ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Wheels and Tires
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-21-2016, 02:20 PM   #1
Ryan13
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4MC, Z4MR, M3, E36, M2, 535

BFG g-Force Sport Comp-2

Anyone have any experience with these tires? I was at Costo today ordering a set of PSS for the track and the salesperson suggested these. I still purchased the PSS, but they seem like an interesting tire.

I know BFG is owned by Michelin and the Comp-2 sounds a lot like the PSS. Just wondering if anyone has tried them out.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2016, 03:45 PM   #2
XMetal
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [10.00]
2018 Audi S3  [0.00]
2004 X5  [8.50]
PSS and Comp-2 are in different categories. PSS is a Max Performance tire, while Comp-2 is an Ultra-High Performance tire. So, it won't be a fair comparison to do between the 2.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2016, 08:26 AM   #3
Ryan13
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4MC, Z4MR, M3, E36, M2, 535

I've seen the categories and ratings on Tire Rack as well. I've also read posts on the M5 and M3 boards stating that they are a pretty good comparison to the PSS. I'm not sure any of the respondents were using them on the track.

I would expect the performance to be a little less...but how much and to what extent is the question(s). 235 front and 265 rear priced out about $200 less than the PSS. Am I concerned about $200...no. I just want to know if anyone has a qualifying opinion. I run 3 sports cars...they may be a good option for one of the roadsters if not on the track. With my extremely limited experience with setting up and maintaining a track car, and virtually no drive-time of my own, I'm trying to make the right investments for maximum return. If the tires hold up similar to the PSS in a track environment, I may be willing to trade a 1 second differential for $200 savings.

Like I said, I purchased the PSS. My current delimna is that I have new 225/255 PS2 on the coupe now. I wanted the increased size and the PSS seems to have a better wear and heat cycle longevity. So I'm thinking I'll use the PS2 on the street and the larger PSS on the track. The PS2 might return a better on-track performance, but it is softer tire...I'm hoping to get at least 8-10 track sessions from a tire.
Appreciate 0