ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-07-2012, 03:49 PM   #23
esqu1re
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4MLover2012 View Post
The 35K cars are indeed selling. Cars with 35K plus miles in the 33K-35K dollar range are moving with no real issues. If the cars have a balance of factory warranty or CPO then it's pretty much name your price. Prices have gone up on these cars from just a few years ago. I hate this for me as a recent buyer, but you have to love it if you have one for sale and need the cash.

I think used car prices have gone up in general. Cash for clunkers got rid of a lot of them, and people are holding on to used cars for longer due to the economy---all this brings down the supply of used cars, thus driving the pricing up. Makes sense, but weird right? Things get more expensive right when you don't need them to. =/

///M Coupe: RPI Scoop, OE Strut, CDV, Volk RE30, SS Brake Lines, Stromung Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2012, 05:33 PM   #24
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

Unless I'm missing something I have been seeing z4m's selling for upper 20's maybe low 30's if in excellent condition and low miles? Look on carmax, ebay, etc...ur not really gonna see any listed over 30k aside from a few.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2012, 08:21 PM   #25
builthatch
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 Subaru STI five door

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
ur not really gonna see any listed over 30k aside from a few.
i've been looking on a steady basis since mid summer 2011. most worth looking at are over 30k. shit, i just looked at one today that looked like it had been parked in downtown hanoi every day of its five years on this earth, but only had ~5k miles...dude wants 38k!
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2012, 08:48 PM   #26
mshanno1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

I believe that most dealers have a high asking price but few actually get it. 2 nearby dealers had low mileage coupes, one listed for 38k the other for 35k. One sold for 33 and the other sold for 28k after the dealer had it on the lot for several months. The one I bought was originally listed for 37k, after 6 months on the lot, I bought it for 32k
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2012, 08:12 AM   #27
Z4MLover2012
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Space Gray Z4M Coupe

Garage List
A 35K mile, 08 Z4M Coupe sold for 33K at a dealership in LA just last month and it was missing its 1200 mile service. A 35K mileage 07 sold here in Atlanta at United BMW last month with paint work on the nose and aftermarket accessories for $32+ with no balance of factory warranty.

The Z4M Coupe that was for sale at the BMW dealer in Mobile that sold for 28K had been in a severe wreck and basically had a rebuilt title. 28K was too much for that car due to its history, mileage, etc.

The cars that are in good shape with a warranty, have had their 1200K services, and are well cared for will and do go for top dollar. It's not just that used cars are going for a premium now. That is part of it but these cars are commanding close to their listed asking prices. I have looked at just about every one that has become available in the last year, and as i said before, if it's in nice shape, you can write your own ticket.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2012, 08:52 AM   #28
wonton180
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4MC

I agree with gatorfast and mshanno1. there's some cars on the market with higher asking prices, but the sellers don't get their numbers. the cars sit. I've been actively shopping and missed a few deals...

2007 Z4MC red/sepang, 25K miles, phila, sold for $28K. that was 2 months after their first asking price was $33K. It was clean.

2007 Z4MC blue/black, 25K miles, GA, sold for 30K. in pics, it looked good.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2012, 07:44 PM   #29
Z4MLover2012
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Space Gray Z4M Coupe

Garage List
I still contend that lower mileage 08s with the right documentation are going for low to mid 30s. I will agree that higher mileage 06/07 models are selling in the mid to high 20's but everyone of those needs something cosmetically/mechanically to make them right.

In the end, I guess you pay your money and you take your chances. I'm just glad I have one and I am looking forward to driving the wheels off of it.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2012, 12:42 PM   #30
ruckusdog
Rep
Drives: 07 TL type s

Brown Coupe in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by builthatch View Post
i've been looking on a steady basis since mid summer 2011. most worth looking at are over 30k. shit, i just looked at one today that looked like it had been parked in downtown hanoi every day of its five years on this earth, but only had ~5k miles...dude wants 38k!
Was that the Brown one in PA?
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 12:06 AM   #31
builthatch
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 Subaru STI five door

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruckusdog View Post
Was that the Brown one in PA?
indeed. Bristol, PA, to be exact.

heartbreaking condition imo and an INCREDIBLE waste of my time, fuel, tolls and $200 for an unnecessary on-site PPI because the car was too trashed on the exterior for me to give a damn about the mechanical condition. the guy told me before i made the arrangements that it had a scrape on the lip and a small curb rash. i guess the joke was on me, surprise!!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 03:12 PM   #32
ruckusdog
Rep
Drives: 07 TL type s

Quote:
Originally Posted by builthatch View Post
indeed. Bristol, PA, to be exact.

heartbreaking condition imo and an INCREDIBLE waste of my time, fuel, tolls and $200 for an unnecessary on-site PPI because the car was too trashed on the exterior for me to give a damn about the mechanical condition. the guy told me before i made the arrangements that it had a scrape on the lip and a small curb rash. i guess the joke was on me, surprise!!!!
He sent me some very weird angled pictures. Glad I didn't fly up from Florida. Thanks
Appreciate 0