ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

08-24-2023, 05:52 PM   #1
Vervish
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M Competition

Passenger Window Control Issue

Recently picked up a 2004 Z4 2.5i roadster (love it!) and I have a passenger window control issue.

When controlling the window from the driver’s control, the passenger window will only roll down, regardless of whether I hold the switch in the up or down position - window only goes down. Driver’s side window switch works correctly.

Passenger window responds correctly (i) when controlled from passenger side switch , (ii) when lowering or raising the top and when holding the open button on the key fob. Seems to only not work correctly when controlled from drivers side.

I purchased and installed a new driver’s side window switch panel from BMW and I tried the window reset steps. No luck - issue remains.

Where should I investigate next?
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2023, 06:40 PM   #2
pungo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MC-X3-35i-525i, Corrado G60

Garage List
Check the wiring against the schematics, could have an open where the wires enter the door
Appreciate 1
Vervish149.50
      08-24-2023, 07:43 PM   #3
JAS1169
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 2003 Z4

Remove a battery cable for an hour and then reinstall it. This basically gives you a fresh start system wise. Whenever you call an IT guy with a computer issue the first thing, they'll tell you is to try a re-start. I'm not saying this will work, but since it won't cost you anything, it's worth a shot.
Appreciate 1
Vervish149.50