ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

07-13-2011, 12:18 PM   #45
ANUSTART
Captain
Rep
Drives: Z4

Well, that story just killed the testosterone fueled buzz stared by Ship.

Quite a good counterbalance however.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 12:30 PM   #46
azadian2b
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogzilla View Post
Well, that story just killed the testosterone fueled buzz stared by Ship.

Quite a good counterbalance however.
For me it's mostly guys that complement my car. Also, from the girl that counts (for me) I got: "Why'd you have to get something so fast?" Wait until she sees what I have in mind for a family car. 911's have back seats right?
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 12:45 PM   #47
gcochard
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 E90 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
On the 4th of july, drove the PCH home (bad idea, traffic) and someone yelled out "NICE M!!!" from a restaurant.

I put my hand up and waved as quick as I could, but I'm not sure they saw it.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 12:47 PM   #48
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si, 328 XDrive, X5 35i

Oh!!! And just to restore the mood!

Best compliment I EVER got was one day in the summer when I stopped to let a pedestrian cross the street. As she crossed, I noted that she was in her early twenties, blonde, wearing very short jean shorts, high heels and smokin' hot. I kid you not, but she stopped in front of my car, blew me a kiss, and continued on.

Of course, that was 15 years ago when I was driving my old Golf Wolfsburg, but i remember it like it was yesterday!

BMW Z4 3.0si Roadster. Montego Blue Metallic. Premium and Sport Package.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 12:50 PM   #49
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huz-Z View Post

Best compliment I EVER got was one day in the summer when I stopped to let a pedestrian cross the street. As she crossed, I noted that she was in her early twenties, blonde, wearing very short jean shorts, high heels and smokin' hot. I kid you not, but she stopped in front of my car, blew me a kiss, and continued on.

Of course, that was 15 years ago when I was driving my old Golf Wolfsburg, but i remember it like it was yesterday!

Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 01:01 PM   #50
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si, 328 XDrive, X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
LOL!! And a frilly white top. She was wearing that too. And sunglasses which she pulled down when she stopped to blow the kisss.

Man, there's never a flux capacitor around when you need one!

BMW Z4 3.0si Roadster. Montego Blue Metallic. Premium and Sport Package.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 01:25 PM   #51
ANUSTART
Captain
Rep
Drives: Z4

When I took my Z out for a test drive before buying it, the owner let my wife and I take it out solo. We were going through an intersection in town and a group of high school age girls walked through the intersection in front of us. All cute, but none of age. Two of the girls threw thumbs up and yelled, "nice car." I committed to buy that day. My wife still gets a laugh out of it.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 02:24 PM   #52
Skelekitty
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '07 Imola Red Z4 MCoupe

Garage List
2007 M Coupe  [10.00]
I almost posted a few weeks ago, but got distracted. Anyway, even though mine is my DD and the flashy Imola red, I don't hear too many comments outside of our car groups. Sometimes I get a "you don't see too many coupes" and only when I say "and it's an M," do I get the impressed look. On a recent Wednesday afternoon, in the span of three hours, I got:
  • "OMG. I see your car all the time and it is SO CUTE!" ~Hairdresser in Midtown Sacramento (my standard response is 'thanks! *smile* it's FAST too!')
  • "You have an AWESOME car!" ~Hipster Rasta Dude on bicycle in Old Town Sacramento
  • "I LOVE YOUR CAR!!!!!" ~Very Animated Teenage Girl in our boring-ass white-bread town

Sometimes I think my friends like to compliment my car just to watch the stupid totally-in-love look come over my face as I gaze at it and say "I love my car."

Eisenmann Sport Exhaust | RE X-Pipe | RE Transmission Mounts
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 02:39 PM   #53
Skelekitty
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2007 M Coupe  [10.00]
BTW Ship. I totally adore you and think I might be a little bit in love with your wife too. LOL! Awesome story!

Nikki... Yep. Cute girl + awesome car + hose = trouble for married men in mini vans.

Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 04:08 PM   #54
kdphan
Captain
Rep
Drives: everything is gone!

We should have a Sacramento meet. I used to live in midtown. Never saw a coupe around.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 04:12 PM   #55
Shipkiller
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Me

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skelekitty View Post
BTW Ship. I totally adore you and think I might be a little bit in love with your wife too. LOL! Awesome story!
She is the best... after 26 years, it just gets better every day...
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 04:49 PM   #56
esqu1re
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huz-Z View Post

This is a good one! I was like who still wears jean skirts?! until I read the last part about 15 years ago. =D

///M Coupe: RPI Scoop, OE Strut, CDV, Volk RE30, SS Brake Lines, Stromung Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 05:57 PM   #57
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki View Post
Ship, I've got the opposite issue here.

I can recall several times I've been put in an awkward position by a guy right in front of his gf/wife.

Recently I was washing my car at a friend's house and his neighbor comes out, asks if it's my car and then starts gushing about how beautiful it is and the color and the rims, etc. etc. etc. Meanwhile his wife is struggling to get their two kids into the car seats of their beige Honda Odyssey and is giving me "the eye" but the guy won't stop talking. Finally she snaps and says "Honey, I know you're really busy right now but would you mind helping pack the car up. We're running late and it's always something..blah blah..blahh blah" and then he turns to me and says "Well, nice car. Take care of it," and his wife rolls her eyes.

Sooo awkward.
homewrecker

Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 07:09 PM   #58
a_riddler
Bimmer Noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 Z4MC;08 MBZ E350 4Matic

While it wasn't the car I ended up buying, I got a compliment worth remembering...

I stopped in a local non-BMW dealer that had an 07 IB coupe. The mileage was too high, but it was the only coupe in the area so had to get behind the wheel. I went there with my wife and when it came time to go for a drive, the salesman gave me the key and said, "you two have fun". My wife had no intention of seeing if I could break the rear loose in a corner, so she said she wasn't going. She said "have fun and don't pickup any women". The salesman jumped at the chance to go for a drive, so we took off, wheels spinning out of the dealership.

We hit some back-roads and then the freeway. Coming back, I'm waiting at the light, just off the freeway and there is a homeless lady by the side of the road with a sign for help. I was talking to the salesman and didn't really notice but I hear, "Nice car!". I turned to her and she was grinning. Well, I knew these cars draw attention, but I wasn't expected it so soon. I gave her a five and said thanks.

Was a funny story to tell my wife when I got back....

08 Z4MC /// DKF Exhaust, Stoptech 6/4 BBK, TCK Coilovers, Strong-Strut, Apex EC-7's, APR Splitter/Wing,
AFE Intake, Underdrive pulleys, AS SSK, Jaffster, UUC Tranny Mounts, Matte Grill, RPI Scoop, CF Badges
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 08:51 PM   #59
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

I almost forgot the time in my 3.0si coupe when a hooker (who i'm 98% positive was a transvestite) yelled at me while I was at a stopped light "REVV IT GIRL!"

Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 09:49 PM   #60
claritycheck
Rolling Republic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki View Post
I almost forgot the time in my 3.0si coupe when a hooker (who i'm 98% positive was a transvestite) yelled at me while I was at a stopped light "REVV IT GIRL!"
LMFAO! This thread is priceless.
      07-13-2011, 10:47 PM   #61
claritycheck
Rolling Republic
United_States
Rep

Absolute best compliment:

I had just bought the car and decided to take a short vacation to LA (best and worst idea ever). So being eager and a bit pressed for time, I decided to go right after work so it's about 9PM beginning of trip time. I figured I could avoid traffic and enjoy the long soothing drive. First pump stop was in Fresno. I get out of my car to put some fuel in. Surveying the area while waiting for gas, a large Escalade pulls up next to me and out comes a bunch of young college girls (matching Davis sweaters). I'm a guy and these girls are pretty hot, so I try to strike up a conversation. Instead of me starting the conversation 2 of them come up to me and ask me "hey buddy. Where are you going in that sexy car of yours?" a bit surprised I answer their question and continued to chat it up. As we are about to part ways one of them rolls down the window and yells out "HEY BY THE WAY MY NAME IS TARA!" Probably the best situation where my car could possibly gotten me laid, lol... The rest of the trip I received a lot of compliments from older gentlemen. #shakemyhead

Worst story of me in my car was when I was being harassed by a 50 year old redneck woman. She literally stuck her head out of the car to give me the finger and shout racist remarks about Asians. Continued to mind my own business until she threw what seemed to be an empty water bottle at my car. I don't get people sometimes... /sigh
      07-13-2011, 11:36 PM   #62
Kgolf31
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC, 2012 128i

There is some bad blood with my neighbors to the once side of the yard (and it involves a fence separating us)...apparently cutting down OUR trees invaded their privacy.

Anyways, it's been like that for years and years and years...and they don't really appreciate the car that I drive. First time I pulled it in the driveway they shook their head in disgust...and I laughed.

They were having a graduation party for their son and I was washing the car and applying Dodo Juice Hard Rock Candy and Rainforest Rub. There was a bunch of people there and you can easily see my car in the driveway before you go over far enough where the fence blocks the view.

There was 3 people on different occasions that walked AROUND the whole fence to come and talk to me. They said they just had to see this car. It looked so beautiful and they never saw anything like it. While this all is happening, the nasty neighbors were giving my glares and dirty looks...so when everything was said and done I gave them a nice wave as I pulled the car into the garage.

I was greeted with the middle finger. Apparently they get little jealous when a 21 year old has a stable job, and a nicer car than theirs. It made my day
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 11:50 PM   #63
r4gs
Viper Driver
Singapore
Rep
Drives: F-16

i don't per say have a favorite compliment (don't get too many out west along the border where i'm at), but there've been plenty of really young children tt gawk and take pictures with my car at meets and such. i have a very soft spot for children (perhaps i'm getting to tt age now).

what i do notice however is the myriad of old men in particular tt come chat me up about the car. it's probably the fast back coupe styling and the appeal to the older generation, but my friends have dubbed me the 'old foggie magnet'.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2011, 10:11 AM   #64
gcochard
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 E90 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Yesterday got a "compliment" from a redneck, he said it's a chick's car.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2011, 04:24 PM   #65
Skelekitty
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2007 M Coupe  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdphan View Post
We should have a Sacramento meet. I used to live in midtown. Never saw a coupe around.
That would be fun! Not only do I have mine, one of the guys who works out at my gym (21st @ J) has an 07 M Roadster in Imola Red. It's fun when we can park next to each other.

BTW Nikki, I have an inexplicable LOVE for drag queens. That would have made my year.

Appreciate 0
      07-14-2011, 04:37 PM   #66
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skelekitty View Post
BTW Nikki, I have an inexplicable LOVE for drag queens. That would have made my year.
LOL, he was definitely rockin that mini skirt and wig.

Appreciate 0