ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

09-02-2016, 06:56 PM   #1
AriuSen
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe

JRZ suspension will help solve our problem!

As many of you know, my car acts crazy at the track....either understeer too much or oversteer too much. Also everybody knows jrz shocks are actually e36 shocks, making my coilover to bottom out, and also my car feels terrible on highway.

I always thought....damn maybe this car is not for me....maybe my driving style is not right for this car....but last week I asked my friend who is a pro drifter to try driving my car at the track.....he drives my car and says....your car is the worst car I ever driven in my life.
That almost made me cry lol. Because there was another z4m with a 500 dollar coilover and he said that his car felt much more confident inspired, predictable, balanced, etc etc etc.
He said that he felt that my car was running springs too stiff....but when I told him I had 400/550 lbs, he said that something had to be wrong.
After that, I decided to call jrz. I explained my situation and the person who I spoke to, was super super nice to me....he was worry about my safety and explained to me, what can occur at the track if my shocks keeps bottoming out.
He asked me to send my car to their office which is 45 minutes from my house. He said he will inspect my car, test the shocks, see the measurements and everything, drive my ca, and then if they see that this is in fact wrong, and that it keeps bottoming out, they will ask the headquarters to make a custom coilover for my car with the right measurements.
So they might actually use my car as a mold for future orders from z4m people!
isnt this an awesome news for us?
As I will drop off my car next week, I would appreciate if you guys could share with me as much information as possible about everything you guys have discussed before about using e36 shocks in our cars so I can tell them ahead? maybe you guys can tell me what question to ask, recommendation etc?
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2016, 09:29 PM   #2
Vanne
Down Under!!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

Awesome news buddy 🐱
Appreciate 0