ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

08-12-2017, 05:32 PM   #1
BGR
Captain
Rep
Drives: C7 GS 7MT; e90 M3 6MT

2006 BMW M Coupe, 54k Miles

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 19,900.00

Item Interest
The time has come to sell this storied Z4 M Coupe track car as I've picked up a dedicated race car. This is the same car that has been featured nationally in magazines, and has a 100+ page build thread from a previous owner.

It is currently set up as a track car, and I imagine it would be more time/money than its worth to transition it back to street car (adding interior back in). That said, it is currently registered and nearly fully functional as a street car, and I've added about 1,000 street miles to it since purchasing it in 2015. The coilover suspension is fairly comfortable on anything but the worst roads.

Details:

-2006 Z4 M Coupe
-54,XXX miles on chassis, ~64,XXX on e46 motor that was swapped in by previous motor after popping original
-Stripped interior
-Half cage
-Ground Control coilovers/camber plate (I had these installed new within last 800 miles)
-Previous owner replaced engine. Current engine is from e46 M3 (s54 still)
-Aero bits
-Racing buckets and harnesses
-Fresh fluids (oil/brake) this spring when getting a BMWCCA tech inspection done

Body is actually in really good shape. I don't think the car has ever seen rain (started life in Arizona then moved to LA). "Street Legal" in the sense that it is titled and insured. I've never gotten harassed by the cops, but I'm sure if they wanted they could find a reason to tow the car.

I've done 5 or 6 track days in the car and it has preformed quite well. That said, the tires and brakes (including rotors) are at EOL. I think I've priced the car fairly to reflect that. All lights and cruise control still work, but for some reason the windshield wipers and horn don't (I haven't dug into it to see if it might just be a fuse). The fact that this is an e46 motor in an e86 chassis also means that the oil sensor probe in the oil pan doesn't provide oil temp readings (or so I've been told. It still seems to show a dynamic temp on the dash gauge).

Car is located in Minneapolis, clean and clear title in hand.

https://player.vimeo.com/video/144919644

Appreciate 0
      08-20-2017, 04:39 PM   #2
BGR
Captain
Rep

Bump. OBO. Need to get this sold to make room!
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2017, 07:35 PM   #3
a_riddler
Bimmer Noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 Z4MC;08 MBZ E350 4Matic

Based my build on this car. GLWS

08 Z4MC /// DKF Exhaust, Stoptech 6/4 BBK, TCK Coilovers, Strong-Strut, Apex EC-7's, APR Splitter/Wing,
AFE Intake, Underdrive pulleys, AS SSK, Jaffster, UUC Tranny Mounts, Matte Grill, RPI Scoop, CF Badges
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2017, 08:29 AM   #4
BGR
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_riddler View Post
Based my build on this car. GLWS
Curious... did you go the solid bushing route on anything/everything under the car?
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2017, 09:00 AM   #5
dre99gsx
Captain
Rep
Drives: 1994 Toyota Supra

Hmm.. very tempting. You put so much effort into this vehicle, why suddenly the need to sell? I assume this would need some extensive work to get it to pass smog (obd2 related)? That is one issue I see for anyone who wants to purchase it and register it in their state, at least in NJ.

On the flip side, I've considered finding a true Z4M chassis to re-swap my 2J back into. ugh.... decisions...