ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

08-30-2012, 11:48 AM   #1
nekky
Wagon life
Canada
Rep
Drives: '16 328d M Sport Touring

FS: 2003.5 E46 M3 convertible - Phoenix Yellow on Kiwi Green int w/ few tasteful mods

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Hey guys,

Been a member here for a while. I still own a Z4MC but I just moved so I let my dad keep it back in Winnipeg. I brought my M3 out to Calgary with me, but don't really drive it because I work up north in the oil sands for 20+ days a month. Plus, don't REALLY need two ///M cars right now I wanna get into a less expensive car for daily/winter purposes. The MC isn't going anywhere, though...

I hope it's ok that I post my M3 for sale here. If it's not, thanks anyway and sorry for not reading the rules meticulously enough. Anyway, about the car:

03.5 M3 Convertible (03.5 means that it has LED tail lights, to my understanding)
- I am the 2nd owner. Original owner custom ordered the car from Birchwood BMW in Winnipeg, MB and rarely drove it.
- 79,xxx kms currently, but will increase as I do drive it when I'm in town.
- 3.2L Inline 6-cylinder S54 M engine: 333hp, 262 ft./lb. torque
- SMG II transmission: 6 speed manual with hydraulically operated gears and computer-controlled clutch.
- absolutely NO ISSUES WHATSOEVER with motor and transmission.. ALL recalls and warranty work performed, and throws absolutely no engine/transmission codes
- rare Phoenix Yellow exterior in 8/10 condition
- VERY rare Kiwi Green interior in 7/10 condition, but I'm picky.

very small list of modifications:
- brand new H&R Sport lowering springs
- exterior modifications include: matte black grilles and side gills, colour-matched front reflectors, smoked side markers w/ LED chrome bulbs
- 18x9.5 +35 / 18x10.5 +22 Volk TE-37 shod in brand new (<2500 kms) Nitto NT-05 245/40/18 & 275/35/18
- authentic Racing Dynamics exhaust
- brand new Rogue Engineering Rear Trailing Arm Bushings (RTABs)
- brand new Rogue Engineering heavy duty rebuildable Rear Shock Mounts (RSMs) w/ convertible-specific reinforcement plates
- brand new battery
- fresh oil change
- brand new Pioneer DEH-P8400 deck w/ sirius and iPod integration (comes with original deck too)
- fresh, current safety

Car is located in Calgary, AB, Canada. $22,500 CAD obo

I'm a very busy person (aren't we all) so I'm asking very respectfully to only demonstrate interest if you are in the position to seriously consider my car. I haven't had time to do the few little tiny things that it needs, and it's killing me. I'm only off for 4 days at a time, and 2 of those 4 are Saturday and Sunday, meaning during business hours, I can't usually get done what I need to. The "little things" are the antenna base needs replacing (on rear driver quarter) because I was trying to twist off the stock one, and it snapped (was heavily corroded). The car comes with a BNIB BMW shorty antenna. Also, the right side e-brake cable only grabs intermittently.

Otherwise, the car drives very well, has just had an alignment, sounds awesome and the paint shines beautifully. Hopefully someone will appreciate the rarity of this colour combination, even if the car does need a tiny bit of TLC.

Thanks,

Zac
204-999-3623

Email or PM is best until I'm back in Calgary tomorrow (Friday the 31st) night.
zacletkeman at yahoo dot ca

PICS:

First, my Z4MC with the wheels on stock suspension:

Now, the M3, all taped up for the drive to Calgary:

Dirty after a rain and no blacked out kidneys, fender gills, or colour matched reflectors installed yet:

In the shop at Honda where I worked until very recently, where it was washed and dried every day after work:

Next to my buddy Kenton's 822rwhp Stg 2.75 HPF Turbo monster...

Rear wheel fitment.. should have gone 285/35/18:

And just for fun and because I miss it now, my old 335i on 19" Work XSA 02C and Eibach coils:

Last edited by nekky; 08-30-2012 at 12:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 12:05 PM   #2
indohan
///MFEST DARK KNIGHT
Rep
Drives: JDM

What a combo... PY and Kiwi...
An E46 enthusiast will understand how rare that interior is.

You won't need luck to sell this!
      08-30-2012, 12:54 PM   #3
nekky
Wagon life
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by indohan View Post
What a combo... PY and Kiwi...
An E46 enthusiast will understand how rare that interior is.

You won't need luck to sell this!
Thanks, Indohan. It seems I need at least a little luck lol. It's been on Kijiji in Calgary here for 3 weeks almost I think, and I had 4 bites almost immediately. 2 wanted to come look at it right away, one of which later cancelled due to being busy. The other buyer, "bought" the car, but flaked at the last second; and I'm not exaggerating. He had the money order with my name on it (I saw it), and then didn't show up when and where we were supposed to meet. I left for work a few hours later (flew up north) and have not gotten a single text, call or email from him. He wasn't a punk kid either; just somebody with a slight disregard for someone trying to conduct a transaction in as professional a way as possible.

But yes, the combo is *extremely* rare. Anyone know where to get build data to confirm how many were made in this ext/int colour combination?

Another dude has already offered just over $1000 to swap interiors. He also has a PY convertible. As you can see, I said "No, thank you".
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 04:52 PM   #4
Swashplate
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: in Anger.

Garage List
Interesting combo. Good luck. If you havent listed it in the BMWCCA classifieds, you should!
!!! BOILER UP !!!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 07:34 PM   #5
kopairnik
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 z4 m coupe

good luck with the sale, I like your wheel setup on your coupe, mind sharing ?
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 11:14 PM   #6
nekky
Wagon life
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopairnik View Post
good luck with the sale, I like your wheel setup on your coupe, mind sharing ?

Not at all. They're the same wheels that are currently on the M3.

Volk TE-37 (1st generation, no RAYS stamps on the faces, but they are authentic, I assure you) in 18x9.5" +35 and 18x10.5 +22. They fit PERFECT on the M3, but a 5mm spacer in the front with some camber would be ideal for the Z4M. M3 they fit without issue.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2012, 11:51 PM   #7
AP2
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: P100D

Interested in parting out the wheels and tires?
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2012, 07:58 AM   #8
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Wow, I never heard of kiwi green lol
      09-05-2012, 08:38 AM   #9
jophish17
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4MC

^ that is why the OP should probably post pics of the interior. The Z3M's had a bunch of funky interiors, but its really rare in the E46
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2012, 08:41 AM   #10
nekky
Wagon life
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP2 View Post
Interested in parting out the wheels and tires?
Yes. Still waiting on the previous owner to fork over the 19" OEMs. I have brand new Conti ContiSportContact 3's to put on in stock sizes. Then I will sell the TEs at least. Probably will keep the tires; I like them and they have less than 5k miles on them. I could be enticed to sell both together, but it's not a $1800 set. More like $2300, and the wheels need a re-do. Terrible paint job and the paint has been curbed off on a couple of them. But for less than $3k, you would have a *near* new set of ideal offset TE-37s. If you're interested, and are not looking to offer me much less than the $2300 number, then PM me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSC_OFF View Post
Wow, I never heard of kiwi green lol
Yup. Very, very rare.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2012, 09:04 AM   #11
nekky
Wagon life
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jophish17 View Post
^ that is why the OP should probably post pics of the interior. The Z3M's had a bunch of funky interiors, but its really rare in the E46
Sorry. I feel like a dummy for not having done this already. I'm at work for the next 8 hours, but when I get back to my room, I'll post the pics that I have on my iPhone. They're not great, but they'll give you all some idea of what it looks like. It is a GREAT match to Phoenix Yellow.

The only colour combo (aside from an individual car.. drool) that I would want above this is a minty LSB on LSB leather... Met a guy with one, but didn't get to see the car.

I'll do this asap. Thanks for the heads up!

EDIT:

Found em in my email:

Appreciate 0