ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

07-14-2014, 03:35 PM   #1
nutzkicker617
Private
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

SES Light P0010 (& P0135) Advice needed

About a week ago, on the way to work, I noticed that once I gave the car some throttle, the car would accelerate but immediately lose power and hestiate to increase revs. This is before the SES light came on. On the way back to work, the SES light comes on, and I get home to pull the codes with my generic OBD II reader.

I get two codes: P0010 ad P0135. P0135 indicated a bad Sensor 1 Bank 1 O2 Sensor. and P0010 indicates a bad Intake Camshaft Position Sensor. Being that the oxygen sensor is easy to replace, I ordered a direct replacement and put it in the next day. I cleared the codes and it ran fine for about 50 miles. This morning, I got the same hesitation again. I have the OBD reader in the car so plugged it in, with no SES light illuminated. It indicated just the P0010 as a pending code.

I take it into a reputable shop and they hook up their diagnostic machine and put the car through the tests. The only thing wrong was the intake cam window being out of spec. They offered to clean the VANOS solenoid and see if the codes, returned, but after looking up S54 P0010 faults, all roads lead to a bad Vanos Solenoid. BMW does not sell just the solenoid, and would force you to buy the whole assembly priced at almost $2,000. Besian Systems will switch a refurbed/modified Solenoid for just $150. I called Besian Systems and told him that right now, I only have a P0010 code, and he was extremely confident that it is an eletrical problem stemming from the Solenoid.

http://beisansystems.com/procedures/..._procedure.htm

My question to the boards is if anyone else has had this issue and has anyone had much experience with Besian Systems?

Thanks in advance.