ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

09-22-2014, 01:25 PM   #1
texasoz
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW M Roadster

2006 BMW M Roadster (Houston TX)

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Owner moving overseas, have to let my baby go. Lovingly cared for/garaged/detailed so looking for a good home only! Silver exterior, black interior. 38,500 miles. Interior as new - leather seats nourished, various trim items replaced including steering wheel. No accidents, non-smoker. Single BMW mechanic since purchase. Recent new clutch plate and new side mirrors. Minor nicks in wheels. Asking $30,500.

Last edited by texasoz; 09-22-2014 at 01:26 PM.. Reason: Missing price.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2014, 07:11 AM   #2
jdoublehcubed
Mechanical Engineer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4MR, Imola Red

Your price is way out of line, try $26k.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2014, 10:11 AM   #3
texasoz
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW M Roadster

Add $4k for never having seen snow, ice and salt.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2014, 10:16 AM   #4
itdnwiwbp
Major
Rep
Drives: 330iZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoublehcubed View Post
Your price is way out of line, try $26k.
Nothing wrong with his price if someone pays it. Good luck, OP.
      09-23-2014, 12:25 PM   #5
Spaceman Spiff
Captain
Rep
Drives: R8, 996 C2, Z4MR (sold)

No pics?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2014, 12:57 PM   #6
PLCZ4MC
Proud E86M Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4M Coupe Monaco Blue

That is like the price of a Coupe with even more millages on it XD
2008 Kawasaki ZX6R Plasma Blue (SOLD)
2008 Z4///M Roadster Space Gray (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2014, 02:45 PM   #7
HEY32G
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 sdrive35is

I'm not trying to be a horses ass, but I keep a spreadsheet on available Z4MR's across the country listed for less than $30,000, and your price is pretty high. There are cars with far less mileage and for quite a bit less money. I see a new listing that I consider high, and then wait to see how they drop the price every two months. Plus, this is not the time of year to be trying to sell one. For us Texans it doesn't matter, but for much of the rest of the country it would have to go into storage in about two months.

Today CarMax listed an '08 w/ 19k for $31,998. They'd charge $749 to deliver it to my local lot.

If you're leaving the country I'd hate to see you get stuck with it and have to dump it at the end. Really, not trying to piss in your Corn Flakes, just some thoughts.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2014, 07:09 PM   #8
AmmarYasirA
Ammar
United_States
Rep
Drives: a lot

Hey, you never know when a spark might trend. Granted I have seen cheaper Z4MR's. But if one sets a high price and others follow suit, in the end maybe everyone might do the same.

You do you man. But I will say these cars are going for cheaper.

My.02
      09-23-2014, 07:27 PM   #9
KLH
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 3.0si

It's likely the OP has thought of this, but, how soon do you have to sell the car? Like most things that are priced at the higher end, it usually takes longer to attract a buyer. There's nothing worse than being backed into a corner, having to make drastic price reductions to unload it. No matter what the asking price is, pics are definitely needed. GLWS
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2014, 09:22 PM   #10
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

I think when someone posts a price that others think is too high the others move along and not comment on it. When your neighbor lists his house for more than you think it is worth do you rush over and tell them or hope they get it?
      09-24-2014, 08:27 AM   #11
jdoublehcubed
Mechanical Engineer
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
I think when someone posts a price that others think is too high the others move along and not comment on it. When your neighbor lists his house for more than you think it is worth do you rush over and tell them or hope they get it?
Depends. Has he lived there for years, and had an amicable relationship? Or did he move in last week and let his dog shit on your lawn in the meantime?

I wouldn't comment on a longtime user's for sale thread if it was too high, because they've been here a while and made other contributions to the community. Once you've been here a while you presumably are aware of what things sell for and can be assumed to be pricing your car/items high for a specific reason.

This seller joined and then immediately posted his car for sale, never made a single post in any other forum. This in and of itself is not that bad if it was at least priced at a reasonable level. But instead he came in for no other reason than to sell, and is trying to sell at a very inflated price. There are other forum users trying to sell cars that are actually worth those prices, and I'm sure they don't appreciate the higher range market being cluttered by cars that have no chance of selling at those prices.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2014, 08:53 AM   #12
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Quote:
Depends. Has he lived there for years, and had an amicable relationship? Or did he move in last week and let his dog shit on your lawn in the meantime?

I wouldn't comment on a longtime user's for sale thread if it was too high, because they've been here a while and made other contributions to the community. Once you've been here a while you presumably are aware of what things sell for and can be assumed to be pricing your car/items high for a specific reason.

This seller joined and then immediately posted his car for sale, never made a single post in any other forum. This in and of itself is not that bad if it was at least priced at a reasonable level. But instead he came in for no other reason than to sell, and is trying to sell at a very inflated price. There are other forum users trying to sell cars that are actually worth those prices, and I'm sure they don't appreciate the higher range market being cluttered by cars that have no chance of selling at those prices.
You completely missed his point. You would obviously want the neighbor's house to sell higher, which in turn would make your house more valuable. The best thing for all of us is if this gentleman could sell his car for that $30,500. It's not going to happen, but I sure wish him well.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2014, 09:12 AM   #13
itdnwiwbp
Major
Rep
Drives: 330iZHP

Quote:

I like this forum because there aren't too many (any?) tough guys with no manners. Lets not change that. As I said, GLWS OP.
      09-24-2014, 09:35 AM   #14
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:

So basically he hasn't earned the right to sell it for more than you think it is worth?

I also don't think my analogy was correct. Commenting that the price is too high on a forum is similar to going to the neighbors Open House, getting all of the potential buyers and the seller together and pointing out that the house is priced too high. From above I guess ok if the neighbor hasn't lived there very long.

Many forums don't allow people to comment on sellers price unless they ask and I wish this one was the same.
      09-24-2014, 10:30 AM   #15
Spedracer81
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
You completely missed his point. You would obviously want the neighbor's house to sell higher, which in turn would make your house more valuable. The best thing for all of us is if this gentleman could sell his car for that $30,500. It's not going to happen, but I sure wish him well.
Agreed, I hope he sells it for that, means mines worth more..

| 2008 Interlagos Blue Z4MC |
| AA Tuning | RPI Scoop | H&R Sport Springs | Sportline CS 16 CSL Wheels | Magna Flow Custom Exhaust |
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2014, 12:39 PM   #16
jdoublehcubed
Mechanical Engineer
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So basically he hasn't earned the right to sell it for more than you think it is worth?

I also don't think my analogy was correct. Commenting that the price is too high on a forum is similar to going to the neighbors Open House, getting all of the potential buyers and the seller together and pointing out that the house is priced too high. From above I guess ok if the neighbor hasn't lived there very long.

Many forums don't allow people to comment on sellers price unless they ask and I wish this one was the same.
Its not what I think its worth, its what clear and well documented sales data show its worth. Not the same thing.

And given how many people have cars for sale that have been longtime members, if my comments that it is too expensive drive buyers to those longtime members with more reasonably priced cars, so much the better. This isn't craigslist, its a community of enthusiasts. Someone who has never posted here before doesn't have some god-given right to come in and expect the same privileges. Thats what craigslist is for.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2014, 07:29 PM   #17
HEY32G
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 sdrive35is

Quote:
First of all when my neighbor does that, I pray he gets his price because it would make mine appraise higher when I want to sell.

Second, I'm guilty of saying this price is too high. I was not trying to be a jerk at all. I value the fact that we have a very friendly board here and had my reservations about posting my comments. I've been on other forums (Audi) where everything you post you get a smart @$$ comment. Nothing but jerks. I just quit going to that forum even though I owned an Audi. This is by far the best forum out there and I value everyone's input. My point was that in all likelihood, he will not be able to sell at that price and if he's leaving the country, he may wind up having to dump it and get less than he could have in the first place had he priced it better. Maybe I'm wrong, but from what I see, I don't think I am.

Third, I've been in the market for an M Roadster for way too long. Long story that I won't go into. I'm an analytical person, so I analyze the prices and trends. When trying to buy, it's very frustrating when people price the car too high, won't budge and then months later have it listed for $5,000 less than their original price. I made an offer on one about 8 months ago, and they laughed at my offer, 4 months later they had it listed for less than my offer and it still took another two months to sell it. I tried to tell them, but they thought I was a crazy lowballer. There are a number of M Roadsters that have been on the market for well over a year.

The fact is, these are amazing cars and really should sell for more than they do, and at some point will start increasing in value, but right now they just don't bring what everyone thinks they should.
Appreciate 0