ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

02-19-2010, 06:32 PM   #1
mousitch
Dark Sider
Rep
Drives: 2008 Space Gray Z4MC

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [7.50]
How to adjust aftermarket exhaust(diablo)

My diablos are not sticking far enough out for me. The inner pipes are flush or just inside the rear valence a small bit. The outer pipes sit 1" to 1-1/2" from the side. I'm wanting to know if there is a way to have them stick out further. For the horizontal and vertical adjustment I loosened the exhaust from the connecting pipes then put pressure up or down on the muffler to get the up , down side to side movement. Then tightened down the connecting pipe clamps in that position. I hope that was the proper way. Couldnt get it anyway else. Connecting them straight to the pipes caused them to be off center and really that was the only way to adjust. No leaks so far.

Just wish I could get them to stick out a bit further. Will post pics as soon as I get my bluetooth adapter back then you can see what I mean.
2008 Space Grey M Coupe-Euro headers-RPI Scoop-Gruppe M CAI-Eisenmann Race Cans-RE X-pipe-ECU Remap with O2 and EGT delete-H&R Sport springs-Zeck CDV delete-Stock Gloss black powder coated wheels-LED Tekarbon Angel Eyes Project-Michelin Super Sports-Hardwired Uniden R7-H&R front and rear spacers-Alarm module added-stereo amp recoded to vert spec settings
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2010, 08:38 AM   #2
esqu1re
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousitch View Post
My diablos are not sticking far enough out for me. The inner pipes are flush or just inside the rear valence a small bit. The outer pipes sit 1" to 1-1/2" from the side. I'm wanting to know if there is a way to have them stick out further. For the horizontal and vertical adjustment I loosened the exhaust from the connecting pipes then put pressure up or down on the muffler to get the up , down side to side movement. Then tightened down the connecting pipe clamps in that position. I hope that was the proper way. Couldnt get it anyway else. Connecting them straight to the pipes caused them to be off center and really that was the only way to adjust. No leaks so far.

Just wish I could get them to stick out a bit further. Will post pics as soon as I get my bluetooth adapter back then you can see what I mean.

Old thread, but I've got the same problem. One side sticks out a little longer than the other and I can't figure out how to lengthen / shorten them.

///M Coupe: RPI Scoop, OE Strut, CDV, Volk RE30, SS Brake Lines, Stromung Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2010, 04:25 PM   #3
franco209
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3 Coupe

what i did was one guy holding the exhaust at the right position, and the other guy tighten up the nuts. I was the one holding the exhaust, so i can't describe more.
Appreciate 0