ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-09-2011, 01:15 PM   #1
mickg007
Rep
Drives: BMW 318Ci Sports Coupe

Vibration and Rattle Noise

Hi

I have a 4 year Z4 Coupe Automatic Sport with 43K Miles - second owner. Car was immaculate when I bought it and I have had no knocks since buying it

Over the past 6 months, while at stand still at traffic lights, I can hear this vibration or low growling coming from the rear of the car. There is also a loudish rattle coming from the read.

I brought the car to a BMW dealer who found that both rear springs were broken and the suspension control arms were badly bent. Both were replaced.

Unfortunately and very annoyingly the rattle and vibration are still there - granted the rattle has subsided 50%.

Has anyone had anything similar problems with there Z4 - I love the car, but really beginning to hate it ... any advice would be gratefully appreciated
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2011, 07:44 PM   #2
jumpthewire
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 silver/grey Z4 3.0si

Had the same issue. I thought my muffler was coming loose, (which it was) but it also was the control arm bent. (i was in a fender bender prior)

After they fixed it, THAT noise went away, but there is ALWAYS some kinda noise coming from the car. Really drives me crazy. Lots of "Creaks" that come from my hatch plastic parts... Seems common on the Z4 line
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2011, 02:35 AM   #3
mickg007
Rep
Drives: BMW 318Ci Sports Coupe

That does not sound good that Z4 are rattle prone. I was thinking of upgrading to the new Model - might have to rethink that one ...
Appreciate 0