ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-31-2016, 09:14 PM   #1805
TennesseeZ4
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4 3.0i; six speed manual

Addiction!

I will confess that I have been a sports car guy since the '60's. MGA twin cam, Datsun 2000, a few Capri's. And a racer: Formula Ford, Spec Racer, IT, and Vintage. More cars than I care to count. But the Z4 is to me an iconic variation on the inline six sports car. Think Austin Healey, Jaguar, TR6, Aston Martin DB, it is the quintessential long hood, short deck sports car. The fact that it incorporates running gear from the proven 3 series cars is simply a validation of the make. This car never disappoints, and will deliver a high degree of driving experience. The Bangle effect is also an appreciated point. Just ask the Boxster driver who disappeared in my rearview last weekend on TN 31. The car works, and looks good while it does so.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2016, 09:19 PM   #1806
DeutschRennfahrer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4 3.0i - Saphire Black

Alright, another Nashville member! Have you been out to the Natchez Trace?
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2016, 12:09 PM   #1807
B_Shank
Registered
Rep
Drives: 08 Z4M Coupe

Hey all,

Been lurking on here for a little while now, I picked up an 08 M Coupe last Fall. She's Space Grey over Imola red. I had the car shipped from WA state to Orlando FL and could not be more pleased. The car currently sits just under 60,000 miles and has been a riot to drive. Some of the more senior members might recognize it, as its's kcdedric's old car. Some of the mods done include TC Kline coilovers, Apex ARC-8 wheels, headers/exhaust and misc bushings.

Since I've owner her, all of the fluids have been changed and I bought a set of aero side skirts (still to be painted and mounted). The car currently has Magnaflow mufflers on it, which I plan to change to either RPI or Super Sprints.

Anyways, just wanted to say hi, thanks for all the info I have learned so far, and I look forward to my time here.

Also, any central FL members on here?
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      04-10-2016, 02:27 PM   #1808
bustedbmw
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2003 z4 3.0 6spd

Long time lurker posting for the first time here. Like B_Shank I am also in the central Fl area. I've had my Z for almost a year and it is by far my favorite vehicle to date. That said, it will be up for sale here soon. I would like to thank the people who took the time to write up quality DIY threads as many of them have been immeasurably helpful. Of course, here are a few pics of the car(and one of the pup as well).

Appreciate 1
      04-11-2016, 01:19 AM   #1809
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Shank View Post
Hey all,

Been lurking on here for a little while now, I picked up an 08 M Coupe last Fall. She's Space Grey over Imola red. I had the car shipped from WA state to Orlando FL and could not be more pleased. The car currently sits just under 60,000 miles and has been a riot to drive. Some of the more senior members might recognize it, as its's kcdedric's old car. Some of the mods done include TC Kline coilovers, Apex ARC-8 wheels, headers/exhaust and misc bushings.

Since I've owner her, all of the fluids have been changed and I bought a set of aero side skirts (still to be painted and mounted). The car currently has Magnaflow mufflers on it, which I plan to change to either RPI or Super Sprints.

Anyways, just wanted to say hi, thanks for all the info I have learned so far, and I look forward to my time here.

Welcome! It's great to see "old friends" (cars) again!
Appreciate 1
      04-11-2016, 01:21 AM   #1810
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustedbmw View Post
Long time lurker posting for the first time here. Like B_Shank I am also in the central Fl area. I've had my Z for almost a year and it is by far my favorite vehicle to date. That said, it will be up for sale here soon. I would like to thank the people who took the time to write up quality DIY threads as many of them have been immeasurably helpful. Of course, here are a few pics of the car(and one of the pup as well).[IMG]https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1630/26353154405_5276cf622b_
Dog shot! Have two, a JRT and a McNabb / Aussie Heeler mix. I'm pretty sure the McNabb would be faster around the track than me.

Thanks for the DIY feedback--folks put a lot of work into those and it's great to know they're appreciated! I was trying to find something on another vehicle I own--nada--I'm spoiled from being around here.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2016, 01:25 PM   #1811
kaanb34
Rep
Drives: Bmw E85 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko521 View Post
Pictures.....we love pictures! Congrats on the car.
Appreciate 2
      04-14-2016, 04:06 PM   #1812
SaltyNC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
Dog shot! Have two, a JRT and a McNabb / Aussie Heeler mix. I'm pretty sure the McNabb would be faster around the track than me.

Thanks for the DIY feedback--folks put a lot of work into those and it's great to know they're appreciated! I was trying to find something on another vehicle I own--nada--I'm spoiled from being around here.
Welcome B_Shank, BustedBMW, and KaanB34. That's a swarm of bees.

Finnegan Is your JRT a wire coat or straight hair? We have a straight hair, and he's getting up in years, and I swear we sweep up a dog once a week. I told my wife the next one will be wire coat. I'd rather strip them than deal with hair flying everywhere. He's been a good one. We got him at a rescue place and a JRT was the one dog I had ruled out as being too much to handle, but he was quiet in his little cage at the rescue group, and I caved. As soon as I got him out and put him on a nylon leash, he had chewed it 90% through before I could get him to the car. Gotta love 'em. I clicker trained him in a few weeks, and he's been an outstanding dog.

Salty
Aux Port|LED Interior|LED Strip Trunk|Underseat First Aid Box|Stubby Antenna|Intravee II|BMW Oil Change Kit|Top Down Side Panels|Vibra Technics Engine Mounts|Rogue Trans Mounts|Engine Mount Bolts Upgrade|RS Windblocker|Euro Front Plate|M5 Illum Shift Knob|Supersprint Powerloop Exhaust|Gruppe-M Intake|RPI Scoop|Black Grills|19x8.5 ET35 F 19x9.5 ET22 R Sportline 8s PSS| Besian Vanos|CDV Delete
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2016, 09:31 PM   #1813
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyNC
Quote:

Welcome B_Shank, BustedBMW, and KaanB34. That's a swarm of bees.

Finnegan Is your JRT a wire coat or straight hair? We have a straight hair, and he's getting up in years, and I swear we sweep up a dog once a week. I told my wife the next one will be wire coat. I'd rather strip them than deal with hair flying everywhere. He's been a good one. We got him at a rescue place and a JRT was the one dog I had ruled out as being too much to handle, but he was quiet in his little cage at the rescue group, and I caved. As soon as I got him out and put him on a nylon leash, he had chewed it 90% through before I could get him to the car. Gotta love 'em. I clicker trained him in a few weeks, and he's been an outstanding dog.

Salty
Broken coat, which is a mix between wire and smooth. Not much shedding at all.

She's pretty easy going for a Jack. We found her while hiking--someone dumped her. She's a wonderful dog. Kills lots of vermin too, and gets on well with our herding dog. Not much of a chewer--actually it's our cat (who was raised by dogs) that chews stuff up.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-15-2016, 09:48 PM   #1814
SaltyNC
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

She's pretty easy going for a Jack. We found her while hiking--someone dumped her. She's a wonderful dog. Kills lots of vermin too, and gets on well with our herding dog. Not much of a chewer--actually it's our cat (who was raised by dogs) that chews stuff up.
Great looking JR!

I've heard some chew, some dig, some do neither. Ours doesn't chew our things, but loves to chew on dog toys. They last no time at all. He also loves balls more than anything.

Salty
Attached Images

Aux Port|LED Interior|LED Strip Trunk|Underseat First Aid Box|Stubby Antenna|Intravee II|BMW Oil Change Kit|Top Down Side Panels|Vibra Technics Engine Mounts|Rogue Trans Mounts|Engine Mount Bolts Upgrade|RS Windblocker|Euro Front Plate|M5 Illum Shift Knob|Supersprint Powerloop Exhaust|Gruppe-M Intake|RPI Scoop|Black Grills|19x8.5 ET35 F 19x9.5 ET22 R Sportline 8s PSS| Besian Vanos|CDV Delete
Appreciate 1
      04-16-2016, 01:48 AM   #1815
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Great looking JR!

I've heard some chew, some dig, some do neither. Ours doesn't chew our things, but loves to chew on dog toys. They last no time at all. He also loves balls more than anything.

Salty
Great shots! He's a sport with those antlers! Love seeing him after that ball!
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2016, 10:32 PM   #1816
coh661
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4 M COUPE  [8.00]
Hello everyone,

Been trolling this forum for years before I even bought a Z4M coupe. Working outside the country for a few years kept me from buying but last year I moved back and this March I took the plunge. I bought the car with 50k miles on it from a man in Pennsylvania, drove it back to Detroit that same day. The car was in very good shape but needed some updating. So the modding has already started and i must say all the info on this forum has given me the confidence to do all the work myself. Hopefully I can contribute as I learn the car but for now I'm in learning mode
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      04-17-2016, 12:32 AM   #1817
SaltyNC
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Looks great, Milamookie. Silver is my favorite color on the coupe. Dubsesd's was phenomenal. Are you planning to track it, or mods for street?

Salty
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2016, 12:37 AM   #1818
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaanb34
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko521 View Post
Pictures.....we love pictures! Congrats on the car.
Simply a stunning color!
Appreciate 3
      04-17-2016, 12:38 AM   #1819
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by milamookie
Hello everyone,

Been trolling this forum for years before I even bought a Z4M coupe. Working outside the country for a few years kept me from buying but last year I moved back and this March I took the plunge. I bought the car with 50k miles on it from a man in Pennsylvania, drove it back to Detroit that same day. The car was in very good shape but needed some updating. So the modding has already started and i must say all the info on this forum has given me the confidence to do all the work myself. Hopefully I can contribute as I learn the car but for now I'm in learning mode
Excellent find!
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2016, 07:25 AM   #1820
SgtFaceplant
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4 Coupe  [7.00]
Just bought a Z4C yesterday. I have been lurking here for a while trying to learn as much as possible. She preformed outstandingly during the 350+ mile road trip back to Atlanta. I can't wait to drive her more.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      04-17-2016, 10:51 AM   #1821
deemo319
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Shank
Hey all,

What's up B-Shank? I am in Orlando and relocated from Minnesota in September 2014 for work.

You have a very nice M Coupe.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2016, 06:23 PM   #1822
carsbill
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 35i

Garage List
New Z

It has been awhile since I joined this site and since then I have had three other Z's - 01 Z3, 03 Z4 3.0, 09 Z4 3.0. Since we have parted ways, I just could be without a Z. So, I now own an 08 Z4 Coupe Black Sapphire Metallic. Looking to keep this one until I no longer drive.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2016, 10:10 PM   #1823
coh661
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4 M COUPE  [8.00]
Quote:
Looks great, Milamookie. Silver is my favorite color on the coupe. Dubsesd's was phenomenal. Are you planning to track it, or mods for street?

Salty
Thanks Salty. No plans at the moment to track it. It's mainly my weekend fun car. Still have a long list of things to do. Gloss black Vinyl roof wrap is next!
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2016, 05:54 PM   #1824
MrTanner
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe

New Z Owner

After two very long years without a sports car, last week I took delivery of a '07 M coupe, red on black. It turned 20K miles on my drive back to Rochester, MN.

I'd been looking for about a year, and committed to this one without ever having driven a Z4 M Coupe. Talk about faith. I surely wasn't disappointed. Its exactly what I expected and more. The #@*$ CDV will be removed next Tuesday. I'm waiting on other mods until I've put some miles and a couple of track day on it.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2016, 06:35 PM   #1825
bucko521
More of this than that!
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 3.0i, Z3 2.5i

Looks like we have a lot of recent Z's owner....welcome.

Remember to post your pictures....we LOVE pictures.

'06 Z4 3.0i Jet Black/ Biege/Black
Leather / Premium Package / DICE Silverline DUO / Stubby Antenna / Matte Black Grill
Ultimate Cup Holder x2 / Gaptech RCH+ / First Aid storagebox x2 / Acrylic Wind Deflector
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2016, 08:41 PM   #1826
DEG
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by milamookie
Hello everyone,

Welcome! Looks great! I'm about 60 miles north of you in Davison.
Appreciate 0