ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

10-23-2010, 03:05 PM   #23
thekurgan
Bad Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by johanness View Post
I had an 'associate' that if he saw a guy taking up two spots when we were on the way to lunch etc... he would go WAY out of his way to make his point. He'd quietly excuse himself from the group and return (after whatever distance it was) with circular rings of paint hanging from his key ring. He felt he'd done the public a service.
Now that's a douche ...
      10-23-2010, 05:15 PM   #24
chickdr
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

Quote:
I had an 'associate' that if he saw a guy taking up two spots when we were on the way to lunch etc... he would go WAY out of his way to make his point. He'd quietly excuse himself from the group and return (after whatever distance it was) with circular rings of paint hanging from his key ring. He felt he'd done the public a service.
This is a guy who is looking to get shot(at least if he tried that with my car he would in a world of hurt). I park across the lines at my local Target(way out next to a cart return where nobody parks). Recently I had a new Vette parked right across from my car when I came out. If I could count on other people doing the right thing and NOT dinging my car I would not park this way, but as this is not the case in today's world, I will continue doing what I must to keep my car pristine...

This is a cool site if you like this sort of thing: http://www.parkingbydesign.com/
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2010, 06:39 PM   #25
Nhopkins1394
Accountant, 1st Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4 3.0si Roadster, Black

To key a car is a crime!

Quote:
I hope you don't count this "associate" as a friend. I don't care who he is , that behavior needs to be "modified".
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2010, 07:05 PM   #26
krnnerdboy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: v10 m6

door dings are definitely one of my biggest pet peeves. After a whole day of pulling dents from my cars w/ a paintless dent removal guy, I drove to a wedding in my z4. Parked as far as I could and even got a seat at the reception where I could admire my carmy wife rolled her eyes at me too...during the ceremony I saw an elderly couple pull up in a matrix next to my car. I watched them proceed to the back door and ding my car as they were kneeling into the vehicle to remove their gift...pretty sad, but I still hae that door ding

my story of justice...

as you guys may know that costco is one of the worst places to park your pristine car. luckily for me I was driving my FJcruiser this day I park and sit in my vehicle as I check my emails and see this women pull up next to me awfully close. AS she opens her door I here a thud on my passenger side. Next thing you know the lady is yelling at me saying that my car had dented her door I laughed so hard and walked into costco feeling satisfied that my investment had paid off well...this was my car

notice the rock slider that she hit...used for guiding me across rocks and a lifting spot, and apparently a door dinger

F80 m3, 997 gt3, 14 ram ctd, f15 x5, drz400sm

Gone:z4m, boss 302, c6 z06, m6,z3m
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2010, 07:22 PM   #27
MetMan
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4 3.0i, 2033 X5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by krnnerdboy View Post
door dings are definitely one of my biggest pet peeves. After a whole day of pulling dents from my cars w/ a paintless dent removal guy, I drove to a wedding in my z4. Parked as far as I could and even got a seat at the reception where I could admire my carmy wife rolled her eyes at me too...during the ceremony I saw an elderly couple pull up in a matrix next to my car. I watched them proceed to the back door and ding my car as they were kneeling into the vehicle to remove their gift...pretty sad, but I still hae that door ding

my story of justice...

as you guys may know that costco is one of the worst places to park your pristine car. luckily for me I was driving my FJcruiser this day I park and sit in my vehicle as I check my emails and see this women pull up next to me awfully close. AS she opens her door I here a thud on my passenger side. Next thing you know the lady is yelling at me saying that my car had dented her door I laughed so hard and walked into costco feeling satisfied that my investment had paid off well...this was my car

notice the rock slider that she hit...used for guiding me across rocks and a lifting spot, and apparently a door dinger

So you bit your tongue in regards to the elderly couple just as I did?
      10-23-2010, 07:36 PM   #28
G80indy
Save the Manuals
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z3, E46, G80

that is sweet sweet justice
thanks for sharing

if you spend enough years actually caring about and for the condition of your vehicles you accumulate stories like these. I have a few myself.

I forwarded this link to my wife saying, "see hon, I'm not alone!"
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2010, 07:49 PM   #29
krnnerdboy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: v10 m6

LOL!! i don't need to convince my wife, she's just the same 14 yrs w/ me can do that to anyone....her biggest pet peeve is when friends put purses on her roof/hood

and yes, I did let them go as it was pretty much useless to try to convince them. When I had a 350z, I was sitting in the parking lot of best buy when I heard a grinding noise from my car. I looked out and it was an elderly person barely able to walk that was using his door to brace himself, which was grinding against my car. I got out and just helped him...he didn't even say sorry but his face said it all

F80 m3, 997 gt3, 14 ram ctd, f15 x5, drz400sm

Gone:z4m, boss 302, c6 z06, m6,z3m
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2010, 11:18 PM   #30
johanness
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nhopkins1394 View Post
I hope you don't count this "associate" as a friend. I don't care who he is , that behavior needs to be "modified".
That's why I used the term 'associate' and not 'friend'. We worked together, and I always felt he had a screw loose. Certainly not condoning his action, no matter how much I hate double-parkers. It served as his trigger is all.
Appreciate 0