ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-07-2012, 04:34 PM   #23
Chamberlin
Green Beemers
United_States
Rep
Drives: 27 BMWs...and counting

Garage List
wow! this car with 5k miles is basically trashed on the outside? how can this be?
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2012, 06:42 PM   #24
Z4MLover2012
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Space Gray Z4M Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by builthatch View Post
I read your updates to your post. I hate that the car was in such bad shape for such low mileage. I'm sorry I pointed you towards that one, but it looked good on paper.

Good Luck with your search and keep me posted on your progress!
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2012, 10:39 AM   #25
nekky
Wagon life
Canada
Rep
Drives: '16 328d M Sport Touring

I just bought my 07 Z4MC here in Winnipeg after it sitting at a dealer for almost 6 months... They have a 360CS there too Anyway, I'm in the car biz here and got a very good deal. Plus, it's 1 of 36 Monaco Blue cars brought to North America. I'd always be interested in cutting it loose to the right enthusiast. Car has a few scratches and one SMAAAALL ding that will be taken out soon. I think I found one (??) stonechip on the entire car. Car has a clear bra on it as it came from Alberta originally. Interior is mint except the driver's side cupholder doesn't work.. I'll fix that. Runs perfectly, brand new OEM brakes all around, new Conti ExtremeContact DW in stock sizes.

Is traveling to Canada in the cards for you, or would you even consider a Monaco Blue car?
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2012, 06:53 AM   #26
bucko521
More of this than that!
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 3.0i, Z3 2.5i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekky View Post
Plus, it's 1 of 36 Monaco Blue cars brought to North America.
You do know that EVERY model of the BMW Z4 family are built in South Carolina!

'06 Z4 3.0i Jet Black/ Biege/Black
Leather / Premium Package / DICE Silverline DUO / Stubby Antenna / Matte Black Grill
Ultimate Cup Holder x2 / Gaptech RCH+ / First Aid storagebox x2 / Acrylic Wind Deflector
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2012, 02:07 PM   #27
nekky
Wagon life
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko521 View Post
You do know that EVERY model of the BMW Z4 family are built in South Carolina!
Woops Either way, you get my point
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2012, 02:49 PM   #28
builthatch
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 Subaru STI five door

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekky View Post
I just bought my 07 Z4MC here in Winnipeg after it sitting at a dealer for almost 6 months... They have a 360CS there too Anyway, I'm in the car biz here and got a very good deal. Plus, it's 1 of 36 Monaco Blue cars brought to North America. I'd always be interested in cutting it loose to the right enthusiast. Car has a few scratches and one SMAAAALL ding that will be taken out soon. I think I found one (??) stonechip on the entire car. Car has a clear bra on it as it came from Alberta originally. Interior is mint except the driver's side cupholder doesn't work.. I'll fix that. Runs perfectly, brand new OEM brakes all around, new Conti ExtremeContact DW in stock sizes.

Is traveling to Canada in the cards for you, or would you even consider a Monaco Blue car?
thanks pal!

nah, zero interest in blue, black or red. little interest in white or gray but who knows.

i dunno about these cars at this point. i honestly think i might be too big of a person to make it work. i can't believe i'm saying that because i've driven everything and made it work for the sake of driving awesome cars, but i was SO cramped i feel like it's not even safe because my movement is so limited.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2012, 03:23 PM   #29
nekky
Wagon life
Canada
Rep

Quote:
thanks pal!

nah, zero interest in blue, black or red. little interest in white or gray but who knows.

i dunno about these cars at this point. i honestly think i might be too big of a person to make it work. i can't believe i'm saying that because i've driven everything and made it work for the sake of driving awesome cars, but i was SO cramped i feel like it's not even safe because my movement is so limited.
We have a salesperson who is 6'5" or so and he's definitely too big for it too... Don't know that these cars are built for anyone over 6'2". Try out a Boxster/Cayman or might have to step up to an M3 or 911... like that's a bad thing lol.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2012, 01:47 AM   #30
builthatch
Enlisted Member
Rep

thinking about the situation with the bronze one really burns me up - i specifically asked that guy, before i wasted an entire day, a tank of fuel, tolls and $200 for a PPI, if the car had any damage, scratches, dents, etc. he told me no except a little parking block scrape on the lip and a small spot on a wheel. that car was so trashed and damaged, and to think he not only wasted my time, but he told me he has people talking about flying in to see it, etc...he's really out of line. asinine behavior.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2012, 01:18 AM   #31
Chamberlin
Green Beemers
United_States
Rep

Garage List
By the inspection you gave the car, does it look like chronic carelessness on his part, or maybe a one time event where he spun the car and did all the damage at once?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 09:38 AM   #32
builthatch
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlin View Post
By the inspection you gave the car, does it look like chronic carelessness on his part, or maybe a one time event where he spun the car and did all the damage at once?
chronic carelessness, without a doubt. to me, it looks like he (and/or his wife) drove/parked the car wherever they wanted with no regard to potential damage, whether that was in public or in the garage. rocks jumping off trailers on the highway, parking proximity in lots or in the garage...parking blocks. none of this registered during his time with the vehicle.

his initial description of the car to me lacked any information regarding the very obvious damage aside from the front lip damage and small spot of clear coat missing from the wheel lip. so that, coupled with the way he reacted when i pointed out a few of the defects led me to believe he is just doesn't care - he's totally oblivious. scratches and dings...and DENTS...are not on his radar at all. how he could notice the dime sized clear coat chip on the wheel but not noticed the football sized dent on the passenger side door or any of the other crap is a real mystery to me.

i didn't expect the car to be 100% perfect, but i also didn't expect it to look worse than my wife's 100k mile commuter honda civic.

i don't think he's a car person. i feel like they randomly saw this thing on the dealership floor at their local dealer, thought it would be a cool toy then bought it on a whim, that's that. he knew nothing about it other than the most basic info. he didn't even put a vin in his autotrader ad, lol.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 10:17 AM   #33
Chamberlin
Green Beemers
United_States
Rep

Garage List
ugggghhh.... thanks for that extra bit of insight on this car and owner....he's obviously not a car guy, but sure as heck prices the car like he knows something! Isn't that always the case? I hope this car is at least mechanically sound, and free from abuse...but who's to know, being that he had no disregard for its cosmetic health. BTW, the reason I am so peeved to hear about your story, is that I just bought an '08 M3 a few weeks ago, and drove it home 500 miles, only to discover a few days later the car was used as a supercharged test mule for over half of its miles (physical evidence + internet research). The car was the opposite of this Z4MC, nice on the outside, beat up on the inside (drivetrain). I ended up shipping the car back and cancelling the sale (at a loss to me). I've since picked up a nicer '09 and am quite pleased....it's going to be a DD though, so that's why I am looking at the Z4m M coupes for a possible weekend getaway car....not that the M3 would be bad in that regard...but I do love the 1st gen Z4 M/coupe package...
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 10:48 AM   #34
Z4MLover2012
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
chronic carelessness, without a doubt. to me, it looks like he (and/or his wife) drove/parked the car wherever they wanted with no regard to potential damage, whether that was in public or in the garage. rocks jumping off trailers on the highway, parking proximity in lots or in the garage...parking blocks. none of this registered during his time with the vehicle.

his initial description of the car to me lacked any information regarding the very obvious damage aside from the front lip damage and small spot of clear coat missing from the wheel lip. so that, coupled with the way he reacted when i pointed out a few of the defects led me to believe he is just doesn't care - he's totally oblivious. scratches and dings...and DENTS...are not on his radar at all. how he could notice the dime sized clear coat chip on the wheel but not noticed the football sized dent on the passenger side door or any of the other crap is a real mystery to me.

i didn't expect the car to be 100% perfect, but i also didn't expect it to look worse than my wife's 100k mile commuter honda civic.

i don't think he's a car person. i feel like they randomly saw this thing on the dealership floor at their local dealer, thought it would be a cool toy then bought it on a whim, that's that. he knew nothing about it other than the most basic info. he didn't even put a vin in his autotrader ad, lol.
Hated to read all the details on this one. It sounds like the guy didn't care for the old girl at all. You'll find a good one, I feel confident. I'm still pulling for you.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2012, 09:40 AM   #35
jmk01010
Rep
Drives: 99 M Coupe / 2007 M Coupe

Builthatch: Might sell in next month or so. Sent you a pm.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 12:27 AM   #36
builthatch
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmk01010 View Post
Builthatch: Might sell in next month or so. Sent you a pm.
got it. thanks

my friend's wife has a z4 coupe. i wanted to assure myself that it wasn't just that particular car (the SBM one i looked at), so i sat in her's and i really think this car is just too small for me. it's hard to believe because, like i mentioned before, i've been in it all. the smallest car for me previously was the exige but even that wasn't this bad. i never thought this would happen! i'd have to stop lifting for quite a while to make this work properly.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2012, 03:23 PM   #37
builthatch
Enlisted Member
Rep

i guess someone bought that SBM example in PA because the autotrader ad is down. i wonder what it went for? i hope nobody bought it sight unseen!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2012, 04:03 PM   #38
Z4MLover2012
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=630918

?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2012, 04:07 PM   #39