ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

06-10-2012, 02:53 PM   #1
Pacobeagle
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Any thoughts on this vehicle?

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Found this while looking for a Z4 M-coupe:
http://www.fermannissanofnewportrich...-FL/1762220013

Thoughts, comments, remarks?

Appreciate 0
      06-10-2012, 03:01 PM   #2
JasonH
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe, 2003 M3 Vert

Seems like a high price considering it had a couple accidents.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2012, 03:19 PM   #3
KLH
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 3.0si

Minor or not, damage on a history report is never good. You know the dealer took advantage of that fact when trade-in or purchase value was considered. If the damage was light and repaired right and you like the car, then go for it. Just factor it into you offer.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2012, 04:44 PM   #4
Pacobeagle
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

thanks for the responses....I'm not looking for a vehicle with damage. Mainly, (although it may be a needle in a haystack) I'm looking for either a white or blue exterior with black/blue interior combo(not sure if available) and silver or carbon interior. I would also take a black interior.

The first time I ever saw one was the orange T.C. Kline carbon vehicle at the 2006 SCCA SOLO 2 Nationals. That thing is a beauty. I've been wanting one ever since.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2012, 05:35 PM   #5
ARM3D
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP /// E46 M3 ZCP

I was looking at this one as well. I received a carfax from the dealer and the car has had 2 accidents - one hitting the rear of another car, and one hitting a tree/shrubbery. Airbags did not deploy in both cases. How overpriced (general ballpark) do you guys reckon this one actually is with those 2 accidents? I'm actually new here and looking for an M as well.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2012, 06:07 PM   #6
Mtxzptlk
Driving Dog
Rep
Drives: 635/1815, X3M Comp

Def not in the $30k range..

What was the damage from "hitting a tree/schrubbery"?
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2012, 06:39 PM   #7
ARM3D
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP /// E46 M3 ZCP

Not sure. It happened with the first owner and has had 2 since.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2012, 12:53 AM   #8
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtEVO View Post
I was looking at this one as well. I received a carfax from the dealer and the car has had 2 accidents - one hitting the rear of another car, and one hitting a tree/shrubbery. Airbags did not deploy in both cases. How overpriced (general ballpark) do you guys reckon this one actually is with those 2 accidents? I'm actually new here and looking for an M as well.
Shrubbery eh? Hmm... Wonder if these guys owned it.

Seriously, minor damage front or rear to the bumper is one thing, and probably not to worry about (I'd still do a PPI, but that's true on any car). But two accidents? Trees and shrubberies usually mean over a curb or a significant off-road excursion. But if the mileage and options are right, and you like it, get a good PPI done and see how much damage we're talking about. If it's minor, then do like KLH suggests and factor it into an offer. Definitely well under 30K, possibly 5K-8K or even more less.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2012, 05:24 AM   #9
Z4-VILLA
Banned
Afghanistan
Rep
Drives: Z4M Hardtop Roadster

too high. no nav no carbon leather.....nah
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2012, 04:12 PM   #10
goomanchu
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 Sepang M Coupe

I was looking at this car a little as well, and thought price was high for a damaged vehicle. Maybe it is nothing - but did you notice that all of the "M" badges have been removed? I assume these are drilled (but I don't know). I just worry about holes being filled and the respray of paint to cover the spots not being done well. I don't think I have seen another M with the badges removed.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2012, 04:15 PM   #11
attacoupe
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4MC

As a point of reference, when I was selling my car last year I was offered $22.5 by my local BMW dealer for a stock, similar mileage, extended leather, carbon trim, 2006 that had had a "moderate rear end collision" reported via carfax.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2012, 04:30 PM   #12
prodigal_m
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Estoril Blue/Black F31

Quote:
Originally Posted by goomanchu View Post
I was looking at this car a little as well, and thought price was high for a damaged vehicle. Maybe it is nothing - but did you notice that all of the "M" badges have been removed? I assume these are drilled (but I don't know). I just worry about holes being filled and the respray of paint to cover the spots not being done well. I don't think I have seen another M with the badges removed.
The badges are held on by double sided tape...there are many coupes on this forum with the badges removed.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2012, 04:33 PM   #13
prodigal_m
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Estoril Blue/Black F31

Quote:
Seriously, minor damage front or rear to the bumper is one thing, and probably not to worry about (I'd still do a PPI, but that's true on any car). But two accidents? Trees and shrubberies usually mean over a curb or a significant off-road excursion. But if the mileage and options are right, and you like it, get a good PPI done and see how much damage we're talking about. If it's minor, then do like KLH suggests and factor it into an offer. Definitely well under 30K, possibly 5K-8K or even more less.
An accident on Carfax changes the value by about 10% (in my experience.)
Appreciate 0