ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

12-22-2011, 02:01 PM   #1
esqu1re
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M Coupe

WTB Stromung / Remus

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Looking to buy a Stromung or Remus exhaust---something on the quieter side. Thanks.

///M Coupe: RPI Scoop, OE Strut, CDV, Volk RE30, SS Brake Lines, Stromung Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2011, 02:25 PM   #2
Mirko
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: E86 Z4M, E90 328i, E84 X1

I wish you all the best luck finding used ... I had none so I went ahead and ordered a Stromung exhaust during black friday from VAC,it gets delivered next week. Bav auto had a sale on Remus, might still be on. They told me they had stock of 2 extra but that was 2-3wks ago.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2011, 02:55 PM   #3
esqu1re
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirko View Post
I wish you all the best luck finding used ... I had none so I went ahead and ordered a Stromung exhaust during black friday from VAC,it gets delivered next week. Bav auto had a sale on Remus, might still be on. They told me they had stock of 2 extra but that was 2-3wks ago.
Thanks. Here's to hoping someone wants to let theirs go.

///M Coupe: RPI Scoop, OE Strut, CDV, Volk RE30, SS Brake Lines, Stromung Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2011, 06:54 PM   #4
brandobot
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M

just curious, what did you pay for your stromung from vac?
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2011, 07:07 PM   #5
Mirko
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandobot View Post
just curious, what did you pay for your stromung from vac?
sent PM

Also VAC Motorsports is having the same 10% off everything sale until Dec 26th.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2011, 07:26 PM   #6
dubsesd
#dubspec
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 X5/ 2016 F80 M3 INDVL

you will love the stromung. paired with afe intake the sounds coming out of the car are intoxicating!
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2011, 01:51 PM   #7
RobMCoupe
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe

I have Stromung and it sounds great. Customer service sucks big time. Purchased on GB. My driver side exhaust tip crack. Been waiting for promised replacement. It has been 3 or 4 months.

I WILL NEVER DEAL WITH STROMUNG EVER EVER AGAIN!!

Check the board and you will read the same customer service problem over and over again.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2011, 08:56 AM   #8
esqu1re
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMCoupe View Post
I have Stromung and it sounds great. Customer service sucks big time. Purchased on GB. My driver side exhaust tip crack. Been waiting for promised replacement. It has been 3 or 4 months.

I WILL NEVER DEAL WITH STROMUNG EVER EVER AGAIN!!

Check the board and you will read the same customer service problem over and over again.
I read all the reviews on here. Taking a chance on it though because of its price point and its not-very-loud sound. . .

Just curious, does the cracked tip affect sound or create a rattle? That would drive me insane.

Appreciate 0
      12-27-2011, 02:49 PM   #9
johanness
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4MC

Garage List
Good luck with your Stromung, you'll need it.

Bavauto is usually 3 weeks out on the Remus cans direct from Austria (if ur not in a rush).
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2011, 08:19 AM   #10
esqu1re
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johanness View Post
Good luck with your Stromung, you'll need it.
Uh oh...I just purchased Stromung from VAC. What do you mean? I understand that Stromung's customer service is nonexistent. Anything else?

Appreciate 0
      12-28-2011, 08:44 AM   #11
Mirko
Major
Canada
Rep

From what I read there were 2 guys out of 20 (approx) that had issues. One guy picked up the wrong exhaust meaning there was a special order one that wasn't picked up and sent out so it was louder than the other ones and the guy above with the cracked pipe. Everyone else has loved it and continues to. I am not defending the company, just stating what all of my countless hours of reading brought me to understand.

As far as communication from Scott at Stromung, he was good for communication thus far. I will pick up my exhaust this weekend so I can write back then. Hoping nothing but good things to write. Since they build to order most people are not used to the delay it takes to make the product. They expect super fast next day shipping, when in actuality the parts have to be ordered, delivered, made and shipped out.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2011, 09:34 AM   #12
Quickid
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 Z4MC, 06 X5 4.4i, 99 323i

I've had no issues with Scott's customer service. My Stromung exhaust was built from scratch and delivered pretty much on target as per Scott's estimate.
      12-28-2011, 01:54 PM   #13
johanness
Banned
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
From what I read there were 2 guys out of 20 (approx) that had issues. One guy picked up the wrong exhaust meaning there was a special order one that wasn't picked up
Let's get your 'facts' straight: the order wasn't there TO get picked up/shipped. The owner (in all his zero-communication-skills wisdom) sent a special order unit (read: different internals = much louder) to the WRONG client.
Rather than just saying so and owning up to an error, he kept me waiting TWO months (with my monies) and had the audacity to tell the unfortunate owner (a member here) that "that's the way they all are, deal with it".
This guy was terrible to deal with and had ZERO communication skills / business savvy.
I'd suggest that the only reprieve here is that VAC will hold him to some responsibility, as they most definitely will not put up with his b.s. for long.
A 10 percent fail rate is exactly that. Caveat emptor FTMFW
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2011, 03:28 PM   #14
esqu1re
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Let's get your 'facts' straight: the order wasn't there TO get picked up/shipped. The owner (in all his zero-communication-skills wisdom) sent a special order unit (read: different internals = much louder) to the WRONG client.
Rather than just saying so and owning up to an error, he kept me waiting TWO months (with my monies) and had the audacity to tell the unfortunate owner (a member here) that "that's the way they all are, deal with it".
This guy was terrible to deal with and had ZERO communication skills / business savvy.
I'd suggest that the only reprieve here is that VAC will hold him to some responsibility, as they most definitely will not put up with his b.s. for long.
I can definitely hear your pain. Caveat emptor for sure, especially on internet purchases. I will be pretty furious if these turn out to be louder than the others---I just sold my RE Diablo because I thought they were a little too loud (drone). It's just hard to find softer exhausts for a better price. Remus is definitely an alternative, but is 300+ more. I hope here, as I do with all parts I buy, that I will never have to deal with the company's customer service department.

Appreciate 0
      12-28-2011, 05:04 PM   #15
Mirko
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
got it ... going from memory and i wasn't that far off the mark. No need to bark at me for it. Thanks for sharing your comments and your experience. Hopefully ours will be better and you get yours sorted out.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2011, 06:55 PM   #16
johanness
Banned
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
got it ... going from memory and i wasn't that far off the mark. No need to bark at me for it. Thanks for sharing your comments and your experience. Hopefully ours will be better and you get yours sorted out.
I wasn't barking - I was making the facts about an unreliable vendor clear. It's about calling a spade a spade so forum members can make well-informed decisions.
After what RobMCoupe and I went through, I'm surprised that it didn't end up like this: http://news.yahoo.com/ruin-reputatio...213405904.html (another example of a douche businessperson)
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2011, 08:12 PM   #17
155MPH
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E89 Z4 sDrive28i M Performance

Garage List
I have stromung exhaust. Not too loud at all. Just right. Deeper than stock, doesn't drone at highway speed. No complaints with Scott. We did a group buy on here a few years back and they have been great since.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2011, 05:47 AM   #18
TRSpitfire
Private
Rep
Drives: S50 Z3M & S54 Z4M Roadsters

Sorry to hear about other's customer service problems, but I'm am completely happy with my Stromung. The sound is perfect....Has a nice growl now without being overpowering or droning. The quality seems good and the tips look great.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2011, 08:28 AM   #19
dubsesd
#dubspec
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 X5/ 2016 F80 M3 INDVL

im happy with the stomung, and havnt had any problems. here are some pics and video clips (click for video)

[IMG][/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2011, 02:57 PM   #20
Mirko
Major
Canada
Rep

Love it!!

Just installed it today. It installs up very easy, harder to take the old exhaust off. Fit and finish is great, and the sound is deep!!

I found no drone going 60-80mph around 3,000rpm. If you cruise even around 2,000 rpm there is no drone. If you step on it ... there is a wall of deep sound and then the S54 engine comes in. So it won't over power the engine but you can be sure the exhaust is there. It is DEEEEPPPP!

Best thing is the throttle blipping on down shifts! omg .. lol

I could not go any louder than this exhaust, to me its fairly deep and loud. Doesn't sound rice, just sounds deep and beautiful.

Think you are going to be happy

Install is easier than taking the old stock one off, and I did notice driver side sticks out a little bit more than passenger but not too noticeable. If you have any questions about it PM me and I'll offer some insight.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2012, 02:28 PM   #21
esqu1re
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Love it!!

Just installed it today. It installs up very easy, harder to take the old exhaust off. Fit and finish is great, and the sound is deep!!

I found no drone going 60-80mph around 3,000rpm. If you cruise even around 2,000 rpm there is no drone. If you step on it ... there is a wall of deep sound and then the S54 engine comes in. So it won't over power the engine but you can be sure the exhaust is there. It is DEEEEPPPP!

Best thing is the throttle blipping on down shifts! omg .. lol

I could not go any louder than this exhaust, to me its fairly deep and loud. Doesn't sound rice, just sounds deep and beautiful.

Think you are going to be happy

Install is easier than taking the old stock one off, and I did notice driver side sticks out a little bit more than passenger but not too noticeable. If you have any questions about it PM me and I'll offer some insight.
Sweet. Did you have to buy any nuts at the hanger area, or is the "nut" built into the hanger, like the stock exhaust.

Appreciate 0
      01-01-2012, 03:09 PM   #22
Mirko
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by esqu1re View Post
Sweet. Did you have to buy any nuts at the hanger area, or is the "nut" built into the hanger, like the stock exhaust.
The nut is built into the hanger for the rear one and I used an extra nut from the old setup for the front one. The exhaust came with 4 new screws that bolt up to the x-pipe.

I found it easier to take the hangers off the car, bolt them to the exhaust and screw them onto the car. The back one is much harder to put on if you are trying to put the bolt in when the black rubber hanger is attached to the car. I reused the old exhaust gasket, so in essence everything you need comes is there.
Appreciate 0