ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

02-04-2009, 10:05 AM   #1
goldguilexx
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: mini

Its done! I got my car back!!

After sometime now, my car is finished, well..........98% finished but anyway. Its close enough where i can drive it again!! Ill post up a few pics under the cosmetic mods section!! Go check it out and let me know what you think!! ill post better pics up soon after i get a chance to take some nice shots. The pics on there are from last night when it was getting its finishing touches.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2009, 10:21 AM   #2
bkz4mc
Mars Bitches... Red Rocks !
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe

Congrats... Mine's outta commission AGAIN for about 2 weeks. These mods are really biting into the enjoyment of a new car... It's been sitting WAAAAYYY more than I've driven it since I got it in Dec.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2009, 10:25 AM   #3
goldguilexx
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

lol! tell me about it. As soon as i got my new rims it when into the shop! the rims and tires are still new!!lol! then im gonna end up selling them for something a bbit more aggresive. Kinda like the VMS wheels they are coming out with.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2009, 10:45 AM   #4
bkz4mc
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldguilexx View Post
lol! tell me about it. As soon as i got my new rims it when into the shop! the rims and tires are still new!!lol! then im gonna end up selling them for something a bbit more aggresive. Kinda like the VMS wheels they are coming out with.
Nice, I got Roman's VS 7 Morrs which are really nice...

I like the VMS wheels ( 710 ) cuz they look super aggressive, plus they're really affordable. HOWEVER, they're pretty heavy compared to some other options out there. I think the 19's are around 25lbs each for the front and the rears are around 26 / 27. That much weight difference compared to a forged wheel makes ALOT of difference in handling and acceleration... Just an FYI in case you didn't consider that.

If you did, I stop talking... hahahaha

B
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2009, 10:59 AM   #5
goldguilexx
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

hmm you have a good point....... well unless i get some light weight bbs wheels i might have to go for looks over performance on the wheels
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2009, 11:05 AM   #6
bkz4mc
United_States
Rep

Yeah, that's the prob... a decent set of forged wheels will cost you at least $2500...

I'm looking at getting some Advan RS for track / auto x wheels in a 18". They're not forged, but they only weight 17 lbs for the front and 18 or so for the backs ( I think ). You can get them for around $2200 a set if you shop around.

They don't have that slick CSL look to them however...
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2009, 11:45 AM   #7
Mikewarlover
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: white

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkz4mc View Post
Nice, I got Roman's VS 7 Morrs which are really nice...

I like the VMS wheels ( 710 ) cuz they look super aggressive, plus they're really affordable. HOWEVER, they're pretty heavy compared to some other options out there. I think the 19's are around 25lbs each for the front and the rears are around 26 / 27. That much weight difference compared to a forged wheel makes ALOT of difference in handling and acceleration... Just an FYI in case you didn't consider that.

If you did, I stop talking... hahahaha

B
So you are the bastard that got the VS7 from roman you said you will think about it and then sent the payment... lol i was right after you and wanted the rims so bad damn you ..... well i got the vs8 now so
      02-04-2009, 01:43 PM   #8
bkz4mc
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikewarlover View Post
So you are the bastard that got the VS7 from roman you said you will think about it and then sent the payment... lol i was right after you and wanted the rims so bad damn you ..... well i got the vs8 now so
MUAAHAHHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!

Appreciate 0