ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-24-2011, 04:22 PM   #1
sho-one
MMA fighter and F1 test driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4///M coupe bulletproof

SS Power loop and X-pipe installed

So I've had the ///M coupe for about two months now. So far I've blacked out the grills, installed some LED lighting, ZHP shift knob, stubby antenna...all minor mods.

I've also taken the ///M coupe on a HPDE doing aprox 60 laps and getting a good feel for the car. I loved the car since the day I got her and promised myself that after the minor mods above I was done. She was perfect, plus I shouldn't be spending anymore money on her.

However, the modification virus is too strong in my system. Since the track day I felt she needed two things. A) better tires and lighter rims, and B) needs to sound more intimidating without drone. So I told myself, after my next deployment or maybe next year I would invest in some upgrades, but for now I'm through...

Then MyKmYk put his Super Sprint X-pipe and Power loop exhaust for sale in the classified as well as his AFE intake. I couldn't resist the opportunity. I've been going back and forth on what exhaust to get, finally deciding on either an RE El Diablo or Remus because the Eisemann and SS were too expensive. However MyKmYk listed his system for a great deal and I couldn't pass it up.

Shipping was awesome, I've never revived a better packed auto part I bought from a third party online.

Here are some pics

STOCK

SS

STOCK

SS

couple more shots, review to follow.

NOW:08 M.Coupe SMB #102/248 #1669/1815
:|MORRVS8|APEX8|SS.X-pipe|SS.PW.Loop|AFE.intake|Matte.grill|short.ant|Z HP.knob|interior.LED|bulletproof
09 Audi Q5

THEN:96Accord|98Camry|04TSX SC|06 M3|06A4|05Civic Si|05Imprezza|05S2000|08FJ
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 04:29 PM   #2
ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Z4MR

Powerloops should sound great with the afe intake. I'm personally going with just headers for now, instead of mufflers, since they have a much bigger performance enhancement. Headers, x-pipe, AND powerloops might be too loud for my dd activities.

Let us know how it sounds, or better yet, record it
      05-24-2011, 08:31 PM   #3
r4gs
Viper Driver
Singapore
Rep
Drives: F-16

those look gorgeous i'm interested to hear the afe, x-pipe and powerloop combination.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 09:43 PM   #4
sho-one
United_States
Rep

Review:

Install: The SS powerloop and Xpipe installed with no issues. I did use a couple of spacers to align the hangers just right. We also removed the section 1 to lower the exhaust to access the upper bolts.

Impressions: Fit and finish were top notch. After install, I drove around the block to get a feel for it. The engine felt like it rev'd soother and there was a little more grumble down low. There was absolutely no drone. However I did feel like the system was a little too quite for my taste. It sounded like a more refined version on the stock exhaust with more grumble down low and a higher pitch up top. Once you rev it, it never gets obnoxiously loud, but does sound a lot sweeter. I'd say about a 20% increase is sound if you get on it vs. stock which is nice cause i can still enjoy my radio just fine. Plus they look gorgeous. I bet is sounds sweet if I end up getting headers and probably makes more of a difference in terms of sound and performance. But right now I don't want to mess with relocating o2 sensors and what not.

The next day I installed the AFE hot air intake and thats when everything came together. The AFE intake made a huge sound difference, the ///M coupe now growls at you every time you give it some gas. It sounds amazing with the Super Sprint combination. Your audio senses are filled from both the front and the back of the car harmoniously. Sometimes you'll just tap the gas to hear it growl and bark. I was very hesitant on getting the AFE at first, because the stock system prob gives you more power, but it may be the single most enjoyable mod to date on the ///M coupe from behind the wheel. Driving is an experience, any mod that enhances your driving experience is worth if, even if it doesn't give you much more HP.
:|MORRVS8|APEX8|SS.X-pipe|SS.PW.Loop|AFE.intake|Matte.grill|short.ant|Z HP.knob|interior.LED|bulletproof
09 Audi Q5

Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 10:08 PM   #5
Starscream
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: ///M Roadster + E92 335i 6MT

Wondefull!

I have almost the same setup,
I have a GruppeM intake, and supersprint V2's

But the powerloop and x pips is an amazing not over the top sound

Grats

Imola Red Roadster
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 07:11 AM   #6
sho-one
United_States
Rep

Thanks starscream, I bet with the headers and the GruppeM it sounds even more amazing! Did you modify your section 1 and relocate your o2 sensors? I may do the headers later down the line.
09 Audi Q5

Appreciate 0