ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

07-14-2011, 04:51 PM   #67
kdphan
Captain
Rep
Drives: everything is gone!

I used to live on J and 26th.

I miss that part of town. I'll be back there this weekend. Let's meet up.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2011, 09:20 AM   #68
esqu1re
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M Coupe

^ skelekitty is married. ;]

///M Coupe: RPI Scoop, OE Strut, CDV, Volk RE30, SS Brake Lines, Stromung Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 12:37 PM   #69
MetMan
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4 3.0i, 2033 X5

Garage List
Literally just picked up lunch 15 minutes ago and as I'm walking out of the restaurant, I see a kid taking a picture of my car. I get out of the door and his mother says "He likes your car so much, he wants it as his screen saver."

Put a smile on my face for sure!
      07-18-2011, 01:06 PM   #70
Shipkiller
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Me

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetMan View Post
Literally just picked up lunch 15 minutes ago and as I'm walking out of the restaurant, I see a kid taking a picture of my car. I get out of the door and his mother says "He likes your car so much, he wants it as his screen saver."

Put a smile on my face for sure!
Kid has class.....
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 01:10 PM   #71
mikeinsf
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgolf31 View Post
so when everything was said and done I gave them a nice wave as I pulled the car into the garage.

I was greeted with the middle finger. Apparently they get little jealous when a 21 year old has a stable job, and a nicer car than theirs. It made my day
"Good thing you have a garage" is the first thing that comes to my mind.

2007 ///M roadster
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 02:45 PM   #72
F87LUV
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2, '23 GT4

Garage List
2023 Porsche GT4  [5.00]
2016 BMW M2  [8.66]
Little kids always crack me up. Theyre always so excited when they point out my car. I get "nice car", etc often. I dont know if this is considered a compliment, IMO this dood was a toolbag but he pulled up next to me and said "Id be driving that if I was dating you"...Umm ok buddy, lol. The most recent one was from a drunk guy walking by my friend and I at like 3 am. He walks past the car then realizes its two girls in the car and goes "WHAAAAAAAAAAT, that car is dope." It was pretty funny. Why people are so surprised when a girl drives a nice car- Ill never know.

Last edited by F87LUV; 07-18-2011 at 07:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 04:51 PM   #73
Shipkiller
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Me

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGirl07 View Post
Why people are so surprised when a girl drives a nice car- Ill never know.
Because some girls are smarter than all the rest,,,,,,,,,
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 06:16 PM   #74
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgolf31 View Post
There is some bad blood with my neighbors to the once side of the yard (and it involves a fence separating us)...apparently cutting down OUR trees invaded their privacy.

Anyways, it's been like that for years and years and years...and they don't really appreciate the car that I drive. First time I pulled it in the driveway they shook their head in disgust...and I laughed.

They were having a graduation party for their son and I was washing the car and applying Dodo Juice Hard Rock Candy and Rainforest Rub. There was a bunch of people there and you can easily see my car in the driveway before you go over far enough where the fence blocks the view.

There was 3 people on different occasions that walked AROUND the whole fence to come and talk to me. They said they just had to see this car. It looked so beautiful and they never saw anything like it. While this all is happening, the nasty neighbors were giving my glares and dirty looks...so when everything was said and done I gave them a nice wave as I pulled the car into the garage.

I was greeted with the middle finger. Apparently they get little jealous when a 21 year old has a stable job, and a nicer car than theirs. It made my day
I love this story! Especially the guests coming over. Man, that must have taken things up to 11.

We have a similar situation with our neighbors. We have an issue with the fence with them too (and our trees)--how that finally plays out will be determined over the next few weeks.

They were friendly enough when we moved in 10 years ago, but we're moved on from the beat up Integra and very beat up Civic we had then. They became less and less friendly now that we have "nice" cars while they continued to drive the same beat up (well, even more beat up) cars. Once we dumped the last beater they've become downright rude and obnoxious--as if we bought the cars to shove it in their face or something. (Talk about self-absorbed.) We've behaved the same way in all other regards (and continue to be nice) but they're having none of it now.

I respond to this by continuing to be nice to them: need help unloading that fridge? You can borrow my lawnmower since you're went "boom". We'd be happy to pick up papers while you're on vacation.... Etc. Yep, that endears me to them even more. But I treat all of my neigbors the same way, and I'll be damned if I'm going to stop being nice because they've turned into fuming little balls of hate. And it's hella funny if you ask me--you just can't believe the look on that guy's face when I offer to be a good neighbor.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 08:01 PM   #75
ANUSTART
Captain
Rep
Drives: Z4

Well played Finnegan, well played! Makes their self absorbed behavior even more aparent if they have any sense of self awareness.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 08:03 PM   #76
Skelekitty
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '07 Imola Red Z4 MCoupe

Garage List
2007 M Coupe  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdphan View Post
I used to live on J and 26th.

I miss that part of town. I'll be back there this weekend. Let's meet up.
Argh! Sorry I missed this post, but we couldn't have made it over the weekend anyway - I was dealing with house stuff and Finnegan was "being a good son" and spending time with his aging parents (read as ). However, we ARE up for meetups with anyone in the Sacramento/Foothills area (including Tahoe). We met Rick Hunter last year when he and "Mrs. Hunter" were down from Z-attle, and have met several other people through EuroSunday events. PM us next time (Finnegan is here more than I am).

Quote:
Originally Posted by esqu1re View Post
^ skelekitty is married. ;]
Thanks for lookin' our for me esqu1re! Seriously though. I love you guys.

Eisenmann Sport Exhaust | RE X-Pipe | RE Transmission Mounts
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 08:04 PM   #77
Skelekitty
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '07 Imola Red Z4 MCoupe

Garage List
2007 M Coupe  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipkiller View Post
Because some girls are smarter than all the rest,,,,,,,,,
Damn skippy.

Eisenmann Sport Exhaust | RE X-Pipe | RE Transmission Mounts
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 10:55 AM   #78
z4mcoupe
boon
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

I have a new favorite yesterday getting out of my work building. The town where I work is predominately white and I'm the only minority in the front office. The parking lot is always filled with late model vehicles.

We happened to have a crew cleaning up the landscape in front of the building. As I walked out to my M Coupe, there were a few guys taking a break in the shade and saying something in Spanish right by the car. The second I unlocked the door, one of them shouted "You drive THAT car?"

On the way home, I couldn't help but think to myself this M Coupe is not only my dream car, but it also is the embodiment of an American dream came true.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 11:18 AM   #79
kdphan
Captain
Rep
Drives: everything is gone!

While I was washing my car yesterday. A guy, living in the same complex as me, parked his car and walked up to me and said "hey, nice car man!!".

He told me he owned the older Z3M coupe that is parking in the garage. That was the same Z3M coupe i've been drooling over for some time. I told him i've been looking for a good condition Z3 coupe for awhile, but nothing in the price range I wanted to pay and mileage I wanted. He bought it new awhile back and only put 20k miles on it.

We both walked away smiling knowing that we both love our Z's.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 01:50 PM   #80
jragan
Imola Lover
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Imola Red M Coupe

One day an older gentleman asked me "Is that that new Alpha" (at the time meaning the 8C).
      07-26-2011, 11:52 AM   #81
angelwoman
Rep
Drives: Black Z4 2.5

totally agree with the cloaking device, i don't like any attention but seem to get even more being a woman in a sports car for some reason and not neccisarily good either, i get a fair bit of aggression sometimes :-(
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2011, 11:59 AM   #82
mikeinsf
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelwoman View Post
totally agree with the cloaking device, i don't like any attention but seem to get even more being a woman in a sports car for some reason and not neccisarily good either, i get a fair bit of aggression sometimes :-(
That's really unfortunate, something we men don't generally have to worry about.

2007 ///M roadster
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 08:46 AM   #83
nekky
Wagon life
Canada
Rep
Drives: '16 328d M Sport Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaled05 View Post
Hi dear am newbie here and i like this topic i want to ask a compliment which is that .
TELL ME, I HAVE TO KNOW.

1. What is your favorite compliment to receive from a GF?
2. How would you like a girl to compliment your looks? Hot, cute, handsome..?
LOL no idea what this guy is saying..

But I'll bring this thread back from the dead.

Best compliment I ever had was last summer..

I had just parked, gotten out of the car and was waiting for the girl whose house I was in front of to come open the door. She was still in the shower when I called so I just waited by my car and lit a smoke. Well, next thing I know, this very, very good looking (I'm trying to be PC here; she was fuckin hot) 25ish year old comes outside with her son to get into the cab that just pulled up. Her son (probably about 3 or 4) is walking towards the cab, turns, sees my car and goes "WOOOWW HOT WHEELS!". I used to play with HotWheels a ton when I was a kid so I knew exactly what he meant. He walked towards my car and started touching it. His mom was so hot that I just let him do his thing. I smiled and said "Glad you like it bud!" I turned to his mom and she had a shit eating grin on her face, which quickly changed when she realized I was looking her way LOL. Anyway, I could tell that his mom totally wanted to talk, but the cab was there, her son was touching this guy's shiny car, and plus there's the fact that a perfect stranger knew where they lived, etc. It was just the wrong combination of events.

But I got a real nice smile from her, and I'm happy that I made that kid's day.

And then I went into the girl's house who I would end up dating for almost a year.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 10:19 AM   #84
itdnwiwbp
Major
Rep
Drives: 330iZHP

Well, since this thread is alive again here're a couple from me.

Best compliment: I was sitting in the AK Airlines Boardroom in Seattle with my fiancé. I was messing around on my laptop and happened to notice an old woman standing over my shoulder (very close). She was checking out the picture I have of my car on my desktop and her husband was hanging back a bit. After I noticed her she started talking about the car and told me she'd had a Z4 roadster at one point that she missed very much but she wasn't aware that they'd ever made a coupe. Of course I proceeded to open up a photo album or two and show her some Maritime dash pics, etc. Very nice woman.

Worst attention: Shortly after I bought my Z4 coupe I was driving across Western Washington University campus late at night. When I reached the top of south hill I turned left and noticed, after I'd gone a ways down the road, that a university cop had had just hauled ass up to the stop sign and torn off in the other direction. I thought it was odd but didn't think much of it. That is until the same cop roared up behind me a minute later with his lights on and pulled me over. He said he'd paced me going 45 in a 25 which wasn't true. I'd been going exactly 25 because...well, university cops without much else to do...you know. After he decided to be generous enough let me off with a stern warning, which took quite some time, he was about to walk away and let me go when he stopped and asked if I'd been drinking. This was one of those situations that I need every once in awhile to remind me that honesty is NOT always the best policy. I answered, "Yes, one beer with dinner about three hours ago." Then he made me get out of the car and do sobriety tests, which I passed. He still told me he didn't think I should be driving so he asked how far away I lived. I was about two blocks away and could get there without even putting the car in gear so he told me I needed to go home and sober up before I came back out. I was blown away by the ridiculousness of the whole thing. My only conclusion is that he wanted to check out my car up close because there was no other reason for anything that happened that night and through the course of our interaction he mentioned the car quite a bit.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 02:01 PM   #85
mhughett
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe

I pulled into a convenience store last weekend and had a guy tell me that my car reminded him a lot of the "old" E-type Jaguars. Now there is a car that I would love my car to be compared to--at least from an aesthetic standpoint. From a performance pespective our cars run circles around those old dinosaurs but I always loved the looks of the old XK-E.

Retired--2007 Z4 M Coupe (Imola Red/Black, Premium Pkg, Heated Seats, XM, Bimmian stubby antenna, CDV delete, Apex EC-7--Anthracite, Goodyear F1 Asymetric 2.
Appreciate 0