ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!
View Poll Results: Which suspension would you choose?
H&R Coilovers 2 28.57%
Fortune 500 Coilovers 2 28.57%
Bilstein B6 HD and Eibach 0 0%
Bilstein B12 (Pro-Kit) 0 0%
None of the above 3 42.86%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

03-16-2015, 03:31 PM   #1
Cyclops
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 E91 328i & 07 E86 M

Garage List
Looking for some help on choosing a new suspension

So I have narrowed it down to 4 choices; 2 coilover sets, 2 spring shock combos. Main reason is to lower the car, I don't needed it slammed just come down to close the wheel gap. Need it to be a comfortable rides as 80% of the time my wife and I will just go way for the weekend. However, I do plan on attending 1 or 2 track events a year and enjoy some spirited driving at times. So here are my choices and concerns.

H&R Coilovers : from what I have read there seems to be split on whether they ride hard or not and that's what I'm trying to avoid. But I like the adjustability factor.

Fortune 500: seems people are happy with these and you can choose your spring rates which is a plus. I like that its something different what everybody else is running.

Bilstein B6 HD and Eibach: review on this combo are good, I really have not read a negative about them other then you can adjust the height.

Bilstein B12 (Pro-Kit): lack on info so I'm not sure anyone has ever pulled the trigger on these so makes me wonder? So I'm just throwing it in here as an option.

Last edited by Cyclops; 03-16-2015 at 03:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2015, 04:21 PM   #2
schobyb
Private
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Roadster; 2012 Cayenne

Garage List
2006 BMW Z4MR  [0.00]
I know you have already narrowed down to four choices, but have you taken a look into TCKline? They offer a custom package that seems to be excellent for track and everyday driving. I do not have this setup yet, but other members here do and I have read only good things. Kgolf31 is one of those who I believe has installed this system, maybe he can offer you some feedback.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2015, 04:35 PM   #3
itdnwiwbp
Major
Rep
Drives: 330iZHP

TCK D/As are great but for daily driving/comfort I'd go for a softer spring. I run 400# front, 500# rear (what TCK recommended for mixed street & track driving). They aren't terrible but I've occasionally though it wouldn't be ideal to have to daily drive on them. Also, consider noise from this setup. Again not bad but it is there. I notice it mostly at low speed.
      03-16-2015, 06:17 PM   #4
PLCZ4MC
Proud E86M Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4M Coupe Monaco Blue

I would pick Fortune 500 Coil overs with swift springs and radial bearing mounts. I am pretty sure you can custom the springs rate.
2008 Kawasaki ZX6R Plasma Blue (SOLD)
2008 Z4///M Roadster Space Gray (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 05:27 AM   #5
yonne
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4M Roadster

Hi,

I don't know if you need theses infos. i want only help.
I use a bilstein B16 kit and it's very easy to modify the hardness with the 10 position little wheel.
The positive point, in two minute you can get the perfect hardness for your wife driving, your driving, a long ride, and for the track.
The negative point, it's expensive as a B6-B12 kit.

Sorry for my bad english, i learn.

Have a nice day
Appreciate 2
SDCoupe76.00