ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

07-13-2010, 01:20 PM   #23
Ubermensch
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: white 07 Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustycat View Post
I had the RPIs, which were fantastic on short runs, but drove me to distraction on longer runs. Next, I moved on to the Remus. At first I thought they were a bit too quiet, but after 7 months and a couple of thousand miles, I've decided they are PERFECT. No drone, and never intrusive in the coupe's cabin. I find I usually drive with the windows down when out on the twisties so I can better hear the Remus's beautiful tone.
How's the tone? Is it like stock but louder (ie not deeper)? Is the metallic-ness still there in the note?
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 02:40 PM   #24
esqu1re
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M Coupe

I've had the RE Diablo exhaust for about 400 miles. Either I'm getting used to the noise, or it has softened up a bit. There's a loud drone at 2000, but then it quiets down. It sounds sweet at 4000. YMMV

///M Coupe: RPI Scoop, OE Strut, CDV, Volk RE30, SS Brake Lines, Stromung Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 02:48 PM   #25
Rustycat
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: z4mc

Hmmm, well, yes the signature sound is still there, but not to the forefront-- nor is a basso profundo. Just a bit more strongly masculine, and not a girly whine, ggggg.
Sort of like a nice guy you'd enjoy having a meal with, as opposed to a nagging trophy piece of tail, or a whinney nasally contrarian politically correct bozo.
But just my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 02:55 PM   #26
esqu1re
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M Coupe

Quote:
Hmmm, well, yes the signature sound is still there, but not to the forefront-- nor is a basso profundo. Just a bit more strongly masculine, and not a girly whine, ggggg.
Sort of like a nice guy you'd enjoy having a meal with, as opposed to a nagging trophy piece of tail, or a whinney nasally contrarian politically correct bozo.
But just my opinion.
Hah. Wow. I wouldn't compare the stock M's sound to those things, but yes, a stock m does sound a bit weaksauce---a lot of whinning.

///M Coupe: RPI Scoop, OE Strut, CDV, Volk RE30, SS Brake Lines, Stromung Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 02:58 PM   #27
Ubermensch
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: white 07 Z4MC

Quote:
But just my opinion.
Yeah I'm probably one of the few that loves the stock tone exactly how it is, just want it amplified.

Mind you out of what you described above I'd definitely go with the piece of tail
Appreciate 0