ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

02-08-2011, 11:30 PM   #1
gigtime
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4 2.5i

2003 Z4 Won't Start - Wiring Diagrams?

My 2003 2.5 roadster has been down for over a week now after I did my DiCE install. A couple of mechanics I found in the Dallas TX section have offered to help but have been unable to isolate the problem.

The car will crank but gets no fuel. However, when they jumpered the fuel pump, the car started so the fuel pump is okay and, they believe, the immobiliser is ruled out because there's no key indicator on the dash plus, since it started, there's a spark, which the immobiliser usually prevents.

They think it's something between the fuel pump relay and the fuel pump but they're not familiar with Z4 particulars.

A few days ago I found a link to a PDF which explained the whole signal path when starting the car but now I can't find it. Anyone have this doc or a wiring chart?

I'd really appreciate the help. I'm having car withdrawals.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2011, 12:09 PM   #2
gigtime
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4 2.5i

Looks like my indy mechanic got the diagrams. Hopefully she'll be up and running today. Of course it's snowing again in Dallas so she'll have to sit tight for at least one more day.
Appreciate 0