ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

02-03-2012, 11:32 PM   #67
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Very nice!
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2012, 06:47 AM   #68
crfine88
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E86M

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPWEraser View Post
...Next up will either be an intake (aFe or Gruppe M if I can find a reasonably priced used one) or suspension (H&R coilovers or maybe KW V3s). Thoughts?
Looks killer! Very clean build all the way around. IMO I would hold out for a good price and take the Gruppe M over the AFE because of sound and looks. It has more of the "CSL bark" than the AFE; both do sound great though. I picked up a used set of KW V3's and was very happy with them. I have heard good things about H&R, but can not speak from experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
...Note: We're halfway down the 45 degree angle icy side of the mod slippery slope and accelerating!
I love this

Get out your ice pick and cramp-ons and prepare to fight the good fight
      02-29-2012, 08:33 PM   #69
JPWEraser
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06/Z07

I'd like to get the Gruppe M but man its a lot of money for an intake. I think either set of coilvers would be ok for me for my use. I am concerned about killing the Mstache but, it is what it is - its a great piece at a great price. Steve has talked about making a lower profile version to help with the lowered crowd. I haven't driven the car but about 20 minutes in 4 months... I'm dying.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 09:05 PM   #70
mousitch
Dark Sider
Rep
Drives: 2008 Space Gray Z4MC

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPWEraser View Post
I'd like to get the Gruppe M but man its a lot of money for an intake. I think either set of coilvers would be ok for me for my use. I am concerned about killing the Mstache but, it is what it is - its a great piece at a great price. Steve has talked about making a lower profile version to help with the lowered crowd. I haven't driven the car but about 20 minutes in 4 months... I'm dying.
I have the Gruppe and its worth the money for the sound but only if you find it used for > $800. Its a head turner...
2008 Space Grey M Coupe-RPI Scoop-Gruppe M CAI-Eisenmann Race Cans-RE X-pipe-ECU Remap-H&R Sport springs-Zeck CDV delete-Stock Gloss black powder coated wheels-LED Tekarbon Angel Eyes Project-Michelin Super Sports-Hardwired Uniden R7-H&R front and rear spacers-Alarm module added-stereo amp recoded to vert settings
Appreciate 0