ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Cosmetics Modification (Exterior/Interior) Discussions
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

08-21-2017, 06:10 PM   #1
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Solar eclipse paint job!

Hi everyone,

I live in St. Louis, and with a clear sky today I was one of the lucky ones to see a total eclipse of the sun. In the 41 years I've been alive, it was one of the few events I've witness that actually lived up to the hype. When that sun was entirely covered by the moon and I could see the sun's corona, it was absolutely incredible. I could see stars, an owl hooted and flew over my head, the insects started buzzing, it was absolutely amazing.

Now the most surprising thing to me is just how weird the shadows were leading up to the total eclipse. It's very hard to describe, but shadows everywhere looked completely nuts. Luckily I had my car under a tree, and took some photos of how crazy the light looked on my car. I'm hoping the pictures came out pretty good, because the shadows on my car looked absolutely amazing!!

This was truly an unforgettable, lifetime event. I definitely plan to travel someplace in the world again to see this happen once more. That ring of fire in the sky had such beauty, nothing man can create will ever come close!

Last edited by NickyC; 08-21-2017 at 06:16 PM..
Appreciate 2
StickMon635.00
Z-Bass8.00
      08-22-2017, 09:28 AM   #2
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

Awesome!
Such an incredible day. We noted the same eclipse affect on the street surface in our neighborhood.
      08-22-2017, 10:59 AM   #3
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
Awesome!
Such an incredible day. We noted the same eclipse affect on the street surface in our neighborhood.
It really was, I'm for sure going to travel someplace to see that again someday. It's supposed to come through here again in 2024 which is amazing, but I need to make sure it's a total eclipse. The total eclipse is a completely different animal than a partial one, it was absolutely amazing.

Glad you noticed the shadows too, everybody in my little group kept commenting on how weird all the shadows looked!
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2017, 09:25 AM   #4
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si, 328 XDrive, X5 35i

Cool pics!!!

Here ya go:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/wi...2024-1.4257475

BMW Z4 3.0si Roadster. Montego Blue Metallic. Premium and Sport Package.
Appreciate 1
NickyC17352.00