ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

07-13-2012, 03:18 PM   #67
robrwalker
M addicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 YMB F82, 2018 AW F86

Quote:
Originally Posted by z4mckid View Post
Hey Rob,

I might be interested in your coupe.

Currently securing financing. Talking with the guys over at Enthusiast Auto and also found one in Hawaii that I like but trying to weigh my options right now.

Any idea what shipping would cost to NJ?

Thanks
Another buyer that i could not make a deal with earlier said he was paying between $1000 - $1300 for closed car transport to Texas. I have heard from others that this is the range for coast to coast as well.

or - its a great drive home from CA to NJ to get to know Kimber (that's her name, at least that is what she told me)
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 02:21 PM   #68
robrwalker
M addicted
United_States
Rep

I am kicking myself, but have done it anyway.

Price reduced to $29K but that is a firm price. I actually have had this offered to me twice and rejected it both times from different buyers. That cost me about $420 in carrying costs but I just felt then that $29K is below value for my car.

The market is made by the people in it. It appears the fair price for this car is $29K. So, that is what I am asking.

(please realize this does not mean I am entertaining new offers at $26K).
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 02:53 PM   #69
The Learned Hand
Registered
Rep
Drives: M Coupe Wanted

Interested

Couldn't PM so I emailed you.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 05:29 PM   #70
robrwalker
M addicted
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Learned Hand View Post
Couldn't PM so I emailed you.
Emails replied!
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 04:21 PM   #71
zoex5m
Private
Rep
Drives: x5m

She is a beauty. Glws.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 04:55 PM   #72
zubydafa
tosser
Isle of Man
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4MC

My twin when I was OEM!

Love your car...GLWS.

Also, if you're not hurting for the money this second, I'd hold out for a buyer at a price you name. I traveled to Seattle and paid a lot to get my car off the market so nobody else could have it lol.
      07-24-2012, 07:02 PM   #73
robrwalker
M addicted
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zubydafa View Post
My twin when I was OEM!

Love your car...GLWS.

Also, if you're not hurting for the money this second, I'd hold out for a buyer at a price you name. I traveled to Seattle and paid a lot to get my car off the market so nobody else could have it lol.
Agreed. I am not in a forced sale position, so I am doing my best to identify where the market is for these cars and I think I found it. I will not be selling for an unreasonable price.

That said - others do. I was just told by someone looking at my car that he was going to buy a similarly (not the same but close) optioned Z4 M Coupe for $26K. Unless that car has hidden problems I am surprised it was sold that low.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2012, 01:57 AM   #74
ddnmkun
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87, G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by robrwalker View Post
That said - others do. I was just told by someone looking at my car that he was going to buy a similarly (not the same but close) optioned Z4 M Coupe for $26K. Unless that car has hidden problems I am surprised it was sold that low.
That just sounds like a tactic to see if you would price match or lower to beat that. Sounds more like a made up story me.
Really nice car, I am almost in a position to hunt for my Z4M, might get a hold of you when ready.
Meanwhile good luck!
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2012, 12:01 PM   #75
robrwalker
M addicted
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddnmkun View Post
That just sounds like a tactic to see if you would price match or lower to beat that. Sounds more like a made up story me.
Really nice car, I am almost in a position to hunt for my Z4M, might get a hold of you when ready.
Meanwhile good luck!
it could have been, seems like a crazy price. for that cheap i would buy it and re-sell it :-)

jump on in to the market - the water is fine and my car is waiting for you
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2012, 07:01 PM   #76
SlipNslide
Private
Rep
Drives: E91 M Wagon

I am the guy that Rob was talking about and I just wanted to confirm that I did make the purchase of the other car. The story was not made up and I was really up front with Rob about my purchase situation.

I had a nice conversation with Rob and his car seems like a good deal for what it has on it. Best of luck with the sale!
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 05:04 PM   #77
robrwalker
M addicted
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipNslide View Post
I am the guy that Rob was talking about and I just wanted to confirm that I did make the purchase of the other car. The story was not made up and I was really up front with Rob about my purchase situation.

I had a nice conversation with Rob and his car seems like a good deal for what it has on it. Best of luck with the sale!
Well there you go!

Thanks for the compliment. I am hoping one of two other buyers are going to pick the car up this weekend.

If not, and you are reading this massive thread for the first time, now is the time to come buy my car
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 05:25 PM   #78
SlipNslide
Private
Rep
Drives: E91 M Wagon

Quote:
Well there you go!

Thanks for the compliment. I am hoping one of two other buyers are going to pick the car up this weekend.

If not, and you are reading this massive thread for the first time, now is the time to come buy my car
Anytime Rob!

Now somebody buy his car!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 10:51 AM   #79
robrwalker
M addicted
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipNslide View Post
Anytime Rob!

Now somebody buy his car!!!

bump. waiting for the right buyer. i know you are out there; come find me.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 05:49 PM   #80
M340i Pride
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

car still available?

seriously thinking about getting into a Z4.... looking for other coups such as vette right now.

does your car have air bag off switch for the passenger side? you know that if you can turn it off you are able to carry a baby seat on the front.

anyhow, let me know

thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 06:03 PM   #81
Chamberlin
Green Beemers
United_States
Rep
Drives: 27 BMWs...and counting

Garage List
IIRC, should be a switch on the right side of the glovebox, only accessible when the passenger door is open.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 06:06 PM   #82
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Look, the ONLY way to drive up the prices on these cars is by selling them at the prices you want. I just helped a friend buy an '06 MZ4 Coupe for $36,000. Granted it only had 4,000 miles on it, but never the less, the market is what it will bear. If people won't pony up, even at $29,000 which is a STEAL, going LOWER is only going to hurt your case, especially if you're not in financial dire straights that require moving the vehicle fast for cash flow purposes.

Actually, if I were to list my car, an Interlagos/Dark Sepang '06 with 37,000 miles on it, which ain't going to happen, I'd list it for $34,000 and stand firm. It probably won't sell in 3 months. Heck I'd be surprised if it sold in 6. But I'd wait for that right buyer who will pay rather than letting it go to the lowest bidder.

With only 1,7XX or so still on the road in NA, I'm willing to bet there are those that will pay the premium just to have it.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 11:52 AM   #83
HaiDef
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
Look, the ONLY way to drive up the prices on these cars is by selling them at the prices you want. I just helped a friend buy an '06 MZ4 Coupe for $36,000. Granted it only had 4,000 miles on it, but never the less, the market is what it will bear. If people won't pony up, even at $29,000 which is a STEAL, going LOWER is only going to hurt your case, especially if you're not in financial dire straights that require moving the vehicle fast for cash flow purposes.

Actually, if I were to list my car, an Interlagos/Dark Sepang '06 with 37,000 miles on it, which ain't going to happen, I'd list it for $34,000 and stand firm. It probably won't sell in 3 months. Heck I'd be surprised if it sold in 6. But I'd wait for that right buyer who will pay rather than letting it go to the lowest bidder.

With only 1,7XX or so still on the road in NA, I'm willing to bet there are those that will pay the premium just to have it.

I AGREE!!! That is why you havent seen me really comment in my for sale posting.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 12:00 PM   #84
robrwalker
M addicted
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwpride335i View Post
car still available?

seriously thinking about getting into a Z4.... looking for other coups such as vette right now.

does your car have air bag off switch for the passenger side? you know that if you can turn it off you are able to carry a baby seat on the front.

anyhow, let me know

thanks
Yep - still available.

Yes, it does have that switch and actually the law in CA just changed for coupes too so you are allowed to have a baby seat there.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 12:04 PM   #85
robrwalker
M addicted
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hdoan86 View Post
I AGREE!!! That is why you havent seen me really comment in my for sale posting.
Agree with you all. Based on what I am seeing in this market - which is basic open trade, the market for this car is between $29K and $32K.

I had one guy really close to buying at $29K which is why I considered letting the car go (it just sits around) but have since re-worked my opinions about what I am going to do right now.

$30K will sell this car, and for now, I am just letting it sit on the market.

A while back I had someone offer me a "great fast deal" for $24K. I cried a little for him.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 04:25 PM   #86
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
A while back I had someone offer me a "great fast deal" for $24K. I cried a little for him.
For that, I'd say "thank you, but this car isn't for you."

Maybe I have too much emotional attachment to one certain car, but frankly, if I were to let my car go, which, again, ain't going to happen, I want it to go to someone who will love and appreciate it as much as I do. And it ain't someone who'll low-ball me $24K for it.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2012, 12:39 PM   #87
robrwalker
M addicted
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
For that, I'd say "thank you, but this car isn't for you."

Maybe I have too much emotional attachment to one certain car, but frankly, if I were to let my car go, which, again, ain't going to happen, I want it to go to someone who will love and appreciate it as much as I do. And it ain't someone who'll low-ball me $24K for it.
Could not agree more! I will turn away a buyer if I feel they will not appreciate the car....I mean, I am not crazy, but I appreciate the innate value of these vehicles and their rarity.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2012, 09:11 PM   #88
TG3
Rep
Drives: 330 ci

beutiful car, been lurking around these forums for a while and have seen yours up for sale, im getting the funds soon so i can hopefully purchase soon.. been keeping my eye on yours tho, ill be in touch =)
Appreciate 0