ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-07-2010, 12:53 PM   #1
mousitch
Dark Sider
Rep
Drives: 2008 Space Gray Z4MC

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [7.50]
Having a bad day? Check out mine.

Shipped off my DME last week to Power chip of Costa Mesa. They recieved it in and after two days of fiddling with it , they decided that they could not rewrite the code to make the rear 02's turn off. So fine, I said ship it back and I'll just go with Ochas sims. So they fedexed back next day air. Now it gets good. The package label came off and fedex just assumed it came from the BMW distro plant in Mississippi and shipped it there. Cannot get a hold of a soul at the distro. On top of everything Powerchip did not insure the DME.

Doesnt look good for me right now.

New DME $1200
Reprogram at BMW $600
Flatbed tow to BMW $100
Pain and suffering= priceless.
2008 Space Grey M Coupe-Euro headers-RPI Scoop-Gruppe M CAI-Eisenmann Race Cans-RE X-pipe-ECU Remap with O2 and EGT delete-H&R Sport springs-Zeck CDV delete-Stock Gloss black powder coated wheels-LED Tekarbon Angel Eyes Project-Michelin Super Sports-Hardwired Uniden R7-H&R front and rear spacers-Alarm module added-stereo amp recoded to vert spec settings

Last edited by mousitch; 05-07-2010 at 01:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2010, 01:01 PM   #2
Z3Z4MC
Private
Rep
Drives: Z4MC

Wow, sounds like Power chip doesn't know what the hell they are doing...from rewriting the code to something as simple as putting insurance on shipping.

Powership needs to cover for all the cost. Not your fault, they didn't put insurance on the package.
      05-07-2010, 01:25 PM   #3
mousitch
Dark Sider
Rep

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [7.50]
If I do get it back it will have been reopened and reshipped three to four times. Lord knows how Fedex repacked it .As they had to open it to get my VIN off the DME. Should have went with ESS but I already had PC program it before so they gave me a big discount to turn off the 02's which wasnt a problem for them(but it was).
2008 Space Grey M Coupe-Euro headers-RPI Scoop-Gruppe M CAI-Eisenmann Race Cans-RE X-pipe-ECU Remap with O2 and EGT delete-H&R Sport springs-Zeck CDV delete-Stock Gloss black powder coated wheels-LED Tekarbon Angel Eyes Project-Michelin Super Sports-Hardwired Uniden R7-H&R front and rear spacers-Alarm module added-stereo amp recoded to vert spec settings
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2010, 01:27 PM   #4
crfine88
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E86M

Bastards!

Sorry to here man. They shoud be covering all costs involved, plus your time. I hope it all works out.
      05-07-2010, 01:31 PM   #5
mousitch
Dark Sider
Rep

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [7.50]
It sucks because the body of my car is in the garage but its electronic soul is floating around in Mississippi. Scary stuff.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2010, 01:52 PM   #6
Z3Z4MC
Private
Rep
Drives: Z4MC

DO NOT let them pin the blame on FedEx, and DO NOT let them tell you to deal with FedEx directly. It will be a nightmare.

If the package is indeed lost, FedEx will end up paying Power Chip for the package. However, since they didn't pay for insurance, the check will be for the minimum of $100. Good luck and keep us posted on what happen.
      05-07-2010, 02:07 PM   #7
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si, 328 XDrive, X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousitch View Post
It sucks because the body of my car is in the garage but its electronic soul is floating around in Mississippi. Scary stuff.
Sounds like that old Star Trek episode where evil space aliens (with hot chicks ) invaded the Enterprise and stole Spock's brain. The episode was aptly titled - guess what - "Spock's Brain".

"Dammit Jim, I'm a Doctor, not a BMW mechanic!"

Anyway, I hope you got a chuckle from that!! I hope you get this straightened out real soon!

BMW Z4 3.0si Roadster. Montego Blue Metallic. Premium and Sport Package.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2010, 02:07 PM   #8
mousitch
Dark Sider
Rep

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [7.50]
Will do. Still trying to call the Santobia Miss plant but no answer. Fedex is supposedly tracking it for return to them then ship to me. Powerchip is also starting to help out a bit.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2010, 02:08 PM   #9
mousitch
Dark Sider
Rep

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huz-Z View Post
Sounds like that old Star Trek episode where evil space aliens (with hot chicks ) invaded the Enterprise and stole Spock's brain. The episode was aptly titled - guess what - "Spock's Brain".

"Dammit Jim, I'm a Doctor, not a BMW mechanic!"

Anyway, I hope you got a chuckle from that!! I hope you get this straightened out real soon!
Good stuff. Needed that. Stressed the blank out.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2010, 12:04 AM   #10
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousitch View Post
Good stuff. Needed that. Stressed the blank out.
I'm sure you've reminded Power Shi....that this is posted for ALL BMW-Heads to ensure they will not align themselves w/such an inept entity
      05-09-2010, 12:35 AM   #11
DarkstarZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Daytona 95 M3, X7 M50, e92 M3,

I have the O-cha sim and it's a much better way to go than to get a reflash. It's real easy to install and works flawlessly. It's also a lot cheaper than a reflash and you don't have to take the ECU out of the car for more than 15 minutes!
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2010, 08:53 AM   #12
mousitch
Dark Sider
Rep

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [7.50]
Got back my DME. It's all good . O-chas sims to be here tomorrow. Might still go for the ESS tune to get the Euro Mapping for the headers in the near future and have them shut off the rear o2's while they are at it.
Appreciate 0