ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Regional Forums > Canada
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-17-2013, 02:33 PM   #1
Vaxile
Romania
Rep
Drives: Silver Bullet

Z4 M Coupes for sale near Toronto, ON

Hello guys and gals,

I'm a big Z3 (E36/8, aka Clown Shoe)and Z4 (E86) M Coupe fan and will be looking to buy one during spring-summer 2014.
I will give preference to the E86 M coupe, but a good S54 Z3 M coupe would also be an interesting option.

If you're interested in a Clown Shoe, a very good site to check would be M Coupe Buyers Guide.
They have a detailed weekly market update, with rarity and condition info for each car.

For the E86 M coupes, I haven't found a similar site so I have been trying to track them down using Kijiji, Craigslist, Autotrader.ca, eBay, etc.
I will post the links with some pics for other E86 enthusiasts/potential buyers (like me), that may find this info useful.

Also, this is a useful site to check for the rarity of a specific E86.

Here's some info regarding the E86 M Coupe.
1. A total of 1815 were built for NA (187 Canadian Spec) with 377 for 2006, 1188 for 2007 and 250 for 2008 (93, 60 and 34 respectively).
2. It has an S54 engine (NA I6), rated for 330 hp / 262 lb·ft that has also been used in the E85 Z4 M Roadster, E46 M3, M3 CSL, Z3 M coupe/roadster.
3. The most popular/rare colors are as follows:
  • Black Sapphire Metallic - 592
  • Interlagos Blue Metallic - 297
  • Titanium Silver Metallic - 212
  • Silver Grey Metallic - 209, '06 and '07 model years only
  • Imola Red - 204
  • Alpine White III - 148
  • Sepang Bronze Metallic - 68
  • Space Grey Metallic - 48, '08 model year
  • Monaco Blue Metallic - 36
  • Carbon Black - 1, special ordered I believe.

This is a graph showing the Ext/Int Color combos. I have left the special ordered Carbon Black off the chart.

And the same for Canada.

Useful links with filtered listings on:

On a side note: If you like the shape of the M coupe, but are unable to drive stick, you could be interested in a BMW Z4 3.0si coupe.
Here are some listings on AutoTrader.com, motors.eBay.com.

Last edited by Vaxile; 04-19-2013 at 11:13 AM.. Reason: Changed the sort "from high to low" for link 2 on AutoTrader.ca
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2013, 02:06 PM   #2
Vaxile
Romania
Rep

Hello again,
So after a search in all the usual places, here are the M coupes currently for sale:

1. 2008 White/Red with 76k km : $32,000 (Wanted $39,500 originally, then $37,000, then back at $38,500)

Original ad info:
Quote:
Hi, Im 2nd Owner of this car, and I would like to talk and meet with only serious buyers. CarProof is available too. I am willing to take my car to your mechanic, and let him take a look of my car, so that you feel safe to buy my car.
I've kept my M Coupe in IMMACULATE condition.
Never Winter Driven, Always Kept In Garage.
In terms of rarity, this is what you're looking at:
  • Alpine/Imola: 1 of 57
  • 2008 Alpine/Imola: 1 of 22
  • US 2008 Alpine/Imola: 1 of 19

Quote:
From the pics the car looks good and has the AC Schnitzer side skirts and front bumper, exhaust tips...
All the mods seem to have been removed and the car is back to stock.

He doesn't mention it being Canadian, so I presume it's US-sourced.
Also the interior pic is of a Z roadie... so, maybe the interior has been taken from a Roadster and it's not the original interior. It's just strange to have that picture there.

Quote:
The price is on the high-side, but considering the mods is fairly reasonable, depending if you like the mods and if the wheels are coming with the car.
A stock White/Red 2008 for $32k? Sounds like a good deal to me!

Either way, you can take a look at the add on Kijiji. If the add, disappears, contact the owner at (416) 7 nine 5 - 7 one 66

(updated June 11th: Price $38,5k, 75.5k km and updated link on Kijiji)
(updated Aug 14th: Price 32k, 76k km, in stock form and new link)

Last edited by Vaxile; 08-14-2013 at 04:42 PM.. Reason: Updated price, link to ad and km
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2013, 02:16 PM   #3
Vaxile
Romania
Rep

***SOLD***

2. 2008 Black/ Dark SB with 61k km: $36,000 (dealer dropped the price from $36,900, owner wanted $34,000)

Original ad info:
Quote:
This car has never been winter driven. Gorgeous saphire black with chocolat brown interior. Very rare combo. Car was purchased at Markham BMW.Warranty is transferrable and is valid until May 2014
Car is an absolute rocket.
I'm getting back into riding my motorcycle this summer and already have another sports car,so this was the odd car out!

Thanks for inquiring Sandro Ferrari
Quote:
OBSIDIAN BLACK WITH MOCHA LEATHER INTERIOR. 3.2 LITRE IN-LINE 6 CYLINDER WITH 330HP. PREMIUM PACKAGE INCLUDES STEREO RDS SYSTEM WITH AM/FM AND CD PLAYER, 12 SPEAKERS, POWER SEATS WITH MEMORY, BMW ASSIST WITH BLUETOOTH, CRUISE CONTROL, HEATED SEATS AND XENON HEADLAMPS. CARBON DASH TRIM. ONTARIO VEHICLE AND CAR PROOF VERIFIED.
  • Black/DSB: 1 of 32
  • 2008 Black/DSB: 1 of 4
  • Canadian 2008 Black/DSB: 1 of 1

There were 2 ads: one on AutoTrader by a dealer ($36k) and the other was on Kijiji by the owner ($34k).

This looks like an all original car. Dealer confirmed he has all service records and the car is clean. He also confirmed it is as presumed the LM08692.
The owner said he bought a Porsche and is looking to move the car through his childhood friends at Daytona Auto (the dealer) and that if you're interested in the car, you should call the dealer and ask for Steve, who may be willing to negotiate...

Taking into consideration the rarity (Canadian) and hopefully good condition (unmolested, all original), $34k would be a very good price. Unfortunately the dealer wants $36,000 so it's up to you to negotiate.

***SOLD***

Last edited by Vaxile; 06-11-2013 at 02:08 PM.. Reason: Updated: Sold
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2013, 02:35 PM   #4
Vaxile
Romania
Rep

***SOLD***

3. 2006 Monaco/ Light SB with 32k km: $32,000

Original ad Info:
Quote:
2006 Z4 M Coupe for sale. Rare monaco blue metallic with sepang light bronze interior. Canadian car, purchased and serviced by BMW. Low mileage occasional weekend driver, never winter driven and always properly stored indoors. Excellent condition and incredible to drive. No accidents or repairs. Includes bespoke Hayward & Scott exhaust or the original factory exhaust can be reinstalled. Never been raced, always been babied. Please email with any questions.
  • Monaco/LSB: 1 of 7
  • 2006 Monaco/LSB: 1 of 1
  • Canadian 2006 Monaco/LSB: 1 of 1

With mileage so low and rarity, the year shouldn't matter much and as such the price is very good. This car is a 1 of 1 for all 2006 made for NA and with Monaco's being so rare, it's a definite grab, if you're a fan of this color.

Taking into consideration the rarity, that it's also Canadian and hopefully in as good a condition the owner says it is, $32k is a very good price.

Of course, there may be skeletons in the closet with either of these cars and a good check-up at a trusted BMW mechanic is obligatory for all of them.

I also like the HDR pic, shows some love for the car.

Last edited by Vaxile; 04-26-2013 at 11:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2013, 02:47 PM   #5
Vaxile
Romania
Rep

***SOLD***

4. 2008 Black/Imola with 55k km: $36,900

Original ad Info:
Quote:
*********** SORRY THIS VEHICLE IS SOLD ***********

JUST ARRIVED... RARE CANADIAN VEHICLE, CAR PROOF VERIFIED WITH THE POWER AND STYLE TO IMPRESS... M SERIES ROCKET 0-60 MPH IN 4.9 SEC... BEAUTIFUL CONDITION... SATISFACTION GUARANTEED... 7-DAY EXCHANGE
  • Black/Imola: 1 of 64
  • 2008 Black/Imola: 1 of 14
  • Canadian 2008 Black/Imola: 1 of 3

I know a lot of you like this color combo and it was a great occasion to buy it. Unfortunately, we're too late and it's already sold. Let's hope the new owner will join us on the forum and we'll get to see this car at one of the meets.

... I'm just surprised so many Canadian cars are for sale.

The ad is still on AutoTrader for more pics, in case you want to torture yourself for missiong out on this one.

***SOLD***

Last edited by Vaxile; 04-20-2013 at 10:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2013, 03:10 PM   #6
Vaxile
Romania
Rep

***SOLD***

5. 2008 Black/Light SB with 64k km: $30,900

Original ad Info:
Quote:
I've kept my M Coupe in IMMACULATE condition. Very rare, only 1815 coupes were built for the North American market. Out of those, only 27 coupes were made in this color combination.
Exterior Color: BLACK SAPPHIRE METALLIC. Interior color: SEPANG BRONZE
6 Cylinder with BMW's proven 3.2 Liter M engine produces 333hp.
Premium Pkg, Navigation System, Power seats with Memory, 3-way heated seats, etc..
Never modded or tracked. All service history & maintenance records available.
No test drives, serious buyers only. If interested, please email me a number to contact you on.
  • Black/LSB: 1 of 27
  • 2008 Black/LSB: 1 of 5
  • US 2008 Black/LSB: 1 of 3

By the pics it looks like simple Light SB and not the Extended Light SB, it's also a US car, since the Temp gauge is in *F.
The mileage is on the higher end and the price is fairly good. Don't like the whole no test drive mention, but it's understandable.
I'd ask for a test run, where he would drive the car, just to make sure all is fine.

***SOLD***

Last edited by Vaxile; 04-20-2013 at 10:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 02:29 PM   #7
Vaxile
Romania
Rep

2006 Black/Imola with 22k km: $34,900

***SOLD***

6. 2006 Black/Imola with 22k km: $34,900

Original ad Info:
Quote:
2006 M Coupe for sale. Black with red interior. Very low kilometers, 22,000, summer driven only and properly stored indoors under a custom BMW cover. This car is equipped with the Premium Package along with Bluetooth and a 6 CD changer. It has every option except navi. This car is in excellent condition with no accidents or repairs and all service has been done by BMW. Certified and E-tested.
Serious inquiries only. I reserve the right to refuse test drives and the car will be shown by appointment only. This is a beautiful car that has always been babied. Thanks for viewing.
  • Black/Imola: 1 of 64
  • 2006 Black/Imola: 1 of 15
  • Canadian 2006 Black/Imola: 1 of 9

I know a lot of you are fans of the Imola interior so I don't have to say much, except it has 22k km... That's collectors territory!

I have seen only one M coupe with less miles than that... (a 2008 Interlagos with 12k, sold by GTA last year)

Taking into consideration the mileage, that it's also Canadian, $35k is a very good price. The AW/IR above is being sold for $4k more and it has 50k km extra... So think about it!

To finish this, I'll only say that if I'd be in the market right now, I'd jump all over this opportunity!

Last edited by Vaxile; 08-14-2013 at 04:32 PM.. Reason: Sold or taken off Kijiji and AutoTrader
Appreciate 0