalker View Post
not heard of this, but it is not uncommon for my a/c unit to blow through the wrong vents when it first turns on and then i have to switch from auto to manual control to get the vents to work properly.

its like the system gets hung up on whatever last setting and when it is really hot it does not always listen to the input you give it.

usual a few twists of the dials and it is back in line.
hmmmmmmm, I am going to have to pay closer attention to this next time I turn on the AC. I think I was on outside air (no recirculating or auto recirculate), and was also on manual operation. It was almost like the engine RPMs were getting priority and the AC was taking second place ............ air output slowing down as the RPMs went up.
Appreciate 0