ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

09-02-2013, 05:20 PM   #1
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Sakhir M3 ZCP

It's official

I think I've officially become a junkie. Had a dream about being on the Ring last night. Woke up excited to go drive...and I'm not there. feelsbadman.jpg

What is it about this car that makes us go crazy for it? I've never missed a car like I do when I'm not there. A year in Korea was brutal, but throw in garage time over the German winter and now being deployed for the summer (get back just in time for winter again!) I've owned this car for 3 years now and have driven it maybe half that. However, when it is driven, she's driven hard. HPDE's I've done, track days, Autobahn to and from work everyday, been on the Ring once and have plans for next season that include Ring, Spa, Hockenheim, and whatever I can find that they'll let me drive on.

I can't help but scour these forums for good ideas and tips and tricks, and end up spending way too much money on mods. haha

Love my Z!

Thread was more of a 'missing my car' thread, but any discussions why you love your ride or any dreams you've had since owning it are welcome!
      09-02-2013, 06:46 PM   #2
yousefnjr
salty cowboys fan
Rep
Drives: ‘06 Z4MR, ‘20 X7, ‘22 M4x

I feel the same way brother... I'm away in Vegas right now and not even Sin City can keep my mind off my Z!

... the gf caught me browsing zpost while at the pool... Don't judge!
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2013, 06:49 PM   #3
itdnwiwbp
Major
Rep
Drives: 330iZHP

I got married a few months ago and my wife and I decided to exercise my condo in Anchorage a little more by living there full time instead of me commuting back and forth to CA. After a couple months we're both ready to go back to CA for various reasons - southbound tickets purchased for Friday though I have to be back in AK after less than a week :-( - but I must admit one of my top two or three reasons for wanting to spend most of my off time in CA was missing my car. It's been very lonely the past couple months and I can't wait to give it some exercise on Friday or Saturday!
      09-04-2013, 08:29 AM   #4
Nate4641
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 M Roadster

Garage List
I know that feeling bro. My car is in my parents' garage in Maryland and I've been stationed in Germany for over a year now. I've gone back home a couple times, but it always sucks to not be able to drive it.
      09-04-2013, 08:46 AM   #5
ricanbandit
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 30i

I hear you. My GF's kids were all cracking on me the other day. "My mom's boyfriends likes to go places and take pictures of his car". I showed them the forum, and Facebook and Instagram, yeah we are not alone! This is also my DD (when it is not raining or snowing)