ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-29-2011, 01:57 PM   #23
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Sakhir M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgolf31 View Post
Gotcha. That makes sense. I was so use to my E46 where I could just throw it into gear as fast as I want.

The first time I took it out on a drive I think I did the 2nd gear grind twice. After that I remembered about the heatbeat method I researched...and that seemed to work; but I had to make a decent pause from 1st-2nd.

When doing the slight pull to the left, I guess the sensation to describe would almost being like pulling the knob towards yourself while you go into 2nd? My only concern would be getting it caught on the Reverse Gate...even though it's designed to no allow it.
It's not a hard pull, slight like you put it. just enough that you're not going straight down like you would in your E46, for example.
      04-29-2011, 02:02 PM   #24
tekmoe
Captain
Rep
Drives: ///M

I always apply a little bit of pressure to the right side of the knob meaning I am pushing it to the left. Not hard but just enough. I think maybe the times I have heard it grind was because I was shifting too fast. But really I just don't know. Never happened when the stock fluid was in there. And I'm sure I am shifting the exact same way.

On a side note, I'm running Redline 75w140 in the diff and it's smooth as butter. I may dump the RP and put in some Redline in the tranny.
Appreciate 0