ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

11-27-2012, 08:04 AM   #1
mousitch
Dark Sider
Rep
Drives: 2008 Space Gray Z4MC

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [7.50]
Euro Header/bung 02 combo choice advice

Im itching to do my header install this spring and have a few choices. just wanting some advice. I currently am i possession of a set of Euro headers now and do not want a CEL. It looks like my choices are below.

1. Euro headers with DKF s-pipe and DKF resonators with o2 bungs(extended 02's). The S-pipe I believe would have to be bought to accommodate the EGT. This assumes that DKF will actually produce an S-pipe and O2 bung resonators. Cost minus headers Approx $1300.

2.Euro headers with DKF s-pipe and leave stock section 2. Evolve tune to turn off CEL and eliminate rear sensors. . I already have a tune and was wondering if I can still do the laptop programming of the Evolve.
Cost minus headers approx $1500.

3.Sell euros and buy some Fabspeed headers,Evolve tune. cost after sale of Euro headers approx $1400.

Ideally, I want to keep the Euros but the EGT issue is throwing me for a loop as a good tune, I feel would be less of a pain then extending my O2 sensors. Anyway, any advice would be appreciated. Just looking for the most solid setup w/o breaking my x-mas bonus bank.
2008 Space Grey M Coupe-RPI Scoop-Gruppe M CAI-Eisenmann Race Cans-RE X-pipe-ECU Remap-H&R Sport springs-Zeck CDV delete-Stock Gloss black powder coated wheels-LED Tekarbon Angel Eyes Project-Michelin Super Sports-Hardwired Uniden R7-H&R front and rear spacers-Alarm module added-stereo amp recoded to vert settings
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 09:43 AM   #2
txz4
Major
Rep
Drives: 2006 M coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousitch View Post
Im itching to do my header install this spring and have a few choices. just wanting some advice. I currently am i possession of a set of Euro headers now and do not want a CEL. It looks like my choices are below.

1. Euro headers with DKF s-pipe and DKF resonators with o2 bungs(extended 02's). The S-pipe I believe would have to be bought to accommodate the EGT. This assumes that DKF will actually produce an S-pipe and O2 bung resonators. Cost minus headers Approx $1300.

2.Euro headers with DKF s-pipe and leave stock section 2. Evolve tune to turn off CEL and eliminate rear sensors. . I already have a tune and was wondering if I can still do the laptop programming of the Evolve.
Cost minus headers approx $1500.

3.Sell euros and buy some Fabspeed headers,Evolve tune. cost after sale of Euro headers approx $1400.

Ideally, I want to keep the Euros but the EGT issue is throwing me for a loop as a good tune, I feel would be less of a pain then extending my O2 sensors. Anyway, any advice would be appreciated. Just looking for the most solid setup w/o breaking my x-mas bonus bank.
Find myself wondering the same thing about the EGT. I have euros and intend to go catless, tuned, but not sure how this affects the EGT.
Appreciate 0