ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

02-16-2012, 04:36 PM   #23
davesz4mc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 z4mc

The OP's AeroTurbines are not resonated, the resonaters take out alot of the high raspy noises and leave the lower and the resonated eliminate ALOT of the drone his system still has. I have a non-resonated like his on my GTI Turbo, the baddest sounding four banger you will hear. It has a seperate resonater on it.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 08:37 PM   #24
bignosejim
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 IB M Coupe

Do you have pics of your exhaust piping? I'd like to see what it looks like with the resonators. I'll try to post some pics of mine and maybe get a short video at a standstill.
To me, my car doesn't sound too raspy. What drone they have doesn't bother me (I can still have a conversation while driving).
Your car does sound a lot like mine though.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 11:37 PM   #25
txz4
Major
Rep
Drives: 2006 M coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignosejim View Post
Do you have pics of your exhaust piping? I'd like to see what it looks like with the resonators. I'll try to post some pics of mine and maybe get a short video at a standstill.
To me, my car doesn't sound too raspy. What drone they have doesn't bother me (I can still have a conversation while driving).
Your car does sound a lot like mine though.
seriously considering going this route, just couldnt imagine messing with the RPI sound.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 12:43 AM   #26
midn12ght
gearhead goddess
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 sdrive35is

Quote:
Originally Posted by v3.0si View Post
do you have any pics of this from behind and/or underneath? we non-///m folks want to see more! if this can be done for < $800~ i would certainly consider this over the eisenmann alternative... assuming the single-tip exhaust is magically my style all of a sudden.
non-m...now i can't recall if it was an AR25 or the 2525. looks just like the one in the video, less the tip.

Appreciate 0