ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

07-29-2016, 08:08 PM   #1
habitat412
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4 M Coupe

WTB: Rogue Engineering S-pipe and X-pipe

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Looking for a new or slightly used Rogue Engineering S-pipe and X-pipe. Let me know what you have, thanks.

Appreciate 0
      08-02-2016, 01:51 AM   #2
mpathic
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 MCoupe,3.0Si R,E61 535xiT

Any good exhaust shop can bend pipe and fit in a larger 2.5" inlet and outlet X-pipe to replace the restrictive factory X pipe with choking resonator. Much lower cost than aftermarket pieces, just not as pretty and exactly well formed.
Attached Images

08-05-2016, 03:41 PM   #3
habitat412
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Yeah I already went the route of having a shop make me a "custom" exhaust, but little did I realize they had no clue what they were doing. Long story short I learned it's not a good idea to use aluminum for exhaust piping and also their welding sucked because my exhaust system started to break at several different welding point they did. Apparently, when they were welding they didn't get it hot enough so the weld didn't go all the way through. I'm going the aftermarket route simply because I don't want to deal with amateur shops trying to build exhausts they have no clue on as well as at least with an aftermarket name brand company I am familiar with I won't have those issues and if I do I know where to go to get them resolved. I just want the Rogue Engineering s-pipe and x-pipe because I already have an RPI exhaust and CSL headers. Down the road I have plans for ordering a full Amuse Ericsson exhaust system for my car which will replace everything, but this is just a short term replacement until then.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2016, 07:34 PM   #4
SCHMOUPE
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitat412 View Post
Yeah I already went the route of having a shop make me a "custom" exhaust, but little did I realize they had no clue what they were doing. Long story short I learned it's not a good idea to use aluminum for exhaust piping and also their welding sucked because my exhaust system started to break at several different welding point they did. Apparently, when they were welding they didn't get it hot enough so the weld didn't go all the way through. I'm going the aftermarket route simply because I don't want to deal with amateur shops trying to build exhausts they have no clue on as well as at least with an aftermarket name brand company I am familiar with I won't have those issues and if I do I know where to go to get them resolved. I just want the Rogue Engineering s-pipe and x-pipe because I already have an RPI exhaust and CSL headers. Down the road I have plans for ordering a full Amuse Ericsson exhaust system for my car which will replace everything, but this is just a short term replacement until then.
Just wondering, is your goal to get better sound or more power? Do you already have headers?

Gruppe M CAI / Euro Headers / Rogue Engineering X-pipe / RE Diablo Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2016, 10:53 PM   #5
mpathic
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 MCoupe,3.0Si R,E61 535xiT

Lots of amateurs posing as professional exhaust shops just because they can slap a new cat on a car good enough to pass smog.

Burlingame Muffler is a real pro who does megabucks restorations on vintage racers and antiques, California legal power train swaps, as well as custom performance fab jobs like he's done on three cars for me now.

You're right, my guy is probably the exception to the rule. A local shop butchered a cat installation on my old M3, that's what led me to Burlingame. He's not cheap, but not overpriced either. He also has to choose you as a customer as much as you wanting him to do work for you. That said, its well worth having Dan do any exhaust work you want when it really matters.

One neet part of the job he did on my MZ4, was to retain some of the factory pipes that had gone from the resonator to the mufflers, but round back out the exhaust pipe sections that had been squared off by the factory. This opened up the flow to the mufflers much better than squeezing air through a squared section, and without needing to bend completely new sections of pipe to fit around each side of the differential.

There are no doubt other 'arteestS' with the torch and pipe bender elsewhere around the country. They're well worth finding, if you want the max flow increase with least needed noise volume increase on the street, or don't care about noise and just want an exhaust that will flow like a raging river and attract every cop for miles around.

Last edited by mpathic; 08-05-2016 at 10:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2016, 10:12 PM   #6
habitat412
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHMOUPE View Post
Just wondering, is your goal to get better sound or more power? Do you already have headers?
At this point it's just a matter of getting an exhaust system on there to replace what I have. I already have CSL headers so these parts aren't gonna do much for power, but probably would dictate sound, but either way since I'm putting the RPI's back on it won't matter for sound since they are pretty loud.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2016, 10:18 PM   #7
habitat412
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpathic View Post
Lots of amateurs posing as professional exhaust shops just because they can slap a new cat on a car good enough to pass smog.

Burlingame Muffler is a real pro who does megabucks restorations on vintage racers and antiques, California legal power train swaps, as well as custom performance fab jobs like he's done on three cars for me now.

You're right, my guy is probably the exception to the rule. A local shop butchered a cat installation on my old M3, that's what led me to Burlingame. He's not cheap, but not overpriced either. He also has to choose you as a customer as much as you wanting him to do work for you. That said, its well worth having Dan do any exhaust work you want when it really matters.

One neet part of the job he did on my MZ4, was to retain some of the factory pipes that had gone from the resonator to the mufflers, but round back out the exhaust pipe sections that had been squared off by the factory. This opened up the flow to the mufflers much better than squeezing air through a squared section, and without needing to bend completely new sections of pipe to fit around each side of the differential.

There are no doubt other 'arteestS' with the torch and pipe bender elsewhere around the country. They're well worth finding, if you want the max flow increase with least needed noise volume increase on the street, or don't care about noise and just want an exhaust that will flow like a raging river and attract every cop for miles around.
Trust me in saying my exhaust is brutally loud and definitely attracts cops or anyone's attention for miles. I'm running completely catless dual 3" piping with no resonators whatsoever on CSL headers. I never realized the S54 motor was so loud when you take out both sets of cats and resonators. It kind of sounds like a cammed LS without as much of the loopy sound, definitely loud and throaty.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2016, 07:02 PM   #8
SDCoupe
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M Coupe

^^ Wish I could hear a video clip of that!
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2016, 10:12 AM   #9
Blakkflame
Captain
Italy
Rep
Drives: Z4M - E91 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitat412 View Post
I'm running completely catless dual 3" piping with no resonators whatsoever on CSL headers.
Csl headers ?? Z4M & Csl had the same ..... or not ??
      08-16-2016, 06:32 PM   #10
habitat412
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCoupe View Post
^^ Wish I could hear a video clip of that!
I have a video of the cold start, but I don't really know how to upload photos and videos on the forums. I haven't had much luck when I try to unless there is some other way to do it.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2016, 06:33 PM   #11
habitat412
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakkflame View Post
Csl headers ?? Z4M & Csl had the same ..... or not ??
Yes, they are the same.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2016, 03:31 PM   #12
flicky
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '08 M Coupe, '14 X1

I have a rogue engineering x pipe that I just took off and a set of SuperSprint Race Exhausts if you're interested.

Last edited by flicky; 09-07-2016 at 05:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2016, 02:28 AM   #13
habitat412
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by flicky View Post
I have a rogue engineering x pipe that I just took off and a set of SuperSprint Race Exhausts if you're interested.
I'd be interested in the x-pipe no need for the race exhaust as I already have one I'm planning to use. If you can send me detailed pics and a price you are asking for, thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2017, 11:32 PM   #14
habitat412
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Anyone have these?
Appreciate 0