ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > BMW Z4 Photos, Photoshops, Videos and other Media
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

11-26-2011, 10:19 PM   #23
claritycheck
Rolling Republic
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisisdudewhoru View Post
Looks amazing. Can't believe you're rocking such a expensive kit and then some replica wheels.
I didn't want to say it, but truth! I can't say shit though cause I have a set of Miros too LOL.
      11-27-2011, 12:44 AM   #24
yellowmasta
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by e for effort View Post
Fuuuu. You have come a long ways man! Mississippi is deep. Did you have the car shipped over here or you drove? Sorry if I'm being nosey. It's odd that you ended up in Sacramento of all places in California, lol. Hopefully we'll be more acquainted tomorrow morning!
Well, I actually purchased the car in Pasedena and had it shipped to Mississippi. Then when my company changed locations, I drove it here because I was afraid that the shipping company would screw it up. Good thing too becuase they messed up a bunch of peoples cars on that move. Although, it did get a little beat up on the way here. But the drive was worth it!!!

Arkym CF front lip, CF OEM trunk scoop, Arkym CF rear diffuser
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2011, 12:46 AM   #25
yellowmasta
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fercho View Post
I have a 2.5 so I dont think is going to be that complicated to do the install, I am thinking on getting the sonar bc one of my headlight is broke and the other one has 3 broken taps, so I need to replace them ASP. how's the halo and the light projection on the sonar?? do you recommend them??
Thats a good reason to replace them. Almost the same exact reason I did the same. As for the halos.....they aren't that great. They look awesome at night but you can't tell they're even on during the day.

Appreciate 0
      11-27-2011, 12:54 AM   #26
yellowmasta
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries326 View Post
This sounds like a stupid question, but I've never seen a car in person with a matte finish. What's the surface feel like? Does it get dirty easier? Is it more difficult to clean?
Not a dumb question at all because I know that when people see my car in the walmart parking lot they rub their hands all over it to see what it feels like.

Well, I was told that the reason that it feels rough is because the molecules are actually shaped like pyramids as opposed to being round and smooth like normal paint. Wheather this is true or not is beyond me but I'll buy it for now. And to answer your question it is rough feeling. Keeping it clean is a pain though. Oils from people's hands are the biggest pain along with bugs. The worst thing about the paint is that if you ever get a scratch or a knick then it's gotta be repainted because you can't touch it up. A wrap would have been much easier but I like it.

Appreciate 0
      11-27-2011, 01:35 AM   #27
Aries326
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4 3.0si, 2013 E92 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2013 E92 M3  [0.00]
2008 BMW Z4 3.0si  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowmasta View Post
Not a dumb question at all because I know that when people see my car in the walmart parking lot they rub their hands all over it to see what it feels like.

Well, I was told that the reason that it feels rough is because the molecules are actually shaped like pyramids as opposed to being round and smooth like normal paint. Wheather this is true or not is beyond me but I'll buy it for now. And to answer your question it is rough feeling. Keeping it clean is a pain though. Oils from people's hands are the biggest pain along with bugs. The worst thing about the paint is that if you ever get a scratch or a knick then it's gotta be repainted because you can't touch it up. A wrap would have been much easier but I like it.
No doubt that car looks hot! The CF pieces on it adds a nice touch. That would drive me nuts too if I saw people rubbing their greasy fingers all over it. You must use a different method of washing the car. Ever consider putting a bra on it to minimize the chips in the front? I know kinda cheesy, but a black leather bra on a matte black car may not look too bad.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2011, 04:57 AM   #28
yellowmasta
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries326 View Post
Quote:

No doubt that car looks hot! The CF pieces on it adds a nice touch. That would drive me nuts too if I saw people rubbing their greasy fingers all over it. You must use a different method of washing the car. Ever consider putting a bra on it to minimize the chips in the front? I know kinda cheesy, but a black leather bra on a matte black car may not look too bad.
I use Dawn dish soap to wash it believe it or not. Can't use anything that has any waxes in it and no buffing. I did think about a bra but then it wouldn't fit over the awesome Arkym splitter so I would have to remove it. Unless you know of one that would fit?

Appreciate 0
      11-27-2011, 11:28 AM   #29
md2mhk
Private
Rep
Drives: 08 BMW M Coupe

Quote:
I use Dawn dish soap to wash it believe it or not. Can't use anything that has any waxes in it and no buffing. I did think about a bra but then it wouldn't fit over the awesome Arkym splitter so I would have to remove it. Unless you know of one that would fit?
clearbra? btw nice job
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2011, 05:39 PM   #30
yellowmasta
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by md2mhk View Post
Quote:
clearbra? btw nice job
Well a clear bra would just make the whole front end look shiny.

Appreciate 0
      11-27-2011, 11:42 PM   #31
Aries326
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4 3.0si, 2013 E92 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2013 E92 M3  [0.00]
2008 BMW Z4 3.0si  [9.00]
I wonder if there is anything at Ziebart that you can get that will still preserve the matte finish?
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 02:15 PM   #32
esqu1re
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

The paint job looks good, but I'm just not a fan of the primer look.

///M Coupe: RPI Scoop, OE Strut, CDV, Volk RE30, SS Brake Lines, Stromung Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 03:47 PM   #33
ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Z4MR

Hate to bust your balls but I agree that those wheels cheapen the look, but the rest looks pretty good!
      11-30-2011, 04:19 PM   #34
VinnieAces
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Imola Red Z4MC

Garage List
2006 Z4 M Coupe  [8.00]
i dont see how the wheels actually cheapen the look since if instead of miro caps there had been BBS caps everyone would be bending over backwards saying how the wheels enrich the look

But i obviously do agree that the real things would be better than the reps (not for looks, just for authenticity)
      11-30-2011, 05:21 PM   #35
ZeD4Mr
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Skyer Z4MR

IMHO, matte black has been played out around here. There isn't one day I don't see a matte black car drive around (SL63, CLS63, M3, SLK, E63, G37, IS350, M6 etc)

Matte White is better but getting there, too
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 05:45 PM   #36
claritycheck
Rolling Republic
United_States
Rep

Matte orange is the way to go.
      12-13-2011, 06:52 PM   #37
seank
enthusiast
Rep
Drives: e30 m3,e90 wagon,sprinter,z4m

I have seen this car in person multiple times in Downtown Sacramento and it is very clean and beautiful.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 08:42 PM   #38
Shipkiller
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Me

Garage List
Talk to me about the Sonar Headlights. I did a quick Google search and the first five sites have nothing for a Z4.

Since I have to replace a headlight assembly, this might be the time to investigate something new.

edit.

Found a site.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 10:31 PM   #39
fitchesbass
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
Looks cool but why didn't you paint the reflectors too?
LOL agreed with the reflectors. I think I'd probably do a vinyl wrap before a paint job in the event I got tired of the "look".
E86 Z4M - Sold
E36 M3 - Sold
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 08:06 AM   #40
yellowmasta
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by seank View Post
I have seen this car in person multiple times in Downtown Sacramento and it is very clean and beautiful.
Thanks dude!! Yeah I live on J Street so that's why you see me a lot.

Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 08:10 AM   #41
yellowmasta
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipkiller View Post
Talk to me about the Sonar Headlights. I did a quick Google search and the first five sites have nothing for a Z4.

Since I have to replace a headlight assembly, this might be the time to investigate something new.

edit.

Found a site.
Well, the sonar headlights aren't made for an M model Z. The high beam for a non M is on one side of the light and the low is on the other. The M only has a bulb in one projector. So this means when you install the lights you won't have any highbeams. One thing you could try is getting a BiXenon HID kit so that you won't have to worry about it. They fit great though. But aligning them are a serious bitch!!!!

Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 01:31 PM   #42
seank
enthusiast
Rep

In the 800 J lofts?
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 05:37 PM   #43
yellowmasta
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by seank View Post
In the 800 J lofts?
Yep!

Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 10:49 PM   #44
seank
enthusiast
Rep

Hmmm. I might hit you up for a drive. I drive and race bmw's, but I still have not driven the car that I am thinking of buying. Just want to make sure. E92 m3 or z4m?
Appreciate 0