ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

09-01-2012, 07:38 AM   #1
z-nigma
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 06 M Coupe

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Car: 2006 BMW Z4 M Coupe
Miles: 74k
Color: Interlagos Blue
Options/Mods: Leather, Nav, iPod hookup, VMR V710s
Contact Info: Schulte.pete@gmail.com or 816-679-4234
Price: $23,900

Have been giving some thought to selling my Z4M. I just bought it recently and love the car, but have been considering going through some slight life changes that may require me to buy something a little less expensive. I don't necessarily need to sell the car by any means, but the idea appeals to the practical side of me. I'm not *really* looking for trades, but I would possibly consider a Honda S2000 or Scion FR-S/Subaru BRZ. Like I said, I'm looking to stay within the same realm as the Z4M, but just at a less expensive cost.

Condition wise, the car is in great shape. I bought it almost three months ago with 68k miles on it. Drove all the way the NC to pick it up. Had a PPI done prior to purchase and the car needed nothing major at all and obviously came back well enough to convince me to drive 10 hours north to purchase the car. Essentially the only thing I've done to it since I bought it was change the oil.

Previous owner, while they weren't able to provide documentation, stated that the 60k maintenance had been done recently on the vehicle. I was able to find the owner information previous to that (bought it from a small dealership) and called to verify that. During my PPI, I also had the BMW dealership look the car over to verify that a 60k maintenance had been done and they were able to report that all signs pointed to it have being done.

Here are the pics:

New pics!

All the pics I have of the car can be found here.

Thanks for looking and let me know if you have any questions!

'06 Interlagos Blue M Coupe

Last edited by z-nigma; 10-27-2012 at 07:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2012, 09:24 AM   #2
TheSt|G
Resident Tamed Racing Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 911, 130is, E39 M5, E36 M3

That's this one? I guess they never pulled the ad?

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...22527925&Log=0
      09-01-2012, 12:08 PM   #3
z-nigma
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSt|G
That's this one? I guess they never pulled the ad?

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...22527925&Log=0
Yes, same car. Apparently even though I bought it back in June, the ad is still up.

Appreciate 0
      09-01-2012, 04:14 PM   #4
ProdigyM
Prodigy
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: 2000 Honda S2000

I have an s2000, but certainly not worth trading, lol and I'm somewhat local too!

Sad to see you might have to sell it. GLWS
      09-13-2012, 07:22 PM   #5
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

I'm stunned!

This is the car that was FS by the scum known as Classic Car Club in NY.

I went to see it and took it to Rogue Engineering for a PPI. They recommended I shouldn't buy it for more than 20k. Not a single maintenance record of any kind and it had essentially been a rental car. The outside and inside had gotten the sh!t beaten out of it.

They were selling it for 22.5k, so OP you have a huge set trying to sell that for 26k now.

Actually, viewing your join date OP you could be the scumbag that was trying to sell this to me. Absolute thumbsdown.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 09:23 AM   #6
z-nigma
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
I'm stunned!

I went to see it and took it to Rogue Engineering for a PPI. They recommended I shouldn't buy it for more than 20k. Not a single maintenance record of any kind and it had essentially been a rental car. The outside and inside had gotten the sh!t beaten out of it.

They were selling it for 22.5k, so OP you have a huge set trying to sell that for 26k now.

Actually, viewing your join date OP you could be the scumbag that was trying to sell this to me. Absolute thumbsdown.
Thanks for the kind words (and assumptions). I bought the car from a place in North Carolina in June. I have no idea what in the world you're referring to because the exterior literally has one ding on it and the interior is basically immaculate. I too, took the car for a PPI before I bought it and the dealership didn't find anything alarming with the car, so I'm not entirely sure what you're referring to.

Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 10:01 AM   #7
SCHMOUPE
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
I'm stunned!

You got any proof to back up what you are saying? Classic Car Club of NY is not your average run of the mill car clubs. They have a dedicated mechanic who works on millions of dollars worth of cars. I know of 2 friends who are/were members and they had nothing but positive things to say about the place.

Gruppe M CAI / Euro Headers / Rogue Engineering X-pipe / RE Diablo Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 12:52 PM   #8
losingmylycosa
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe

SYT, you have a huge set inferring some pretty negative things. Care to back up your assumptions?

Seller, GLWS.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2012, 10:46 AM   #9
z-nigma
Enlisted Member
Rep

Bump! Price drop to $25k.

Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 10:20 AM   #10
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by z-nigma View Post
Thanks for the kind words (and assumptions). I bought the car from a place in North Carolina in June. I have no idea what in the world you're referring to because the exterior literally has one ding on it and the interior is basically immaculate. I too, took the car for a PPI before I bought it and the dealership didn't find anything alarming with the car, so I'm not entirely sure what you're referring to.
Well, check if the carfax shows a NY registration.

If you bought it in NC I guess you aren't the scumbag who tried to sell this car.

I'm quite sure it's the same car. Hard to have the same black tinted rear lights, color, mileage (68k when I saw it), extended leather, and especially that ding in the hood. Hard to reproduce that.

I'm glad your PPI checked out. The car had clearly been beaten on, the exterior paint has scuffs and clearcoat scratches. Despite CCC lying about "it being a individual's car that they were selling as a favor", it has been part of their rental fleet and didn't have maintenance records despite the Ebay ad promising "Full dealer maintenance history".
A Z4MC with 68k that's lived a hard life and not had a valve adjustment, has used the wrong oil (presumably at some point it had been changed) and hasn't had the tranny/diff oil changed is not a good buy.

Had I known this would come up again I would have taken note of the VIN.

Actually I may be able to get the VIN this weekend when I go back to NH. I recall writing it down there. OP, don't post the VIN. I'll post what I have, if it's the same as yours I expect you and especially the other two doubting thomas' to apologize. I will do the same if I'm wrong.

Last edited by SYT_Shadow; 09-18-2012 at 10:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 10:24 AM   #11
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHMOUPE View Post
You got any proof to back up what you are saying? Classic Car Club of NY is not your average run of the mill car clubs. They have a dedicated mechanic who works on millions of dollars worth of cars. I know of 2 friends who are/were members and they had nothing but positive things to say about the place.
You want me to prove they didn't have maintenance records? How am I supposed to do that?

Yeah, I met their mechanic. I'm glad he's able to work on Ferraris and such, but I don't really give a sh!t when he hasn't done a valve adjustment in 68k and doesn't know what oil goes in the car.

Oh, and I don't see why members wouldn't think it's wonderful. It's pretty cool to rent out a Z4MC, drive the crap out of it and pay $300 for the experience. What that has to do with buying one of these abused cars is something I don't see. Perhaps you can make that connection?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 11:13 AM   #12
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by losingmylycosa View Post
SYT, you have a huge set inferring some pretty negative things. Care to back up your assumptions?

Seller, GLWS.
You're the one with a huge set assuming I'm wrong. The ding on the hood is too similar to be a coincidence. If I'm wrong I'll apologize, I expect you to do the same.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 11:20 AM   #13
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep

Appreciate 0
      09-20-2012, 06:55 AM   #14
shelhart2
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 4.8, BMW K1300S

I live in Orlando and just recently saw his post on craigslist and went to see the car. Hood , front bumper, rear quarter, both fenders all repainted. Rims are aftermarket knock offs. Rear tires at wear bars. Passenger side many scratches. Was not well cared for. Just a data point for anyone interested.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2012, 08:04 AM   #15
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelhart2 View Post
I live in Orlando and just recently saw his post on craigslist and went to see the car. Hood , front bumper, rear quarter, both fenders all repainted. Rims are aftermarket knock offs. Rear tires at wear bars. Passenger side many scratches. Was not well cared for. Just a data point for anyone interested.
Just like I was saying. This is the same car I saw. I'm waiting for the smarty pants who were telling me I had big balls to come back and apologize.

OP, I don't know if you're honest or not, but I suggest you sell on Autotrader/Craiglist, not on a enthusiast forum.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2012, 09:05 AM   #16
TheSt|G
Resident Tamed Racing Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 911, 130is, E39 M5, E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelhart2 View Post
Sounds like par for the course for ES.
      09-20-2012, 09:29 AM   #17
smellyborrelli
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

makes sense why someone would want to sell it so soon after buying it...
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2012, 11:17 AM   #18
KLH
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 3.0si

"Rims are aftermarket knock offs"

Hey, I happen to like those knock offs.......what brand are they?
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2012, 03:13 PM   #19
DR Z4
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 M Roadster

I agree that the black tinted front reflectors (not covered with decals or painted) in combination with the identical hood dent are too striking for this to be anything but the same car.

This member who spotted this is looking out for the best interests of everyone on the board. Good for him.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2012, 05:38 PM   #20
Swashplate
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: in Anger.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR Z4 View Post
I agree that the black tinted front reflectors (not covered with decals or painted) in combination with the identical hood dent are too striking for this to be anything but the same car.

This member who spotted this is looking out for the best interests of everyone on the board. Good for him.
Agreed. And that sucks for the OP.
!!! BOILER UP !!!
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2012, 10:21 AM   #21
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR Z4 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Digby Chicken Caesar View Post
Agreed. And that sucks for the OP.
Thanks for the support guys.

Apparently one has to shut up and allow other enthusiasts to be screwed to avoid getting flamed on the forums.

I found the VIN of the car along with some old documentation from when I went to see the car. It was in a $3471 accident too.

VIN 5UMDU93406LL93316
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2012, 10:26 AM   #22
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHMOUPE View Post
I already quoted you, but as I found the documentation I just couldn't repress coming back to your post.

CCC of NY may be whatever you want. I think they're lying scumbags.

The ad on Ebay was very clear:

-Dealership maintained
-No accidents
-No stories
-2 owner car
When I got there they told me it was never part of the fleet of rentals. BULLSH!T

It turns out:
it was 0 maintenance records of any kind
it has been in at least one accident
it has been owned by two people but used by dozens, possibly hundreds

I wish the very worst on them and any scumbag who tries to screw enthusiasts over.

Unfortunately, given the absolute craziness that circles Z4MCs, OP will simply sell the car on Autotrader or Craiglist to someone that has more money than brains.
Appreciate 0