ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

06-13-2016, 11:33 PM   #23
The Hunter
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC & 2006 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCoupe View Post
Anything wrong with that Texas car? Somebody check it out already?
I haven't checked it out. A bit higher milage than I'm looking for.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2016, 10:25 AM   #24
RickySixx6
Rep
Drives: S54 M Coupe/NSX/R8

The Hack made a good point. There is a point where waiting could easily cost you because you're chasing that lower price. At the end of the day, if this is a car you plan on holding for a while then there should be no issue meeting a sellers best price. As it stands now, this is the bottom of the market and if this car follows the schedule the Z3 M Coupe followed then we're 1-2 years before we start seeing their values climb.

In short - I see no risk or downside in grabbing the best car you can afford now if you know the car will only be worth more than what you paid for it in the future.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2016, 07:56 PM   #25
The Hunter
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickySixx6 View Post
The Hack made a good point. There is a point where waiting could easily cost you because you're chasing that lower price. At the end of the day, if this is a car you plan on holding for a while then there should be no issue meeting a sellers best price. As it stands now, this is the bottom of the market and if this car follows the schedule the Z3 M Coupe followed then we're 1-2 years before we start seeing their values climb.

In short - I see no risk or downside in grabbing the best car you can afford now if you know the car will only be worth more than what you paid for it in the future.
That is true, and I'm not chasing a lower price, I'm chasing the right car. However, the best cars that I've found have been either far far away or in color combinations that don't appeal to me. Once you factor in $2k for shipping in an enclosed carrier, the flight to see the car, hotel, etc., it makes more sense to either buy closer to home, or wait for a good deal to come up far far away.

Either way, I have enjoyed talking with fellow enthusiasts about their cars and am appreciative to everyone who has reached out. Still haven't found a car that checks all the boxes, even far far away. But I have faith that she is out there, and I will be ready and waiting .

Last edited by The Hunter; 06-15-2016 at 08:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2016, 09:47 PM   #26
XMetal
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [10.00]
2018 Audi S3  [0.00]
2004 X5  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hunter View Post
That is true, and I'm not chasing a lower price, I'm chasing the right car. However, the best cars that I've found have been either far far away or in color combinations that don't appeal to me. Once you factor in $2k for shipping in an enclosed carrier, the flight to see the car, hotel, etc., it makes more sense to either buy closer to home, or wait for a good deal to come up far far away.

Either way, I have enjoyed talking with fellow enthusiasts about their cars and am appreciative to everyone who has reached out. Still haven't found a car that checks all the boxes, even far far away. But I have faith that she is out there, and I will be ready and waiting .
I would skip shipping if it's $2K. Just make it a road trip out of it by driving it home. What better way to know the car than to drive it cross country? The Z is a very nice road tripper - I've done quite a few in mine (about 1/3 of the miles on my car are on road trips)
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2016, 11:22 PM   #27
The Hunter
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMetal View Post
I would skip shipping if it's $2K. Just make it a road trip out of it by driving it home. What better way to know the car than to drive it cross country? The Z is a very nice road tripper - I've done quite a few in mine (about 1/3 of the miles on my car are on road trips)
That is certainly an idea. If the timing works out, I would definately be willing to make the trip.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2016, 02:34 PM   #28
mpathic
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 MCoupe,3.0Si R,E61 535xiT

My searched showed that condition and documentation matter _much more than exact miles. Well documented cars with 60 - 95k miles are fine. Then I can give it OCD level care from there forward and take care of any minor needs when I buy it.
Ended up with a one of two made, Interlagos/ extended Sepang, with carbon weave dash/ navi, 70k, a bit of scuff on the fangs, meticulously serviced and documented, vanos checked, Blackstone oil reports, fresh Conti's, and so on for $23k, plus the cost of getting it back from Atlanta to SF Bay area, about $24,5 all told. The car had been for sale for ~1/2 a year.
Rubber bushings age just by sitting still, leather dries, and fluids all need replacing and flushing based on time regardless of miles.
We put miles on our cars just by driving them. I look at the extra premium price for extra low miles as not worth it compared to finding excellent condition that can cost much more $$$ to recover a car from that's been abused and neglected.
      06-21-2016, 02:43 PM   #29
mpathic
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

If you want to live dangerously, here's a salvage title car, $65k miles.
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/5620746514.html

Claims salvage title was due to "minor front end damage".
      06-21-2016, 02:54 PM   #30
Roadroach
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4 3.0si coupe w/stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpathic View Post
Claims salvage title was due to "minor front end damage".
Apparently the insurance company has a different definition of "minor damage".

I think that seller is at least $6k too high for a car with a salvage title.
2014 981 Cayman S manual
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2016, 12:56 AM   #31
The Hunter
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadroach View Post
Apparently the insurance company has a different definition of "minor damage".

I think that seller is at least $6k too high for a car with a salvage title.
I agree. The price does seem high.

I've been lurking on the board, but I'm still looking. I'm now leaning toward interlagos or maybe a silver/space gray with red interior.

If you have a low mileage coupe you've taken care of and are thinking of selling let me know! I promise to give it a good home .
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2016, 06:24 AM   #32
AmmarYasirA
Ammar
United_States
Rep
Drives: a lot

Good luck dude. My preference was strictly based on color combo and it still took me a year lol.

I always wanted a coupe, but ended up in a roadster and I can say that a part of me still wants a coupe, but a Roady has brought around some great memories. Finding a coupe in my color combo wouldve just taken another year and my impatience got the best of me. :

Still love it though.
      07-26-2016, 11:04 AM   #33
The Hunter
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmmarYasirA View Post
Good luck dude. My preference was strictly based on color combo and it still took me a year lol.

I always wanted a coupe, but ended up in a roadster and I can say that a part of me still wants a coupe, but a Roady has brought around some great memories. Finding a coupe in my color combo wouldve just taken another year and my impatience got the best of me. :

Still love it though.
Thanks! I can see why you had trouble waiting. There have been several times that I have been tempted to buy one that wasn't quite right, but I know I will regret it later. I plan to hold onto the car for a long time, so it's worth it to put in the time on the front end.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2016, 12:42 PM   #34
AmmarYasirA
Ammar
United_States
Rep
Drives: a lot

Yeah definitely. I mean I still look around for a coupe with my desired color combo/low miles. (Which by the way, I still havent come across)

But selling these cars are hard as is, so I'd end up with two Z's in my garage for a while. And although they dont depreciate too much, I've just had terrible luck with selling cars and it would just end up selling for lower than what it should. (Based on how all of my previous cars have sold : )(I baby them too)

But I guess selling/buying is out of the question for some people. Even if its not, its still a big hassle. I'm sure something will come up though, your wants arent extreme, but lower mileage migggghhhtt be a little tougher to find.
      07-28-2016, 04:25 PM   #35
The Hunter
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmmarYasirA View Post
Yeah definitely. I mean I still look around for a coupe with my desired color combo/low miles. (Which by the way, I still havent come across)

But selling these cars are hard as is, so I'd end up with two Z's in my garage for a while. And although they dont depreciate too much, I've just had terrible luck with selling cars and it would just end up selling for lower than what it should. (Based on how all of my previous cars have sold : )(I baby them too)

But I guess selling/buying is out of the question for some people. Even if its not, its still a big hassle. I'm sure something will come up though, your wants arent extreme, but lower mileage migggghhhtt be a little tougher to find.
For sure. I've had the same luck selling cars. I tend to put a lot of work into making them perfect and then don't recoup that investment when I sell. People don't seem to take into account the cost of a valve adjustment, new brakes, tires, clutch, fluids, etc.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2016, 03:17 PM   #36
mpathic
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

@Ammar, yes, selling these cars is hard, even in excellent condition. Same for the Z3's. My A+ 2001 later body Z3 3.0, with hardtop, M Roadster interior transplant retaining the burled walnut dash style, all speakers replaced with current HK-Infinity, subwoofer refoamed, mechanically redone and upgraded everywhere, Vanos rebuilt with Beisan seals, race battery, and so on, is taking months to sell.
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/5673812832.html
      08-04-2016, 06:46 PM   #37
The Hunter
Private
Rep

Still lookin'
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2016, 11:07 AM   #38
The Hunter
Private
Rep

Anyone thinking of selling? Found a car but was beaten to the punch.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2016, 04:14 PM   #39
jdl1pt
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4M coupe 2007 IL Blue

sent you a PM

|OEM Strut bar|ZHP Knob lighted|RPI Scoop|Zeckhausen Modified CDV|DIY Clutch Stop|Camber shim kit|
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2016, 07:36 PM   #40
The Hunter
Private
Rep

Bump it up
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2016, 07:55 PM   #41
trufflelottery
Rep
Drives: N/A

Obviously you are a smart man judging by the way you chose to write the advertisement.

See my ad that by happenstance is written very similarly: http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1301036

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hunter View Post
Hi all, I'm on the hunt for a low milage Z4 M Coupe. I've been a long-time E46 M3 owner, but after driving the M Coupe I just can't get it out of my head, so I'm hoping the right car is out there.

Here's what I'm looking for, but I'm flexible as long as it's clean and well maintained:

Mileage - prefer <35k miles
Exterior Colors (in order of preference) - Interlagos Blue, Silvery Gray, Monaco Blue, Space Gray (open to others, but less interested in TiAG or black)
Interior Colors Prefer imola red for silver/gray cars, or black for blue cars, but this is flexible also
Options - prefer carbon or silver interior trim and no navigation
Condition - clean, well maintained, regular oil changes with records, no cars that have seen lots of inclement weather, no accidents
Mods - Open to cars with bolt-on mods, but prefer stock
Location - I'm in the Los Angeles area, prefer West coast or Southwest cars, but will travel or ship for the right car

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2016, 08:40 PM   #42
The Hunter
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by trufflelottery View Post
Obviously you are a smart man judging by the way you chose to write the advertisement.

See my ad that by happenstance is written very similarly: http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1301036
Great minds apparently
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2016, 09:00 PM   #43
fazalcon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3 CS

Hey, Ive always looked at this forum as a guest but specifically for you, opened an account just to reach out to you as I think I have the right car for you. Ive got an 07 Z4M Coupe Interlagos Blue on Black Leather, Aluminum trim, only thing that I noticed is that it has Navigation and I dont know how much of a turnoff that is for you. Its got right at 30,9xx miles and is clean as a whistle. No issues, clean carfax, 2 owners, prior TX car, Brand NEW Michelin PSS in the rear installed 09/02/16 and 3 month old Pss's in the front. It is the RIGHT car for you and Im open to completing a PPI on your dime if your interested.. We can talk price privately if your interested. My phone is 404-993-1618, Shoot me a text or call anytime. Located in Atlanta, Ga.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2016, 12:05 PM   #44
Gladius
Two Wheels or Four?
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Perf Edition m240i

My MCoupe is now up for sale officially:
http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1305007

Current: '18 AW Performance Edition m240i
Gone: '15 Mineral Grey m235i || '07 Silver Grey M Coupe || '11 Space Grey 328i XDrive || '08 SparkG M3 || '01 LSB M3 || '01 TiAg 330ci
Appreciate 0