ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

07-17-2014, 05:48 PM   #1
gferil
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4MC

FS: 2006 Z4MC Silver Grey

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 30,000.00

Item Interest
SOLD!

I am the third owner of this specific vehicle, and all three of us owners have been CA based owners. I bought the car at 37K miles in 2011, and it currently has about 62K miles (I will continue to drive it once or twice a week til it sells to keep it warm). It has a silver grey exterior, and a dark Sepang interior with brushed aluminum trim. It has the premium package with heated seats, OEM Alarm, and the non DSP based radio system. This car does NOT have the OEM navigation system. It has a clean title and has not been in any accidents. The body is in great shape and the rear bumper is the only place where there are noticeable scratches (nothing major) from typical bad parkers here in San Francisco and during its previous cities of residence in Southern California.

Modifications done to the car are as follows:

• POWERTRAIN/TRANSMISSION

o OEM BMW M3 EU Headers
o RPi Scoop (Black)
o Clutch Delete Valve
o Royal Purple transmission fluid
o Gruppe M intake
o UUC EVO3 Short Shift Kit
o UUC Option 1 transmission mounts
o Evolve Automotive ECU Tune (Stage 2)
o Custom Borla Exhaust system (replaced X-pipe and OEM mufflers with straight pipe X Pipe and Universal Borla Mufflers with 3.5” dual exhaust tips) (will provide OEM X pipe with sale)
o Vibratechnics Motor mounts

• SUSPENSION AND WHEELS

o Eibach Sportline Springs and Bilstein HD struts
o Apex EC-7 Anthracite Wheels 18x8ET35 Front 18x10ET25 Rear (no curb rash, dings, bends, or blemishes)
o Michelin PSS 245/40R18 Front 275/35R18 Rear (about 15K miles on the set, so rears will likely last a couple thousand more miles and maybe two or three more track days depending on your skill level)

• BRAKES

o Stoptech SS brake lines
o Stoptech Street Performance Brake Pads

• EXTERIOR

o Matte black Kidney Grilles
o Short 3” radio antenna
o 35% 3M tint on side and rear windows
o Tekarbon Carbon Fiber mirrors
o 5K HID Headlight bulbs
o BMW Aero Front bumper and side skirts (OEM BMW Paint)
o Light Smoke tint on rear tail lights, third brake light, rear reflectors, side markers, front turn signals
o OEM BMW LED license plate lights
o OEM BMW Roundels painted black, rear roundel surround wrapped in matte black vinyl
o Replaced rear M Badge with matte black badge
o Tekarbon rear spoiler

• INTERIOR

o Aftermarket Clutch Stop for shorter clutch pedal throw
o Bavarian Soundwerkes Stage 1 front speaker kit
o OEM Aux In kit
o BMW Performance Shift Knob
o Extended Leather sun visors
o BMW Performance perforated E-Brake handle
o Ultimate Pedals

All receipts from my ownership onward will be supplied (have some but not all receipts from previous two owners), as well as a spreadsheet showing when parts were installed (date and car mileage). As you can see, the car is modified with consideration to both daily driving and track use. Visual modifications give the car a clean and slightly aggressive look with minor carbon fiber accents, all chrome surfaces replaced with black, and of course the amazing Apex EC7 wheels.

I also have tracked in a spreadsheet showing all the service done and who performed it, date, and mileage, as well as have receipts while I owned the car which include:
• Oil Changes (also have Blackstone Oil Analysis Reports)
• New Battery
• New Belts
• New Cupholder
• Transmission Oil replacement
• New TPS
• Differential Fluid replacement
• Inspection 2
• New Spark Plugs
• Wheel Alignments
• New Expansion Tank Hose
• New Brake Rotors and pads(all 4 corners)
• Brake Fluid Flush
• Passenger side Window Regulator

The exterior of the car was detailed once a year during my ownership using IronX pre wash, Clay Bar treatment, 2 stage polish with a Flex DA polisher (intermediate and fine), sealed with CQuartz sealant (really makes the car look glossy and makes water bead off and dust has a hard time sticking). Washed regularly (usually twice a month) and wheels waxed several times a year. The interior of the car was also detailed once a year, with the seats receiving Leatherique cleaner and conditioning. While I have owned the car it is parked indoors when at home, and outdoors when I take it to work.

Some “Blasphemous” things to note (slight sarcasm there): I removed the two M badges that are on each front fender of the car. I personally think the car came with way too many M badges on the exterior so I removed those. I also replaced the front M bumper with the non M (gasp!) Aero bumper because I felt it actually suited the lines of the car better as well as with the much desired Aero side skirts. I’ve received many compliments from local owners that have seen the car in person that the Aero bumper in fact does suit the car much better. The fog lights are partially wired (through the firewall and to the fuse box) and I currently have a non M light control module installed (that has the OEM fog light switch) but have not finished wiring the LCM to the box, so there currently is a bulb out warning on the dash. If I don’t finish wiring them by the time of sale, instructions can be found here:

http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthre...2#post14836182

As noted above, this car is modified to make track experiences a bit better with certain suspension, brake, transmission, and power components, and I certainly enjoyed those modifications on the local tracks here in California. The car has seen 7 track days (3 at Sonoma, 3 at Laguna Seca, and 1 at Thunderhill), one BMW CCA Car Control Clinic, and one top speed run at a Euro Sunday fundraiser event (didn’t look down as long as I wanted but speedo read about 155mph). With that said, the car definitely isn’t a garage queen and hasn’t been babied, but it also has been meticulously maintained and looked after since it had to be in top shape to perform at the track. In my opinion, it was driven in the way it was designed for.

The “bads” of the car are:
• Drivers side seat bolster is a bit worn
• There is a tiny 1” scratch on the passenger side seat leather. It’s not torn or anything, but you can see a little scratch on the leather.
• Bulb out warning from the fog lights not being fully wired
• Sometimes the left turn signal “malfunctions”, from what I can tell it’s coming from the bulb in the headlight housing. I’ve replaced the bulb but it still happens, so I’m guessing either the flasher relay or the bulb holder might be close to giving up its life.
• There is about a 2” scratch on the passenger side window tint.

OEM parts that will be included in the sale are: OEM Airbox and OEM ram air scoop, OEM X Pipe, OEM Silvery Grey Mirror housings, OEM Antenna, OEM side M Badges (need new 3M double sided tape if you want to reapply them), OEM Rear M Badge (also needs new 3M tape if you want to remount), OEM E-Brake Handle, OEM Vinyl Sun Visors, OEM LCM module. I do not have any of the other OEM parts that were replaced with aftermarket parts, sorry.

For CA owners concerned about SMOG and the EU headers, I had the O2’s relocated to the stock catalytic converters and the EGT relocated as well. The Evolve tune also ensures the system is running with no CEL’s and can easily achieve a readiness state. Other local CA owners with the same setup have been able to pass SMOG.

I will say this, with the GruppeM intake, EU headers, custom X Pipe, and Borla cans give the car a very unique sound. I constantly get compliments at meets and at the track at how great the car sounds with its setup. There is rasp when the car is cold and when you mash on it in higher RPMs, and there is minor drone in the cabin in the lower RPM range, but to be honest neither of those really bothered me much and the sound the car has was worth whatever rasp or drone was present.

I also have some dyno sheets showing stock steup; with stage 1 tune, airbox, exhaust; and with headers, airbox, exhaust, and stage 1 tune. I never got around to dynoing with the new Stage 2 tune, but I can tell you the power delivery is much more smooth (tuned for headers).

I just don’t drive the car much anymore (only once or twice a week), nor do I track it as often (got hooked on two wheels at the track), so I’d much rather this amazing machine go to an owner that can fire it up more often and hopefully track it more often since it’s blatantly obvious that the track environment is what this car is made for. It would actually be awesome if the next owner turned it into a pure track car with race seats, brakes, tires, cage, stripped interior, etc., but that’s just my dream!

I have many more photos and can take more for serious buyers.

SOLD

Attached Images

Last edited by gferil; 07-28-2014 at 09:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 06:00 PM   #2
dorifto88
Major
Rep
Drives: 88 Nissan Pathfinder

Glws my friend. this is one clean, well sorted and well kept car
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 06:13 PM   #3
The_Ring_Monster
Private
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4M

All the mods are very tastefully done and installed meticulously as shown in all the available records. I've known the owner over the years and can personally vouch for his knowledge and getting the job done the right way. Oh and did I mention he is one cool guy to deal with?

Somebody jump on this, NOW!

Live to ride. Ride to live.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2014, 12:08 PM   #4
yousefnjr
salty cowboys fan
Rep
Drives: ‘06 Z4MR, ‘20 X7, ‘22 M4x

Still love your interior GLWS!
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2014, 12:54 PM   #5
donoman
Rookie
Rep
Drives: 03 Z4 2.5i 5MT

Oh man, I would have SOOO bought this myself if I were still looking. I hate you!
1983 Wife
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2014, 09:44 PM   #6
gferil
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4MC

SOLD!
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2014, 09:55 PM   #7
ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Z4MR

very tastefully modded. love it
      07-28-2014, 10:21 PM   #8
Small Yellow
Track Addict
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW M3 E92 | 2008 Z4M E86

Congrats on sale! Beautiful car by the way.

Off topic quick question. I always knew z4m were made in USA and your door hinge sticker says made in USA... Why does mine say Made in Germany? Is it because mine is 2008?

Thanks

Appreciate 0
      07-29-2014, 12:36 AM   #9
nesrevival
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4MC 07'

sticker is made in germany
-----------------------------------------------------------
Gone: 2007 Supercharged ESS VT-525 Z4MC
Appreciate 0