ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

10-19-2008, 05:32 AM   #23
mpower03
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubbedown View Post
damn, everytime i see an alphine white m-coupe i regret getting a si. yea, mileage is great... but gotta love the dual exhausts =T
what is your mpg
      04-16-2009, 02:34 PM   #24
wyu177
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 m240i

Interested buyers beware:

Was interested in getting this exhaust setup for my Z4m, so I called and left Scott @ stromung a message on 3/26. He was very quick to respond, answered all my questions and told me this setup was still available for purchase, but wouldn't ship out until the 31st at which point he would call me with tracking information.

Fast forward to today 4/16: My credit card has been charged as of 3/26 for the full amount but I have not heard back from anyone regarding tracking information or the status of the exhaust, I have called them multiple times leaving a voice messages to call me back. The final straw was when I called today, and tried to leave a message, the message said the mailbox was full and hung up on me.

I'm looking into filing a dispute with my credit card company to get these charges reversed. Just wanted to let you guys know my experience so far, hopefully nobody else had to go through what i have just gone through with this company.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2009, 01:03 AM   #25
rcodea
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C

what came of this?

~Ryan
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2009, 01:24 AM   #26
Darius.G
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si Roadster

do they make a system for the 3.0si?
      06-18-2009, 02:51 PM   #27
wyu177
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcodea View Post
what came of this?

~Ryan

My post from the other thread:

"Never heard back from stromung... Credit card company credit me back after I dispute the charges. What a headache. Recently purchased a Rogue Engineering El Diablo off another member and am very happy with it!"
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2009, 07:53 PM   #28
155MPH
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E89 Z4 sDrive28i M Performance

Garage List
wow, I am very surprised by this. I got a great pair of mufflers from them that look great and sound great. In fact, the more miles on them the better they sound, they have mellowed into a nice deep sports exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2010, 10:39 AM   #29
mayka1979
Registered
Rep
Drives: subaru

Hello I own a Subaru and i registered myself for wyu177.

I'm buying a new exhaust because of my brullen one are starting to rust...
In fact the flanges has starting to rust , not the piping....

Anyways, WYU177 i have talked about the post to Scott, because i didn't want to have any problem with the order, this is what he gave me for reply :

"Mike,

Regarding the z4 guy if this was about a year ago this would be a guy who had a special order with us and we were in the process of moving at the time and the special order file was lost in the move.We had no way to contact him at all.If you can you get me his e-mail I would love to at least explain what happened and apologize.We still have his special ordered part here.
scott"

wyu177
, i would suggest you to contact him.
Email is : scott4stromung@gmail.com

Appreciate 0
      05-05-2010, 11:51 AM   #30
mayka1979
Registered
Rep

I ordered the Exhaust from Scott.
I will tell you if everything goes through.
Scott seems really nice. I hope everything will go nicely.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2010, 09:05 PM   #31
onebluemcm
Captain
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4MC

So, these systems are still available? ...From Stromung direct?

I was searching around on the web yesterday, couldn't decide if I was looking at old websites or if this stuff is still available. It sounds like what I am after because I don't care if it's too much louder, I'd just like a different tonal character to it and I DO NOT want any droning.

If it drones, it's a boat anchor for me.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2010, 10:42 AM   #32
mayka1979
Registered
Rep

Well there should be no problem buying exhaust from them:

http://www.stromungexhaust.com/browse.asp
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2010, 06:21 PM   #33
MIKe86
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 90 332is

Quote:
Originally Posted by 155MPH View Post
wow, I am very surprised by this. I got a great pair of mufflers from them that look great and sound great. In fact, the more miles on them the better they sound, they have mellowed into a nice deep sports exhaust.
This. From experience with my built/swapped e30, the stromungs are quiet and very tame when new. Put a few hundred miles on them and they start to open up. Have always been a stromung fan...
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2010, 06:21 PM   #34
onebluemcm
Captain
Rep

Yeah, I mean, that's what I figured, but you can never tell if these websites are current, or are a few years old - so few show the last time they were updated, etc. I guess I'll give 'em a call and see what's up.

thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2010, 02:47 AM   #35
imom
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Subaru BRZ ....... Z4MR (SOLD)

onebluemcm, I love audio.. hence my audio gear for sale...it's high end gear I only mentioned to classify my listening preference. I had the stromung exhaust. It sounds awesome and much lighter than stock. It looks a lot better than stock too... But I took them off... the drone was bugging me too much. I love music and I rather listen to that than the engine and especially the drone when you go slightly above cruising... 1500 to 3K sucked for me. Over 3K it was awesome.

Some may not think it's a big deal...but since you mentioned the word drone, you may be sensitive to it.. in which case I say keep it stock. I paid to put them on and to take them off after a month or two of driving.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2010, 11:45 AM   #36
onebluemcm
Captain
Rep

dude - exactly the kind of commentary I was looking for. I appreciate you giving the background for where you're coming from. It's kind of a bummer though because that is yet another exhaust marked off the list due to droning issues. It seems as though there are really pretty few options out there for the Z4M without getting a drone problem.

Anybody know if headers on an other wise stock system will have a drone problem?
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2010, 06:55 PM   #37
pelerojo
Private
Rep
Drives: '06 Z4M

Stromung cans

IMOM, if you still have the ones you took off and would like to sell, let me know. Thanks
Appreciate 0