ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

02-26-2014, 08:14 PM   #23
Psychodo
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 Boxster S

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaheen@Z4MCbuyersguide View Post
Production info

Total Number in 2007 Model Year: 788
Total Number in Monaco Blue Metallic: 39
Total Number with Imola Red Nappa Interior: 372
Total Number with Brushed Aluminum Trim: 1203
How can you have 788 produced but still count 1203 w aluminum trim?
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2014, 09:12 PM   #24
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychodo View Post
How can you have 788 produced but still count 1203 w aluminum trim?
I don't have my data file on this machine, but I think it means 788 produced in 2007, and 1203 total over all model years produced with aluminum trim. Any line after the 2007 speaks to overall totals.

I really need to upload that spreadsheet to the cloud....
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2014, 12:21 PM   #25
nekky
Wagon life
Canada
Rep
Drives: '16 328d M Sport Touring

That is the coolest combo I've seen in a while! I have a Monaco Blue Coupe and an Imola Red Roadster! You have sort of an offspring of the two... Congrats man. That's an *extremely* rare build!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2014, 09:13 PM   #26
HEY32G
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 sdrive35is

Sadly I have to report that I drove all the way from San Antonio to Arkansas to buy the car. Got there late Friday night and went to the dealership first thing Saturday morning. I drove the M and noticed a pretty pronounced rattling in the engine between 3000-3500rpm. Admittedly, I have limited knowledge, but the sound was quite worrisome - thought it might be a vanos issue. The dealership basically said take it like it is or leave it. I don't think they thought I would actually walk away, but I did. My fears might have been senseless, but their attitude was not comforting at all. I had one salesman (not mine) who drove it with me in the car, that seemed to be a little annoyed that my salesman and the tech on duty were so dismissive of my concerns. He wouldn't say but I could tell he thought there was a problem. He was obviously the most experienced salesman - that's why they had him take it out with me. At one point he looked at the tech and my salesman and said, "this gentleman drives 9 hours to pick up this car and we won't even address his concerns!?!?" He then walked off in disbelief. I soon followed. So, no M for me. Not an enjoyable weekend.

The BMW dealership here has a horrible reputation and the way I was treated at this dealership seemed to be about par for the course. I don't know if that's the BMW model or not, but I certainly don't like it.

But all's well that ends well, today I purchased an Audi TTS and couldn't be happier.

Once again, thanks for all of your help.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2014, 09:23 PM   #27
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH32335i
Sadly I have to report that I drove all the way from San Antonio to Arkansas to buy the car. Got there late Friday night and went to the dealership first thing Saturday morning. I drove the M and noticed a pretty pronounced rattling in the engine between 3000-3500rpm. Admittedly, I have limited knowledge, but the sound was quite worrisome - thought it might be a vanos issue. The dealership basically said take it like it is or leave it. I don't think they thought I would actually walk away, but I did. My fears might have been senseless, but their attitude was not comforting at all. I had one salesman (not mine) who drove it with me in the car, that seemed to be a little annoyed that my salesman and the tech on duty were so dismissive of my concerns. He wouldn't say but I could tell he thought there was a problem. He was obviously the most experienced salesman - that's why they had him take it out with me. At one point he looked at the tech and my salesman and said, "this gentleman drives 9 hours to pick up this car and we won't even address his concerns!?!?" He then walked off in disbelief. I soon followed. So, no M for me. Not an enjoyable weekend.

The BMW dealership here has a horrible reputation and the way I was treated at this dealership seemed to be about par for the course. I don't know if that's the BMW model or not, but I certainly don't like it.

But all's well that ends well, today I purchased an Audi TTS and couldn't be happier.

Sorry to hear what you went through and the time you wasted. You did the right thing...that sound at around those rpms is indicative of vanos problems.

Interestingly, where I live the Audi dealer has a similar attitude to your local BMW dealer...so I literally just sold my TTRS (yes RS) to get back into the BMW brand. My Audi ownership was very disappointing and I will not purchase another Audi, at least not while I'm living in this city.

Best of luck and enjoy your new whip!
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2014, 09:34 PM   #28
HEY32G
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 sdrive35is

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SerieStud View Post
Sorry to hear what you went through and the time you wasted. You did the right thing...that sound at around those rpms is indicative of vanos problems.

Interestingly, where I live the Audi dealer has a similar attitude to your local BMW dealer...so I literally just sold my TTRS (yes RS) to get back into the BMW brand. My Audi ownership was very disappointing and I will not purchase another Audi, at least not while I'm living in this city.

Best of luck and enjoy your new whip!
Yep, I guess all dealerships are different. The Audi place here is probably the best dealership in town.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2014, 10:27 PM   #29
Psychodo
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 Boxster S

Sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience but as others have said it was the right move. Enjoy the TTS, it's a sweet car.
On a side note Audi just released the next gen TT pics.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 07:45 AM   #30
ferrarif1
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F85, G05, E46M3

You might want to take a look at this one. A local forum member has offered to take a look: http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=953339

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH32335i View Post

Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 09:21 AM   #31
chickdr
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarif1 View Post
You might want to take a look at this one. A local forum member has offered to take a look: http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=953339
Unfortunately he already bought a TTS instead. Great deal on the M Roadster though. Extended leather too.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 05:05 PM   #32
mtrhed
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 06 AW Z4MR/w211 e63 AMG/325XiT

Sucks to hear! Pics of TT!
Anthracite Apex EC-7 9F/9.5R, 245/275 Super Sport's, 17" Kosei K1 255/40r17 Direzza II, SS Lines, Pagid RS29, Ate SuperBlue, VT Comp. MM's, RE trans. mounts, AST 4150, Swift springs, Vorschlag camber plates, RE RSM, H&R swaybars, spherical rtabs, SuperFlex poly fcabs, StrongStrut Braces, Euro Headers, Stromung exhaust, ESS Tune, Eventuri intake
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 10:02 PM   #33
Vanne
Down Under!!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

Yeah good on you mate for pulling the pin, what a rude bunch of s-heads, treating not only a potential customer like that, but a dude who's bloody travelled 9 hrs to get the car..
Hello!! If that was my salesman, I'd sack the f--Ker on the spot. (Unless of course there was a drama with the car)