ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-10-2011, 06:46 PM   #1
damikmak
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si Coupe

VMR Quality vs Avant Garde ?

I'm deciding between VMR and Avant Garde wheels on my Coupe and I have read a few comment about the quality of the finish on VMR's not being very good. I haven't heard much about Avant Garde finish. I know **********s say that AG wheels are a little stronger and the finish doesn't scratch as easy. Can anyone give me their opinion and experience on these wheels as I am ordering them tomorrow if I get some good advice. Thanks all!!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 07:51 PM   #2
NEKO
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 X6, 2019 X1

Just put on 18" Avant Garde M335s in Matte Black on my 07' 3.0si. Got a great deal from Alan at **********. You can see my pics in the photo section. Just look for NEKO and you can see the new wheels (just posted the pics two days ago). The Avant Garde wheels are powdercoated which provide a much more durable finish against scratches and chips. If you bump a curb they will scratch no matter what the finish is but against road debris the powdercoat is more durable. The wheels showed up in absolutely perfect condition with the BMW caps installed. I could not be happier with my experience with the Avant Gardes and **********. I am sure the VMR wheels are great as well but my experience with **********, answering all my questions, and the availability of the wheels made me choose the Avant Gardes. Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 10:48 PM   #3
bucko521
More of this than that!
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 3.0i, Z3 2.5i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEKO View Post
Just put on 18" Avant Garde M335s in Matte Black on my 07' 3.0si. Got a great deal from Alan at **********. You can see my pics in the photo section. Just look for NEKO and you can see the new wheels (just posted the pics two days ago). The Avant Garde wheels are powdercoated which provide a much more durable finish against scratches and chips. If you bump a curb they will scratch no matter what the finish is but against road debris the powdercoat is more durable. The wheels showed up in absolutely perfect condition with the BMW caps installed. I could not be happier with my experience with the Avant Gardes and **********. I am sure the VMR wheels are great as well but my experience with **********, answering all my questions, and the availability of the wheels made me choose the Avant Gardes. Cheers.
You mean these? http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=498354

Nice wheels!

'06 Z4 3.0i Jet Black/ Biege/Black
Leather / Premium Package / DICE Silverline DUO / Stubby Antenna / Matte Black Grill
Ultimate Cup Holder x2 / Gaptech RCH+ / First Aid storagebox x2 / Acrylic Wind Deflector
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 10:48 PM   #4
damikmak
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

NEKO, thanks for the info. Your car looks great with the matte black wheels!!
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2011, 07:33 PM   #5
damikmak
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

finally ordered the wheels today from elementwheels.com. decided on the Avant Garde M310's but they were out of stock so they turned me on to the Eurotek 02 wheels which are identical and Eurotek in San Diego actually make Avant Garde's wheels for them. The guys at element were great and they offer free shipping, no sales tax, and they threw in the BMW center caps for free! That saved me about $300. Can't wait to get them installed. Again, thanks for the info NEKO.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2011, 06:50 PM   #6
NEKO
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 X6, 2019 X1

No worries, can't wait for the pics!
Appreciate 0