ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-14-2010, 03:46 PM   #1
808six
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW 335 COUPE

zm 4 packages options- what to get and pass up

alright, just want to confirm some things as im searching for a coupe with desired features. this may be a dumb one but does the m coupe not come with a sports package since its already an 'm'...i notice none of the listings listed a 'sports package'....whats added on with the premium package, im wondering if i can skip this feature...and lastly what are the must haves from all you z4 m owners. i wouldnt want to spend the money and then look back wishin i had gotten this or the other... i liv ein hawaii so the nav function itself is not useful, should i get it for other reasons? ie back up cam etc etc..any input as far as options and packages would be great, as well as what not to get. tia
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2010, 03:52 PM   #2
808six
Second Lieutenant
Rep

two cars im looking at, which one is a better car, with out figuring in price
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...5&cardist=2687

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2010, 04:27 PM   #3
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
You are correct. M does not have a version without the "Sports package" and the M is actually a more advanced sports package.

The Premium package comes with a few things most people really want like power seats, bluetooth and stuff like that. Personally I think the power seats is worth it alone!

The Nav package is okay, I don't hear many good/bad things about it so it is the first thing I would leave behind. You don't need the Cold Weather package either (heated seats... I can't remember what else for the Zed).

Pretty much with an M I would get the Premium Package and Heated Seats as an option by itself (nice on a cold morning, and I use it as a back stress reducer after the gym and such)

I cannot remember the whole list of stuff, but it can be found here...

edit: can't seem to locate the older one... http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=345653
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded

Last edited by Hawkeye; 04-14-2010 at 04:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2010, 04:29 PM   #4
DarkstarZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Daytona 95 M3, X7 M50, e92 M3,

The black one is fully loaded and the red one is only missing the nav system.

The one thing they're both missing is the extended leather which completely changes the feel of the interior... but its very very rare.

Just so you know, when it was new the difference between base and fully loaded was $5,000. The only options were heated seats, premium package (power seats, THX sound system, BMW assist), and nav system. Everything else was standard.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2010, 06:06 PM   #5
808six
Second Lieutenant
Rep

thanks for pulling through...very much apreiciated, very good information!..honestly..after owning power seats i find it not as essential ;(...i like having quick access to my back seat with a pull of a lever, but in this case with no back seat i guess its a non issue..the power seats are "slow"..but, i think in the end id rathe rhave it on a bmw, for resale value and allure.and heated seats, i can 86 that since id have very litte ue for it out here in hawaii...with this info, i guess its time to explore the logistics of the shipping portion.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2010, 06:42 PM   #6
CalRick
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '15 M235 & '95 M3 tracktoy ;

Garage List
2016 X3 Xdrive28d  [0.00]
2015 BMW M235i  [0.00]
1995 BMW M3  [0.00]
The Premium Package also includes the cruise control (if you can believe that a $50k+ car wouldn't have CC standard!) Most every M that you run across will have the premium package as that's the way the dealers ordered them - you pretty much had to special order one to get it without the premium package.

The nav system is incorporated into the stereo system, so several functions (equalizer settings, radio preset readouts, trip computer, etc.) are handled by the nav screen rather than the little LED screen on the standard system. Some people have incorporated a backup cam (and TV/DVD playing) into it, but those aren't standard items.

The heated seats are nice, even here in So Cal (and more so in Nor Cal) but are probably not a big deal in Hawaii. As others have noted, the extended leather is a nice addition, but a rare find.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2010, 06:42 PM   #7
shitbrownMcoupe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 z4 M coupe

just take the one that most appeals to you... options.. not a big deal.. I just took the show room car in 2007... didn't care for the Nav. It's a great fun car to drive and the engine howls
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2010, 06:42 PM   #8
shitbrownMcoupe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 z4 M coupe

Too many 996's on the road now... M coupe is cheaper and still ugly, kinda like the ugly duckling
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2010, 06:50 PM   #9
808six
Second Lieutenant
Rep

thanks guys, very very informative,i wouldnt need cc either...i guess living out her in hawaiie the longest drive would be 20 minutes , i have cc on my current bmw and it really gets no use. by the way. i just called the dealer a few minutes ago..and he says that he just got three consecutive phone calls regarding the same car (black one, first lnik) lol i have a feeling it was on the strength of the link that i posted here...anyhow i think itll be gone by the time i get around to it, still got sell my current 3 series.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2010, 06:51 PM   #10
808six
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shitbrownMcoupe View Post
Too many 996's on the road now... M coupe is cheaper and still ugly, kinda like the ugly duckling
m coupe ugly???
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2010, 08:42 PM   #11
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Ugly? I don't think so.

Maybe it's time for a paint job? Brown probably isn't the most flattering color...time for some Imola Red buddy!
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2010, 09:01 PM   #12
ShakyDog
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0i Alpine White/Red

Wow, you really think the Z4 Coupe is ugly? I think it is one of the most attractive cars on the road. I would even say it looks better than ANY 911 ever produced (and I really like 911s). I did not buy a coupe because I wanted a roadster. That and I don't think I would have found one unless I went 200+ miles to buy one...
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2010, 11:35 PM   #13
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Where did you come from? Who said anything about a 996? M Coupe ugly? Haha, you're one of a kind.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2010, 11:48 PM   #14
808six
Second Lieutenant
Rep

i just realized how rare these coupes are....gotta get my hand son one!
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2010, 09:25 AM   #15
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
I think most porsche look mudane and about the same as every other porsche (small differences for the most part).

I think the Z4 looks better than just about any Porsche... but that is just based on looks.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2010, 04:23 PM   #16
trsbmw
deft danish devil
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM E86 M-Cp, LMB 335d M-Sport

Garage List
2007 Z4 M Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalRick View Post
The Premium Package also includes the cruise control (if you can believe that a $50k+ car wouldn't have CC standard!) Most every M that you run across will have the premium package as that's the way the dealers ordered them - you pretty much had to special order one to get it without the premium package.

The nav system is incorporated into the stereo system, so several functions (equalizer settings, radio preset readouts, trip computer, etc.) are handled by the nav screen rather than the little LED screen on the standard system. Some people have incorporated a backup cam (and TV/DVD playing) into it, but those aren't standard items.

The heated seats are nice, even here in So Cal (and more so in Nor Cal) but are probably not a big deal in Hawaii. As others have noted, the extended leather is a nice addition, but a rare find.
I'm glad I purchased mine with only 2 options, 1) metallic paint and 2) heated seats. Everything else is just added weight. Power seats are over rated, especially on a car where there is only one driver, and so is cruise control, I didnt buy this car to "cruise"...
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2010, 04:40 PM   #17
AWM3
BMW Fan
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, Alpine White

Worthless thread.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2010, 07:36 PM   #18
Graham M
I love my Z. Pure sex on wheels.
Canada
Rep
Drives: Is sold, goodbye everyone!

^ Worthless response
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post

The Premium package comes with a few things most people really want like power seats, bluetooth and stuff like that. Personally I think the power seats is worth it alone![/url]
Its
-Full auto climate control VS. Manual
-tinting mirrors (for night time) although it may just be the rear view mirror only
-power seats with memory (not worth the added weight for how often you adjust them to me at least)
-blue tooth intergration

I dont have the premium package but I still have heated seats (very important on a roadster lol)
I still have the bluetooth button though on my steering wheel (strange)
Get the sport package, also known in some places as the "M sport package".
as it lowers your car and it'll handle MUCH better.
      05-05-2010, 08:16 PM   #19
chickdr
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham M View Post
Get the sport package, also known in some places as the "M sport package". As it lowers your car and it'll handle MUCH better.
On the Z4M - there is no sport package option. It comes standard with the aggressive suspension setup. You will see ads with "sport package" listed as an included option, but this is not the case with the M.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2010, 08:23 PM   #20
Graham M
I love my Z. Pure sex on wheels.
Canada
Rep
Drives: Is sold, goodbye everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickdr View Post
On the Z4M - there is no sport package option. It comes standard with the aggressive suspension setup. You will see ads with "sport package" listed as an included option, but this is not the case with the M.
My apologies. What I said was more or less based on the non M Z4, which was quite mis-informative in the context of THIS thread obviously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Where did you come from? Who said anything about a 996? M Coupe ugly? Haha, you're one of a kind.
Yeah, I would love to own a Porsche for the pure handling aspect, but Good GOD they are just so frickin' hideous (like a speedy 4 wheeled bubble) so much that I could never bring myself to owning one.... short of a late 60's Speedster that is, and if I had $250k FOR one in the first place.

So this guy pokes fun of the looks of a Z4M, and goes on to talk about how the looks of a Porsche is better.
oh, okie dokie then.
      05-05-2010, 08:30 PM   #21
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by trsbmw View Post
I'm glad I purchased mine with only 2 options, 1) metallic paint and 2) heated seats. Everything else is just added weight. Power seats are over rated, especially on a car where there is only one driver, and so is cruise control, I didnt buy this car to "cruise"...
^+1
Couldn't agree more.
One of the main things I shopped for was a bare bones car.
The only thing I have is bluetooth.
'07 Z4 M Coupe Alpine White (sold)
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2010, 11:46 PM   #22
MIKe86
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 90 332is

Quote:
Originally Posted by inTgr8r View Post
^+1
Couldn't agree more.
One of the main things I shopped for was a bare bones car.
The only thing I have is bluetooth.
I just don't see why. If you're paying for a 30k+ used/pre-owned car, why not get all the bells and whistles to go with it?

Are you REALLY going to suffer from a few extra pounds? If you're that serious about tracking/racing the car then you would throw in sparcos or recaros or something of the sort, not leave the stockers anyway.
Appreciate 0