ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-28-2012, 03:56 PM   #1
mike519
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

Western NY Recommended Drives

Hi all,

I am from Waterloo, Ontario...about 90 minutes from Buffalo. I enjoy a good drive and am frequently in Buffalo/Niagara. I am looking for some suggested driving routes.

What I hope to do is spend the night in Buffalo, tour drive on a saturday, then an overnight up towards Rochester or somewhere in the Rochester/Buffalo/Corning triangle. Ideally, I would lie to drive down towards Bradford, PA (Allegheny area) then east/north east then north.

I am looking for some great driving roads and quiet little towns to see. Off the beaten path but with good roads. Love the mountains/hills in the Allegheny area.

Any suggestions for a basic route and/or places to see?

Thanks!

Mike

PS. Will be looking for other Z owners from here to join me...anyone there is welcome as well.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2012, 12:28 AM   #2
Aries326
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4 3.0si, 2013 E92 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2013 E92 M3  [0.00]
2008 BMW Z4 3.0si  [9.00]
I live over in Pittsford, NY. I like driving the back roads going to work in Canandaigua. Driving around the lake is always fun. The local Genesee Valley BMWCCA chapter met up a few weeks ago at Letchworth State Park. I guess the driving around there is pretty good.
      08-20-2012, 08:47 PM   #3
Beech-Z4
Rep
Drives: 2004 Black Z4

Summer & Fall - Great Drive

All the Finger Lakes are GREAT to drive around. There are many back roads around them and between them. If I am ever headed from Elmira/Corning area to Syracuse or Rochester I like to head up to Watkins and along the West Side of Seneca Lake to Geneva. I actually live close to Watkins Glen Race Track and love taking back roads around here. Once the leaves start changing, through on a sweatshirt, turn on the heated seat and maybe even the heater, drop the top and go for a GREAT drive! I just joined this forum tonight. I bought a used Z4 a couple months ago and absolutely LOVE IT!!!! There are a lot of forums on line and just trying to check out any that may have people around here. If you are ever down around the Elmira/Corning area you will have to let me know. Hope you had a great drive if you already did it.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 12:09 PM   #4
Aries326
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4 3.0si, 2013 E92 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2013 E92 M3  [0.00]
2008 BMW Z4 3.0si  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beech-Z4
All the Finger Lakes are GREAT to drive around. There are many back roads around them and between them. If I am ever headed from Elmira/Corning area to Syracuse or Rochester I like to head up to Watkins and along the West Side of Seneca Lake to Geneva. I actually live close to Watkins Glen Race Track and love taking back roads around here. Once the leaves start changing, through on a sweatshirt, turn on the heated seat and maybe even the heater, drop the top and go for a GREAT drive! I just joined this forum tonight. I bought a used Z4 a couple months ago and absolutely LOVE IT!!!! There are a lot of forums on line and just trying to check out any that may have people around here. If you are ever down around the Elmira/Corning area you will have to let me know. Hope you had a great drive if you already did it.
Unfortunately, with kids and work, I haven't been out much. But it looks like I have June 23 off and will be able to go with a group of guys down to Saratoga. One of the guys set up a group on Facebook called Flower City Roadster.
      06-10-2013, 07:37 PM   #5
NewZee
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4 3.0si

WNY drives

Hi Mike,
I think you already know this,but Flower City RoadsterZ are planning a drive to Saratoga Springs on June 23rd, gonna visit a vintage car museum vintage BmW, display, it's about a 4.5hr drive from Buffalo. Also planning "wine cruse" around Seneca lake for early August. I'm from Buffalo, and drive to Rochester area for these events. Hope you and others from Ontario can try and join us.

NewZee
Buffalo, NY Area
2008 BMW Z4 3.0si Roadster
Black Sapphire Metalic, premium & sport pkg.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 07:40 PM   #6
NewZee
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries326 View Post
Unfortunately, with kids and work, I haven't been out much. But it looks like I have June 23 off and will be able to go with a group of guys down to Saratoga. One of the guys set up a group on Facebook called Flower City Roadster.
Henry,
Glad to hear you might be in for Saratoga!
...Bill (NewZee)

NewZee
Buffalo, NY Area
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 05:43 PM   #7
NewZee
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beech-Z4 View Post
Beech,
You should check out "Flower City RoadsterZ" group on Facebook we are a central NY group that get together for drives! Going to Saratoga Springs on the 23rd, and around seneca lake in August. Would like you to join the group.

NewZee
Buffalo, NY Area
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2013, 11:19 PM   #8
mike519
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewZee
Hi Mike,
I think you already know this,but Flower City RoadsterZ are planning a drive to Saratoga Springs on June 23rd, gonna visit a vintage car museum vintage BmW, display, it's about a 4.5hr drive from Buffalo. Also planning "wine cruse" around Seneca lake for early August. I'm from Buffalo, and drive to Rochester area for these events. Hope you and others from Ontario can try and join us.
Yeah, tomorrow doesn't work for me and early aug we are in michigan. Will keep my ears open for another event.
Appreciate 0