ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Cosmetics Modification (Exterior/Interior) Discussions
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-24-2016, 05:22 PM   #1
No_Dominion
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

New Mstache V2 and Shadow Grilles Installed

Just got my new V2 Mstache back from getting painted and installed, and my shadow grilles arrived today, so I threw those on, as well. It's a good combo, I think.

Forgive the lackluster iPhone pic, had to snap it really quick before heading off for work.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      03-25-2016, 01:30 AM   #2
Philly_sweden
Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 2017

Garage List
  [10.00]
  [9.50]
2017 BMW M2   [7.83]
Wow! Very nice
      03-25-2016, 01:45 AM   #3
No_Dominion
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly_sweden
Wow! Very nice
Thanks! I'm definitely happy with it. Still a mile long list of further mods to go, though.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2016, 06:51 AM   #4
SaltyNC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Dominion View Post
Just got my new V2 Mstache back from getting painted and installed, and my shadow grilles arrived today, so I threw those on, as well. It's a good combo, I think.
Looks great.

Salty
Aux Port|LED Interior|LED Strip Trunk|Underseat First Aid Box|Stubby Antenna|Intravee II|BMW Oil Change Kit|Top Down Side Panels|Vibra Technics Engine Mounts|Rogue Trans Mounts|Engine Mount Bolts Upgrade|RS Windblocker|Euro Front Plate|M5 Illum Shift Knob|Supersprint Powerloop Exhaust|Gruppe-M Intake|RPI Scoop|Black Grills|19x8.5 ET35 F 19x9.5 ET22 R Sportline 8s PSS| Besian Vanos|CDV Delete
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2016, 01:10 PM   #5
No_Dominion
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyNC
Quote:
Looks great.

Salty
Much appreciated. I have Steve to thank, for the most part, for designing such an awesome piece for our cars.

I think the grilles really change the whole demeanor of the front end, though. Probably how the car should have came from the factory. Who thought chrome trim was good on an M car? :
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2016, 08:19 AM   #6
SaltyNC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Much appreciated. I have Steve to thank, for the most part, for designing such an awesome piece for our cars.

I think the grilles really change the whole demeanor of the front end, though. Probably how the car should have came from the factory. Who thought chrome trim was good on an M car? :
I ordered the same grills from ECS when you posted that great price, and they came in yesterday. Looking forward to seeing how it looks. I also wanted the stache, and told Steve to build me one, but checked my driveway that same day, and it wouldn't work due to clearance. Need to get my drive re-graded--too steep. Steve was nice enough to let me off the hook. Thanks again for the heads-up on the grill price.

Salty
Aux Port|LED Interior|LED Strip Trunk|Underseat First Aid Box|Stubby Antenna|Intravee II|BMW Oil Change Kit|Top Down Side Panels|Vibra Technics Engine Mounts|Rogue Trans Mounts|Engine Mount Bolts Upgrade|RS Windblocker|Euro Front Plate|M5 Illum Shift Knob|Supersprint Powerloop Exhaust|Gruppe-M Intake|RPI Scoop|Black Grills|19x8.5 ET35 F 19x9.5 ET22 R Sportline 8s PSS| Besian Vanos|CDV Delete
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2016, 04:57 PM   #7
No_Dominion
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyNC
Quote:

I ordered the same grills from ECS when you posted that great price, and they came in yesterday. Looking forward to seeing how it looks. I also wanted the stache, and told Steve to build me one, but checked my driveway that same day, and it wouldn't work due to clearance. Need to get my drive re-graded--too steep. Steve was nice enough to let me off the hook. Thanks again for the heads-up on the grill price.

Salty
No problem at all, glad I could help spread the word. Their price for the grilles was already decent, but at $60 that's around half what other retailers are charging.

That sucks about your driveway being too steep. What % grade or angle is your drive that it would cause it to scrape too much? Are you lowered, or stock ride height? I park in a garage beneath my apartment building, and it has a rather steep ramp leading up to the street outside, haven't rubbed on it yet.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2016, 08:34 AM   #8
VindieselJetta
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4m

Looks great!

I just finished doing the same on my Roady. Next up: gloss black grilles.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2016, 07:57 PM   #9
No_Dominion
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindieselJetta
Looks great!

I just finished doing the same on my Roady. Next up: gloss black grilles.
You just put on an Mstache, too? Definitely one of the best mods for our cars, IMO.

Gloss black grilles can look really good, I spent a few days trying to decide between the matte and the gloss.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2016, 12:05 AM   #10
Vanne
Down Under!!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

Looks pretty darn awesome, that Steve sure puts together a nice lip. Love it on your car mate.