ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

07-03-2007, 07:43 PM   #1
Afif
Rep
Drives: BMW

'Ring Trip - (56k NO CHANCE - LOADS of pics)

-WARNING LONG POST- LOTS OF PICTURES -

Hey guys,

New to this forum and well what a way to start eh? . First off its not my car we took. I went down with Cris (Invisible_Kid69). I hope its cool to post general pics aswell as the Z stuff . He drove the Z4MC all the way there and back (1600 miles!) i got snap happy with my new camera and possibly dribbled a bit while sleeping on his lovely interior heh .

So since im from london and cris lives 400 miles north of me in scotland i flew up there and we left the following morning. Nice place to chill for the next few hours :

Encountered some crazy weather on the way.

First pitstop. No need for petrol (the Z4m did quite well on mpg throughout the whole trip. Think the final figure was 27mpg).

We saw some nice and some odd cars/things on the drive down ...

The car after 400 miles outside my place in london... not too shabby!

We washed it anyways and left the next day for the train across the channel into france... So were waiting at the first petrol station and look what turns up

So we head off and at the next service station we stopped at we spot a CL63 AMG. I love the rims on it!!!!!

Neways we decided because of the not so perfect weather to make a detour via the Michael Schumacher Kart Center .. and ran into this on the way

Go karting was tooooo fun . Infact so much fun we went again on the way home from the ring on sunday :rocks:.

Tried to get a picture in the low light of our mates S3 and the Z.

Anyways we spent way too long karting that day lol so no time for the ring! Hotel was only 10 minutes from the ring so was no rush to get up quickly in the morning! Infact we managed to miss breakfast at the hotel .

Funnily enough right outside our hotel (with the rear parked in a bush to avoid attracting attention we noticed a disguised M5 touring!.

So now really glad we ended up at this hotel we head towards the ring to grab food and petrol! We ran into the Ring Taxi along with some nice porsche metal.

The view form the ring restuarant next to the petrol station was amazing!

Ok so enough beating around the bush. We turn up to the ring and greeted with some nice Z'ness.

Hamann Z4M Coupe

There was also some crazy individual theme going on in this black coupe.

There were also other Z's dotted around in the weekend which im just going to post while im at it .

About to go onto the ring:

The other kind of Z

Now for the other stuff in the car park. Ive been to the ring a fair few times now and as always the popular cars at the ring seem to be E46 M3 CSL and Porsche GT3's....

Vinyl wrapped CSL who likes drifting around the ring .

mmmm porsche..

GT3RS

GT3

Turbo!

There was also alot of other exotica dotted around.

This is the ring Viper. Pay alot of money and they give you one hell of a passenger lap .

Although there was one car there that just stole all the attention!

Ladies and gentlemen, the audi R8

Right thats enough drooling over what was there. We went to check out the bike race going on and check out some of the vantage points.

You can rent racecars to drive around the ring. 500 Euros a day. You break it, you pay for it .

Then we met up with Steve Gills who was also there on the saturday. Real top bloke and nice enough to offer a passenger lap to Cris to break his 'ring cherry' in his White CSL (only one in the world... its not vinyl wrapped. Its actually been resprayed!)

Cris: 'Tell my girlfriend i love her'

After that he invited us for dinner at the local chinese where we met alot of his mates (all great people!). We had our own private room with a bowling alley .

There was some kind of festival going on in the main town. They were burning these logs everywhere and there was people around even at like midnight! Which is really odd for these small german towns.

Neways since we didnt have time the night before properly we celebrated my birthday that night and somehow got up early(ish) ready for the ring!

We met up in the carpark with Thorleif again who is not only a funny guy with loads of mad stories to tell the night before turns out he is one of the fastest guys out there in his Vinyl wrapped CSL (so much so that he made our mate almost throw up after a lap ). He has an awesome attitude and is there to have fun but truly understands how dangerous the ring is.

Yup thats his real number plate! He gave us all passenger laps but ever more amazingly offered to babysit us round the track. He slowed down to let Cris and me follow him in the Z. So he know what lines to take and roughly what speeds to carry through the corners. The Z really is amazing on the track and it wasnt being pushed nowhere nears it potential. The ring really is unforgiving so always best to go easy till you have the track knowledge. Especially since we still had an 800 mile journey home.

By now the Z4M was pretty dirty

So we had to do a little home made modification to let people know why it was so dirty...

We werent the only ones ...

So it was time to shoot back since we wanted to go karting on the way home aswell. Cris made good use of the Z's cup holder.

(He wasnt drink driving before anyone has a fit heh. The hotel service was so amazing we got it for her)

So the first bit of the autobahn we hit with no speed limit we take the Z just past 160 (took the pic a bit early ).. Its in 5th gear at 7k revs .

The rest of the journey back to london was pretty much a blur so the only other pic i took pretty much summed it up. Can anyone make out what cars in the right lane ?

Right so after a little rest at my house we popped to the EA sports offices to meet up with a friend of ours who hooked us up with some games. Cheers dude! They got a cool little car constructed for the upcoming burnout release .

Right so off we went back to scotland (i dont remember much of this journey .). We woke up in the morning and the car needed a good wash! So off to Johns who has all the right stuff (and an awesome looking M3). We took both of Cris' ///M's. I drove the M3 and he drove the Z4M .

diiiirty!

snowfoam!

Shiny ///m's

Johns car:

That pretty much sums most of it! I had a great time, met some great people and was a great way to spend my birthday week(end) and fingers crossed we should be going back in august for some advance ring learning :rocks:!.

ps. If theres any mistakes or wrong picture links let me know. Took ageeeeees putting this thread together and it gets easy to overlook stuff .
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2007, 08:17 PM   #2
BimmerZealot
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 xDrive30i

Was too lazy to read all the captions but LOOKS like an amazing trip! Some crazy cars in that collection.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2007, 08:30 PM   #3
rabman5
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: none

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Awesome post! I really enjoyed it. I wish I could take a drive to "the ring". Very nicely done. Thanks for sharing!
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2007, 08:49 PM   #4
ZElephant
Private First Class
South Africa
Rep
Drives: ///M

Aaaahhhh your bringing it all back dude :rocks: and this is the short story! so many more laughs and pics! especially a few of Afif drowling over my interior lol

thanks for co-piloting dude just wouldnt have been the same without you :rocks:

btw wheres the mopeds lmao
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2007, 08:59 PM   #5
ovrkll
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Blue Z4M

Looks like it was a fantastic trip. Thaks for sharing!
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2007, 09:55 PM   #6
AlanL
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 328ix Sports Wagon

Nice photo spread. I need to go get a towel to clean the drool off of my keyboard now
      07-03-2007, 09:57 PM   #7
takedown8
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 BMW Z4 3.0i

Holy sh*t! Amazing pics! I love you red and black two tone leather. Awesome.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2007, 10:56 PM   #8
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

I need more interior shots i-k's interior...and the phoenix yellow interior.

DAMMIT I HATE BEING JEALOUS OF OTHER PEOPLE'S CARS!!! But yours rocks man. Glad you enjoyed the trip. If I ever make it back to germany I'll have to spend at least 1 weekend a month at the 'ring

07 ///M Coupe (Premium Package) Black Saphire Ext. Imola Red Int.

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2007, 12:14 AM   #9
Rick Hunter
Skull Squadron Leader
Rep
Drives: '07 M Coupé & '16 435xi GCoupé

Awesome journal of events!

And welcome to the boards!
      07-04-2007, 12:54 AM   #10
MakoBimmer1
Booyakasha!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 Mini Cooper S Coupe'

Garage List
Nice pics and nice write up!!! Thanks for sharing with us!
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2007, 01:19 AM   #11
Johnny Lin
Lieutenant General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3

Awesome pics! The cars are sick! Nice!
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2007, 03:13 AM   #12
mister_roger
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2003 Maldives Blue 2.5i

Those are indeed some beautiful pics. Thanks for taking the time to share them with us all

Just out of curiosity, what kind of camera did you use. I am really admiring the sharpness and color of the shots. Very very nice!

Appreciate 0
      07-04-2007, 09:49 AM   #13
Afif
Rep

Cheers guys Glad you liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisible_kid69

btw wheres the mopeds lmao
oh yea... after the lambo's this turned up .

Which reminds me, the ring is also a place with alot of bikers! Can be crazy sometimes avoiding them on the track. Spotted the new ducatti .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammmittt

I need more interior shots i-k's interior...and the phoenix yellow interior.
Sorry dude, didnt get any more pics of the phoenix interior. Also when theres so much nice machinery around you forget about taking pics of your own! We were supposed to do a photoshoot after we cleaned the cars back in scotland but we got hungry and ate instead lol .

I got this for you though. Better picture of the hamann Z4MC's interior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_roger

Just out of curiosity, what kind of camera did you use. I am really admiring the sharpness and color of the shots. Very very nice!
Cheers man . Im using the Nikon D80 with the 18-200 VR lens. This was the first time i had a chance to use the camera and it worked amazing considering none of the pictures were taken with a tripod!. Bought it like a week or so prior to this trip. My first SLR so still alot to learn as far as taking great pictures goes but im learning fast !
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2007, 09:54 AM   #14
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

It's probably best you don't have more anyway...like I said...I hate being jealous. And I'm not jealous of the Hamann at all

07 ///M Coupe (Premium Package) Black Saphire Ext. Imola Red Int.

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2007, 11:09 AM   #15
ZElephant
Private First Class
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammmittt View Post
It's probably best you don't have more anyway...like I said...I hate being jealous. And I'm not jealous of the Hamann at all
lol i will get some proper shots soon as i clean it up dude
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2007, 07:34 PM   #16
BabyLankanBMW.UK
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Merc A Class AMG (ex.BMW e36)

mate, that was amazing... its inspired me to grab a few friends and do my own trip one day! thanks for sharing... keep em coming.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2007, 04:47 AM   #17
sixspeed
Z4M CSL
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Alpine White Z4M Coupe

Great write-up and awesome pics! Done the 'Ring twice now, and going back next weekend with a few mates, and a big group of BMWs from Evotechnik.net.

Looks like you saw some great cars there though - hope there' a few nice bits around when we go! Wouldn't mind seeing one of those R8's being given some stick!
      07-05-2007, 06:25 AM   #18
remmib
General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 520d M-Sport

Wow, that a trip

Awesome pics

F10 520d M-Sport Alpine White | HRE P43SC 20x9+20x11 | Michelin PSS 255/35+295/30 | KW V3 Coilover | M5 Front Sway Bar + M550d Rear Sway Bar | 3DDesign Front Lip | BMW M Performance CF Spoiler | BMW M Performance Diffuser | BMW M Performance Black Grills | BMW M Performance Pedals |
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2007, 11:14 AM   #19
Bluesharp
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 Roadster, Montego Blue

Ausgezeichnet!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2007, 01:56 PM   #20
ZElephant
Private First Class
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixspeed View Post
Looks like you saw some great cars there though - hope there' a few nice bits around when we go! Wouldn't mind seeing one of those R8's being given some stick!
yeah when i was going round in Thorleifs csl we were chasing the R8 and almost took him until he undertook a cayman on the left he got some bollocking when we came off the ring >.<

hope u have fun at the ring dude theres a few good blokes from evotechnik
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2007, 07:03 AM   #21
Afif
Rep

Thanks for the comments guys

Just to add another pic. I liked this number plate heh.

Appreciate 0
      07-06-2007, 07:36 PM   #22
enfield
Civilian
Canada
Rep
Drives: Jaguar F-Type V8 S

WOW! Bloody great pics and documentation!!
Appreciate 0