ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-13-2010, 05:17 PM   #23
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousitch View Post
Have you got the Service engine deal figured out? You were right, O-chas sim was an easy install.
I'm sending him something out today to test. The code on his car doesn't really affect anything other then there being a light. It was something I cam across but had attributed to other mods on my car. It really shouldn't be coming up but there are two things I think should fix it.

Nate has also gotten an SES light, but I believe it's unrelated to the sim as they reappeared with it essentially disabled but am going to keep working with him on it anyway, It's probably a bad o2 sensor which is not uncommon post header install as they are easily damaged.
      05-14-2010, 10:15 AM   #24
mousitch
Dark Sider
Rep
Drives: 2008 Space Gray Z4MC

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [7.50]
So there is a possibility that I may have a problem light as well? Im going to shake her down this weekend on a small roadtrip(150 miles). Even if I go into limp mode I shopuld still be able to bring her back? Correct? You wouldnt have a pic of how you have your 02 sensors loomed would you? I think mine are good but man they a couple are within an inch of #6 cylinder. Guess the heat shouldnt bother them that much as long as they arent touching.
2008 Space Grey M Coupe-Euro headers-RPI Scoop-Gruppe M CAI-Eisenmann Race Cans-RE X-pipe-ECU Remap with O2 and EGT delete-H&R Sport springs-Zeck CDV delete-Stock Gloss black powder coated wheels-LED Tekarbon Angel Eyes Project-Michelin Super Sports-Hardwired Uniden R7-H&R front and rear spacers-Alarm module added-stereo amp recoded to vert spec settings
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2010, 11:04 AM   #25
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousitch View Post
So there is a possibility that I may have a problem light as well? Im going to shake her down this weekend on a small roadtrip(150 miles). Even if I go into limp mode I shopuld still be able to bring her back? Correct? You wouldnt have a pic of how you have your 02 sensors loomed would you? I think mine are good but man they a couple are within an inch of #6 cylinder. Guess the heat shouldnt bother them that much as long as they arent touching.
Close is not a problem, touching is. They have special heatwrap, I forget what it's called but I have a bunch, you can torch it and it still holds up. The wire is also teflon insulated so it's good to very high temps on its own.

You wont get a limp mode, worst case you get an SES, if you do go to your local autoparts store, borrow the code reader and read the codes/send me them and I'll let you know what its about.
      05-14-2010, 11:10 AM   #26
mousitch
Dark Sider
Rep

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [7.50]
Cool. Sounds good
2008 Space Grey M Coupe-Euro headers-RPI Scoop-Gruppe M CAI-Eisenmann Race Cans-RE X-pipe-ECU Remap with O2 and EGT delete-H&R Sport springs-Zeck CDV delete-Stock Gloss black powder coated wheels-LED Tekarbon Angel Eyes Project-Michelin Super Sports-Hardwired Uniden R7-H&R front and rear spacers-Alarm module added-stereo amp recoded to vert spec settings
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2010, 01:56 PM   #27
mousitch
Dark Sider
Rep

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [7.50]
Sound clip link- Before-after headers.

http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=387220
Appreciate 0