ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-01-2013, 12:10 PM   #23
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
ATE SuperBlue stains EVERYTHING. Including your brake fluid reservoir. I don't like that. Personal preference.
Thats true (well, a bit), including that blue fluid is more difficult to see if there's gunk in it or not. But on the other hand you have the visual confimation that the system is bled. I think that's pretty neat.

I don't think you need a GT1 interface to rotate the abs pump assembly; you can also do that with a converted KKL interface; they also work with INPA/DIS/PROGMAN etc.
Rotating the ABS pump is the PROPER procedure to bleed the complete system. Otherwise there is always some old fluid left in the pump regardless of how much fluid you're pumping through the system
You also can't test the firmness of that fluid because it will only enter the system once the abs is activated afaik.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2013, 02:48 PM   #24
pal
Captain
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

I switched from Motul RBF 600 to Brembo LCF 600+ about 3 years ago and have not looked back. I found the Brembo to yield better and more consistent pedal feel and it appears to last longer to boot.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2013, 12:41 AM   #25
gmbbs
Private
Rep
Drives: TBD

If you are not boiling Super Blue, your not using your brakes to their potential. Motul or even better SRF. IMHO, of course.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2013, 03:08 AM   #26
mfanatic325
///M-fanatic
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: '01 911 Turbo

I'm pretty sure I'm boiling it, since I see some residue on the outside of the reservoir (which most likely means that it boiled over and some trickled down the side).
However, maybe I'm just barely boiling it?

And has already been stated, perhaps cooling is all that's required? I don't know...
Appreciate 0