ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

10-28-2013, 12:54 AM   #45
msh441
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK
Quote:
Originally Posted by msh441 View Post
*Not that the different design would help much IMO if the poly simply turns to mush from the AC condensation, though*
Does it do that? The only things I can see is that the bonding between the polyurethane and the steel looses it adhesion (probably due to corrosion).
And that there was some kind of fungus/bacterial growth.
I couldn't make out that the polyurethane itself was falling apart.

Still rerouting the ac line is a good idea imho. (and contact uuc with this problem; they might want to fix it to retain their good name )
I could be misinterpreting Bling32's initial post... I read it to mean that he INITIALLY thought it was some orange fungus on the mount, but that upon removal, he saw the mount itself was deteriorating.

Pictures certainly show the passenger side mount has not only separated from the hardware, but has significantly deformed when compared to the driver's side. It looks like it's melted in an oven (AKA: Dallas!). I was seeing the orangish-growth as something oozing from the polyurethane as it was being subjected to high heat and moisture, certainly changing the resiliency of the material in some way. I certainly could be wrong as it's only a visual impression and I don't have the mount to physically examine.

Whatever it is - it looks awful!

As far as re-routing the drain: I will certainly be adding that to the 'to-do' list and using some of the suggestions described here. Thank you StickMon!
Appreciate 0